🧪 Early Information on Tower of Styx Event [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Tower of Styx Event .

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Event – Tower of Styx !!

Overview

Tower of Styx is a new event which is similar to Ninja Tower or Tower of Magic, so it has got two questlines:

• The normal questline has got 25 floors.
  • The impossible questline has got only 25 floors, which you can start after the you have completed the normal questline.
  • In this Tower you need to “climb” down instead of up.
  • The overall goal is to “climb” as low as you can in the Tower of Styx
  • Each Floor must be completed before progressing to the next one
  • Floors cannot currently be replayed once completed
  • Each Floor is akin to an event Stage, and features monsters and Bosses
  • Tower of Styx Floors feature a new gameplay mechanic, Soul Grasp and Soul Loan.
    • Soul Graps:
      • It is a special tile, which will target one of your hero, and start to count down from 3.
      • If you manage to match it in 3 turns, then it boosts the health of the targeted hero.
        • The HP boost what it gives depends on how much turn left from it to explode.
        • If you match it instantly, then it boosts health with about 12% of the target’s max health.
        • If there is only 2 turn left from exploding, then it boosts helath with about 24% of the target’s max health.
        • If there is only 1 turn left from exploding, then it boosts helath with about 35% of the target’s max health.
      • If countdown reaches 0 and it explodes, then it damges your hero.
        • In early in Normal difficulty I saw about 700-800 damage / Soul Graps explosion.
        • At the end of Normal difficuly it goes up to 900 - 1000 damage.
        • In Impossible I saw 1100 - 1200 damage in the begining , which goes up to 1500 at the last floor. and it stays on similar level.
      • There can be more than one Soul Grasp on the board, and each of them is targetting a different hero.
      • If the targeted hero dies before the Soul Grasp expodes, then the Soul Grasp stays on the board, but it will have no effect on the hero as it is already defeated.
    • Soul Loan:
      • During the Tower of Styx quest the Souls of 3 hero classes are disabled from use all the time.
      • The disabled hero classes are changing afer every 5 floors.
  • Every 5 Floors completed on both questlines, you are offered the choice of a Blessing, selected from one of three options; these Blessings remain active for the rest of the Tower of Styx event, for all of your Heroes on your Roster; See the offered Blessings bellow.
  • Tower of Styx uses a new flag energy, called Tower Energy;
    • We receive 10 flags a day, which can not be carried out to the next day.
    • Each level needs 1 Tower energy, which means that 50 Tower Energies are needed if you want to complete all floors on both questlines
    • There is a special Tower energy flasks, which refills 5 Tower Energy
  • Floors currently have a timer, similar to Challenge Event Stages; likewise, the current scoring appears to use the Challenge Event logic;
  • There’s a Leaderboard, also similar to the Challenge Events; again, one notable difference about the Leaderboard is that it indicates Highest Floor for each player in addition to a Score.
    • The difference from Ninja Tower is the Tower is marked completed right after you have completed the Normal questline.
    • You can improve your score further if you complete the Impossible questline.
  • Rewards are currently structured like a Challenge Event, in that they are based on brackets of a certain number of players;
    • The rewards and the bracklets are almost identical as the rewards of the Ninja Tower and Tower of Magic
  • Similarly to Ninja Tower and Tower of Magic we have deadly chamber effects.
    • Toxic Vapor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that is filled with toxic vapor.
      Toxic Vapor deals X damage to all heroes every 3 turns.
    • Fragile Floor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that has fragile floor.
      The number of items that you can bring into battle is Y less than normally per item. You can always bring at least 1 item.
    • Errtaic Time: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber where time behaves erratically.
      All status effects cast by Heroes are Z turn(s) shorter than normally. They will always last at least 1 turn.
    • Unnerving Resilience which consist of 3 effects:
      • The first two is applied from Impossible 1, the third is from 16.
      • Unwaveing Defense: Status effects that reduce defense are -50% less effective against all enemies.
      • Strong Mind: All bosses have 33% chance to resis status ailments that effect mana or prevent the use of Special Skills.
      • Elemental Resistance: Having multiple Heroes of the same element in your Team reduces the damage that enemies take from that element (-10% for each hero

Soul Loans

During the Tower of Styx quest the Souls of 3 4 hero classes are disabled from use all the time.
The disabled hero classes are changing afer every 5 floors, and it is different in every occurance of the event.

@birksg has helped and he createad a table of the disabled hero classes in current Beta:

Old information

Stage-by-stage information:

@birksg has created a nice information about the monster and boss information and the rewards.

Old information

Thanks @birksg for creating these charts !

Tower chest

• After every 5th completed stage on Normal questline you can open a Tower chest.
    (There are no similar chests on Impossible questline)
    Each Tower Chest features a mixture of Fixed Loot (Emblems & Coins) and Random Loot (Crafting/ Ascension Materials & Battle Items).
Tower Chest Stage Unlocked Tower Coins Emblems
1 5 10x 10x
2 10 10x 10x
3 15 10x 10x
4 20 10x 20x
5 25 25x 30x
Total - 65x 80x

Blessings

Blessings offered after each fifth floor on Normal and Impossible questline:

The offered options are a boosted version of normal blessings of other Towers and some Rare blessings of other Towers.

Questline Completed Floor Options
Normal 5 All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero cast their Special Skill.
+25% Healing.
-15% Received damage reduction.
Normal 10 +25% Healing.
+15% mana every 5 turns.
All Heroes with less than 50% mana gain 250 HP each turn.
Normal 15 +15% Defense.
+15% Critical chance.
Summons a Styx Spirit Minion with 20% health and 20% attack inherited from the owner every 5 turns.
Normal 20 All Heroes with less than 50% mana gain 250 HP each turn.
+15% Critical Chance.
All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero cast their Special Skill.
Normal 25 All Heroes with less than 50% mana gain 250 HP each turn.
All Heroes with less than 50% HP gain 10% mana each turn.
All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero cast their Special Skill.
Impossible 5 All Heroes get 5% mana every time a Hero cast their Special Skill.
+15% Defense.
Impossible 10 +15% Critical Chance.
250 HP every 5 turns.
Impossible 15 All Heroes get 100 HP every time a a Hero casts their Special Skill.
All Heroes with less than 50% mana gain 250 HP each turn.
Stack (Max 10): All Heroes get +5% attack each turn.
Impossible 20 +15% Critical Chance.
Stack (Max 10): All Heroes get +5% attack each turn.
All Heroes get 100 HP every time a a Hero casts their Special Skill.

Exact wording of the Event Rules:

Summoning odds

• Rare Classis Hero: 63.1%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
  • Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%
  • Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
  • Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
  • Legendart Event hero: 1.0%

Bonus Draw:

• Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Summoning Cost

• Single pull: 100 Tower coins or 300 gems
  • 10 pull: 2600 gems

These Tower coins are the same as what you can get from other Tower events.
There is no bonus ascension material chest.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• June 15, 2022 – added for first look testing.
  • August 1, 2022 – some changes

:link: Related Threads

10 Likes

In early levels souls did 43% damage
I’m on level 12 and it was doing 51% of your hp

They might be more dangerous than curses

3 Likes

Yes, you still need to keep an eye on them, but mostly you can prevent them to cause you big harm.
Eg: By healing that hero with special skills or items, summoning minions, etc…
So that the targeting hero is not defeated.

And they do not have a lasting effects (cursing out heroes from further usage).
And if you match them, there is some benefit: HP boost of the target.

On the impossible stages I usually reached the boss level with about 200% HP on all heroes + some minions without any hero which boosts health.

So they can be very hepful especially if you match them just before they expire.

2 Likes

Sounds challenging. I really liking this idea for a couple of reasons. The “blocked” classes make you really think about putting a team together, that alone is a wonderful new twist. Secondly, you get enough flags to finish the tower without having to buy more, looks like the listened to our displeasure with the last two tower that made to pay to complete.

Now, not to be the naysayer, but I’m hoping they didn’t make this TOO difficult to the point where most of us will have to use gems to get more flags to complete. Finger cross this is as good as I’m expecting.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This has been my early thought as well. They’re allowing us to use our best heroes among certain classes. So the class restrictions still cause some strategy changes, but we can use our best heroes.

The defense flipping passive is going to cause quite a few problems and will be the other twist to gameplay. Some won’t care about it and just blast through. Some won’t notice and then quickly get wiped out.

It’s a change so I’m willing to give it a go.

4 Likes

So far it seemed to be easier a bit for ne compared to other towers.
If you can keep high HP for your heroes, then it goes smoothly.

But of course there are some dangerous enemy heroes who can do 2.7k+ damage even in the first half of Impossible difficulty.
Fortunately there are not much AOE enemies, and they do much less damage then Milena or some Ninjas.

The Tower only tricked me 1 time so far, when I killed by this 2.7k attack.

Since then I take a Miracle scroll with me just in case. :slight_smile:
I needed it only once, but it is good to have a plan B is too much of ny heroes are defeated.

And as you I do not affraid if loosing my heroes. I can play more relaxed. So the floor completion times are shorter.

7 Likes

nice!

I like that the Soul Grasp is similar to the eggs in Springvale and Pumpkins in Morlovia - if you cannot match in time they hurt you, but if you do match in time they help you. certainly much better than the annoying Magic/Ninja curses which only hurt you!

Also nice that no heroes will ever permanently be unusable. i’m fine with 3 classes at a time being barred, of course roster depth is important here and will be tougher for newer players/players with fewer heroes!

and really happy that we only have 25 + 25 floors, meaning it will be possible to do with free tower energy

step in the right direction for sure!

4 Likes

Does this mean Styx Troops are coming?

4 Likes

So far what I’ve read is kinda like the Easter event mixed with the normal tower event. The rotten Easter eggs has so many turns before they’ll exposed. Instead, of climbing up, it’s down. Interesting.

If so, who’s better? Mana, magic, ninja, styx? Why?

Yesss! So far I’m liking it.

1 Like

Hey Guil, you ready to be off the bench?

What happens if you hero gets “strike out”? Can you still use it?

It would make sense since the other towers have troops.

Does look better than the the current towers i do like that there is 50 floors so free energy should be sufficient.

The locked class mechanic looks better than the curse mechanic. Especially when ive had cursed heros that were impossible to aviod due to board.

1 Like

More troops to level. Lol

Maybe it will be a composite of existing troops:

• +attack 20%
• + Defence 20%
• + Critical 20%
• + Mana 20%

Drop +healing. Cos Styx is all about death and underworld. Healing is pointless. Bypass is moot since death is inevitable.

Time to save tokens! Just in case. Lol

1 Like

Is it blessing -15% damage reduction applies also to Soul Graps?

Your hero can just be defeated. You will always able to use it if it’s class is enabled on that stage.

At the moment I like this new tower the most.

1 Like

So far no troops arrived to Beta.
But Magic troops are arrived from thin air to the live game so they will most likely added sooner or later.

3 Likes

Cursed heroes are the worst. Not able to use certain classes will be interesting. This is a way for people to be creative.