🧪 Early Information on New Owl Tower Event [Part of The Beta Beat v63]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Owl Tower Event (new Ninja Tower like Event).

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Event – Owl Tower !!

Overview

Owl Tower is a new Tower event which has got two questlines:

• The normal questline has got 25 floors.
  • The impossible questline has got 25 floors, which you can start after the you have completed the normal questline.
  • The overall goal is to “climb” as high as you can in the Owl Tower
  • Each Floor must be completed before progressing to the next one
  • Floors cannot currently be replayed once completed
  • Each Floor is akin to an event Stage, and features monsters and Bosses
  • Owl Tower Floors feature a new gameplay mechanic, Owl Stone which can impart Owl Curses on your Heroes, preventing them from further use.
    • Heroes from Owl family can stand 5 Curses
    • All other Heroes will become unusable after the second curse.
  • Every 2 Floors completed on both questlines, you are offered the choice of a Blessing, selected from one of three options; these Blessings remain active for the rest of the Owl Tower event, for all of your Heroes on your Roster.
  • Every 3rd offered Blessing is a Rare Blessing so they are offered after every 6th completed floor on both questlines. See the offered Blessings bellow.
  • Owl Tower uses a Tower flag energy,
    • We receive 10 flags a day, which can not be carried out to the next day.
    • Each level needs 1 Tower enerty, which means that 50 Tower Energies are needed if you want to complete all floors on both questlines
    • There is a special Tower energy flasks, which refills 5 Tower Energy
  • Floors currently have a timer, similar to Challenge Event Stages; likewise, the current scoring appears to use the Challenge Event logic;
  • There’s a Leaderboard, also similar to the Challenge Events; again, one notable difference about the Leaderboard is that it indicates Highest Floor for each player in addition to a Score.
    • The Tower is marked completed right after you have completed the Normal questline.
    • You can improve your score further if you complete the Impossible questline.
  • Rewards are currently structured like a Challenge Event, in that they are based on brackets of a certain number of players;
    • The rewards and the bracklets are almost identical as the rewards of other Towers.
  • Similarly to other Towers we have deadly chamber effects.
    • Toxic Vapor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that is filled with toxic vapor.
      Toxic Vapor deals X damage to all heroes every 3 turns.
    • Fragile Floor: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber that has fragile floor.
      The number of items that you can bring into battle is Y less than normally per item. You can always bring at least 1 item.
    • Errtaic Time: The battles takes place in a Deadly Chamber where time behaves erratically.
      All status effects cast by Heroes are Z turn(s) shorter than normally. They will always last at least 1 turn.
    • Unnerving Resilience, which is only added for Impossible Questline.

Unnerving Resilience Deadly Chamber Effect

This Deadly Chamber effect only added for Impossible Questline.
It contains 4 sub-effects:

• Strong Mind:
    • All bosses have a 33% chance to resist status ailments that affect mana or prevent use of Special Skill.
  • Elemental Resistance:
    • Having multiple Heroes of the same element in your Team reduces the damage that enemies take from that element (-10% for each Hero of the same element).
  • Unwavering Defense
    • Status ailments that reduce defense are -50% less effective against all enemies.
  • Absolute Resolve
    • Enemy damage taken is reduced every time you use a Special Skill or a Battle Item. The damage taken reduction resets at the start of your turn.

The Strong Mind and Elemental Resistance are added starting from Floor 1.
The Unwavering Defense is added starting from Floor 9.
The Absolute Resolve is added starting from Floor 13.

Stage-by-stage information:

Guide by @birksg

• After every 5th completed stage on Normal questline you can open a Tower chest.
    (There are no similar chests on Impossible questline)
    Each Tower Chest features a mixture of Fixed Loot (Emblems & Coins) and Random Loot (Crafting/ Ascension Materials & Battle Items).
Tower Chest Stage Unlocked Tower Coins Emblems
1 5 10x 10x
2 10 10x 10x
3 15 10x 10x
4 20 10x 20x
5 25 25x 30x
Total - 65x 80x
  • Blessings offered after each second floor is similar to what we have in other towers.

• Final ranking rewards (image from Tower of Magic):

Exact wording of the Event Rules:

Tower Summon

Appearance Rates

• Rare Classic Hero: 64.3%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
  • Legenday Classic Hero: 1.2%
  • Rare Event Hero: 6.7%
  • Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
  • Legendary Event Hero: 0.3%
  • Featured Legendary Event Hero: 1.0%

BONUS DRAW:

• Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Featured Heroes

• Timius
  • Ommodus
  • Relius

Cost

• 1x Pull: 100 Tower coins / 300 gems
  • 10x Pull: 2600 gems

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• November 22, 2023 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Sucks that heroes can only receive 2 curses, I’ve never been a fan of that but that’s mostly because I have less heroes. This is part of the reason the Styx tower is my favorite, Styx is also the most unique I think. I’m also trying to figure out what’s new about this one compared to the others, the curses seem identical to the Ninja tower.

5 Likes

more towers were inevitable. as long as we only have one a month, I’m totally fine with it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Waiting for Zynga to decide if it would be Owl troops or de legendary troops. Tower events now associated with special troop portal.

Well, at least only 50 floors, but then to be fair I prefer towers that allow us not to be cursed after 2, or ones that allow classes to have more (magic) for specific classes. This usually always makes you rely too much on tornadoes and good boards, it’s annoying.

2 Likes

Yeah, wish they’d put some work in and come up with a different gameplay gimmick for a new tower. Like previously said, it only serves to make us use a bunch of items.

2 Likes

Yup. Like playing with bonus points.

Say 1 minute set for stage 1 for max bonus points. If player clears that under 1 minute with time to spare, player gets that max bonus points plus carry forward the “surplus” seconds to Stage 2, to be used to offset time used to clear Stage 2.

Something different.

I also like Styx because there’s “no curses”. Magic because of the heroes and troops pulls. Ninja the coins carries over. Some of Ninja heroes are not bad. Personally, I’d pull in Magic tower.

2 Likes

any news on new owl troops?

1 Like

We have not seen Owl troops in Beta

3 Likes

My Guardian Owl sobs silently in a corner.

Or, maybe, just maybe, he would stand more curses, since he’s used to being cursed from the very beginning? :slight_smile: (Ruffles feathers).

6 Likes

I’ve been reading it again. Even the number of curses seems identical, except that now only Owl family heroes can have more curses than normal.

So… besides that and the enemies… doesn’t look like there’s anything “new” to this tower either

1 Like

Remove the curse gimmick and just do what Styx does. It’s literally teh only Tower that felt playable imo without a redundant penalty because curse stones choose to spawn where no matches can be made.

9 Likes

@PlayForFun Do I understand correctly that if there are still no owl squads, then there definitely won’t be any more? Did the staff say anything about it? Can they be added in the future? Or there will never be any?

No, there are no Owl troops in Beta, but ealier in some of the towers the Troops are releases without Beta testing.
So this is not guarantees that there will not be Owl Troops when the Owl Tower will be release.

Staff has not answered anything about the troops.

1 Like

Magic troops released without beta testing.

@Guvnor asked Staff about troops to go with Magic Tower event / portal.

Seems answer was no. Or maybe not affirmative.

Tower of Magic released with new troop portal. Caused some talk.

3 Likes

@PlayForFun @BlackZed Thank you, friends!

2 Likes

I was watching YouTube video that happend to be sponsored by Empires & Puzzles and this ad shown few pictures of Owl Tower, so I guess its fine to share them here (as video is public anyway and everbody can watch it)

9 Likes

Staff also shared some images on X too.

6 Likes

I’m not sure I give two hoots about these owls :owl: