đŸ§Ș Early Information on the November 2019 HOTM (Neith)

Even Finley’s subsequent hit’s damage got nerfed but this wouldn’t lower his versatility in any way. This is because he applies a better effect other than blind the target that you should have killed or the poison it so that it could or couldn’t die in 6 turns.

Nerfing scenarios of perfectly balanced heroes (and model of comparison for pretty much every sniper) isn’t the right way to convince players about a certain point of view.

If Zimkitha were to become average speed she would need a better damage output to be balanced to compensate her loss on versatility but if she were to get a lower damage while staying fast her versatility would still be the same and if she were to deal 100% damage while becoming very fast her versatility would greatly increase.

This is because versatility of support heroes is given by their effect/speed and not by their damage even if it would play a huge part when it would comes down to chaining special skills.

5 Likes

I think Finley got a nerf because he was really OP, perhaps the most damaging hero ever created by SG (in its original form). Neith’s case is quite different, although she also needed an adjustment, but to a lesser extent than was done.

@FraVit93, I think you are an experienced player, please answer honestly: Do you really believe this nerf didn’t alter Neith’s acting spectrum?

(utility) On versatility? No.
(damage) On special skill’s combo? Definitely yes.

She is still able to do what she were doing before the tweak but surely she wouldn’t erease a whole team when casted after Kunchen.

4 Likes

I think the minon resist is her compliment to Seshat. Seshat is resistant to mana cutting and has cloning minions. Neith is resistant to minions and mana cuts. Now the skills on a head to head that matter is Seshat is a sniper, and Neith affects accuracy.

I do wish she was fast. I think -attack is always better than -accuracy (and Zeline is fast, so
) because when the enemy hits, it’s still 100% strength. The small mana cut, low AoE damage, and -accuracy doesn’t mean she has to be balanced as “average” imo. I would be happier if she was fast, but I’ll still be happy if I pull her even as she is. I think anyone who uses Justice regularly (defense, titans, war) would be happy to have a more versatile replacement/secondary depending on the use.

EDIT: Correction- Neith doesn’t have the minion resist. Thank you @Rigs and @DaveCozy for clarifying

2 Likes

I guess i got confused. I thought january hotm(vela) was the one with minion resist

Thread got sidetracked a bit when she got brought up

Idk what resist neith has

2 Likes

@Tamsin Vela is the hero that resists minion attacks and negative effects.

Rigs, Neith resists mana blocks. That’s really only Proteus and Hel.

Yes, this thread has been sidetracked :slight_smile: Please continue Vela’s discussion under her thread, and let’s continue Neith discussion here.

3 Likes

Where do we talk about zephyr1?

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you both @Rgis, @DaveCozy for clarifying. I got confused.

2 Likes

Where do we not talk about zephyr? :thinking: :grin:

6 Likes

Good point lol

I respect your opinion, although I disagree. After all, which is versatility, if not utility in various panoramas. Utility is efficient use in a specific area, versatility says that something is useful in more than one area or in more than one way.

Zeline and Zinkhita harm an entire team after Kunchen and with fast mana. Even 3 * does damage, after Kunchen fires, this is his expertise, not theirs.

Utility is what X do to bring benefits to the team, versatility is in how many areas X would have good performances.

Even Kunchen’s autoattacks deals more damage after his own cast but very few heroes would remove heroes’ chances to counter said effect.

Zimkitha needs her own buff to deal good damage, Zeline needs to hit ice heroes. Both of them can deliver an ok-ish punch to targets with low defense and hardly they would kill any uninjured hero, letting them the chance to counter their effects (mainly cleansing + healing ).

A Kunchen + Neith (old self) cast would let the heroes take too high damage on top of letting them take one or more round of autoattacks from defending heroes, potentially killing a comeback hero. No counterplay out of the not so common taunt.

It’s the same story for Kingston, that could directly take out the cleanser (maybe in the corner) while affecting all the other heroes and in the end he were rightfully tweaked.

2 Likes

We say the same thing, but in different words, regarding utility and versatility. But using your definition of versatility, do you still guarantee that Neith’s versatility hasn’t changed with aggressive nerf? Ok. We think differently.

Any hero who attacks after Kunchen deals too much damage. In addition to those already mentioned, Kadilen would compose this body. My point is that this is Kunchen’s expertise. Neith’s is another. And as I said before, I agree with the nerf, but not the scale at which it was administered.

About Kingston, you were absolutely correct.

I was unimpressed with Onatel so have never leveled her, I’ve yet to lose a match against a team running her at tank. On the other hand I do have both Hel and proteus maxed and running them with Neith prior to her nerf was awesome
After the nerf I would put her above Onatel but below Hel as far as a HOTM. She was a damage dealer who could blind and Guin ya all at the same time. She’s had her legs cut out from her and I won’t be chasing for her. Shes a decent at best, utility hero. Obviously it will depend on the board you get, and the 10% manna reduction will be good for 1 turn at most. I think Justice’s blind is more effective than hers or that’s been my observation. With her average manna speed and the decrease in attack it is truly a disappointment.

A lot of beta testers are simply looking for a balanced hero, I on the other hand am not. There was a lot of feedback on her, in my mind that was negative and she was nerffed. I on the other side saw a hero who could actually control that battle. We also saw this in the opposite direction with Aegir and SG did not listen to the beta community and released him broken with his fix coming later. Sometimes I fully agree with the community at large, sometimes and in this case I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum. So now it will be on the player community at large to complain as they did with Aegir to get Neith fixed, hopefully back to her original stats, although, I won’t hold my breath.

6 Likes

HEHEHEHEHEHE
![Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo|349x500](upload://h5N6x4BLHKNDmLmsJl3KBk2tuX0

Sometimes it is tiring to repeat the same point of view “n” times. As we walk, taking into account what the other has to say, we change our minds or rebalance what we want so that all needs are met, or as many as possible. After all, we learned a lot from each other.

I genuinely care about the game and its players, my alliance people, and our opponents. Well, it’s only good if you have progress for everyone.

I know the vast majority in this forum have the same concerns. I just don’t understand why we should get a medium or mediocre hero instead of a really good and relevant hero.

We know that small changes to the unreleased hero can make it better and more useful without overpowering it. We don’t want one GM per month, but we do want one hero at least better than the average TC 20 heroes, because even those will receive improvements with the advent of costumes.

Exclude Neith as a tank or a great striker, yet she should be a HOTM that really adds value to the team.

A mediocre HOTM may not make a difference to a player with a large squad, but for those people who spend months collecting gems or golden coins, trying to get a 5 * hero, will make all the difference. Not to mention the time and materials we would spend to level our only option.

It’s exciting to get a Seshat, Kingston or Miki, but it is disheartening to pull a Margaret or Anzogh.

So sometimes I insist with colleagues that this hero should be released as best we can. I mention this as a consumer, alliance colleague, and colleague in the game. Not an OP hero, but a really useful and relevant hero in the current game landscape.

For many, he will be the first or only one 5*.

And for those who have a lot of good heroes, it doesn’t hurt to put themselves in the shoes of their colleague. We do not live alone in the world and we will not grow alone in the game.

Am i wrong? If so, sorry.

3 Likes

I don’t get why people keeps saying her 10% mana cut will only last one turn
 as if Guin’s 20% was lasting more than that.

I got mana troops lvl 23 and for most heros, 20% is three tiles anyway.

So the effect will feel about the same when used in a defense team.

1 Like

Yes, I believe so. A poor 5* for someone keeps them poor. So, yes, if as most are saying Neith is a bad HOTM as nerfed down, then putting yourself in you colleagues shoes explain why there is a lot of criticism on the nerf down. UPDATE: I did pull Neith and have played with it, and believe that it still could use some re-adjustment up. However, it is not awful, and certainly has some good use, especially for defense.

I did not understand your point.

I am saying to launch good HOTMs, which for some, they may be the only ones. I am not referring exclusively to Neith.

In my alliance there are colleagues who took Anzogh, others Margaret, put their items in it and only later saw that they were not good.

Everyone can take that risk. But for F2P it’s more harmful. Who has a vast squad 5 * will hardly feel.

2 Likes

I have 3 HotM in 2,5 year of playing (so not an army) and planning to chase Evelyn this november so i might end up with Neith.

I have all the interest to push for a stronger version (btw, i don’t have Drake).

I still think my personal gain goes behind my beta testing and overall do what i feel is more right.

6 Likes