🧪 Early information on the new PvP event - Hero League [Part of The Beta Beat V60]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new PvP event called Hero League.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Hero League

This is raid base PvP event.
Before the event starts a popup is presented to you (similarly to War of the Three Kingdoms) to Join the Hero League.

Exact text on dialog

If you click on JOIN NOW in the banner, then the screen will navigate you to the new Raids / League tab (which is between Raids and Tournament buttons).
Where you need to click on JOIN similarly to the tournaments.

These screen is looks same as Tournament screen as it contains 3 sub-tabs: Rules, Leaderboard, Loot (Beta).
Under them you can see the Join button or your defense team with the Edit team button.
On the bottom there is a Go to Battle button.

League Schedule

The event will be 28 35 days long in total, which is divided into a 1 week long registration phase and 4 rounds, and each round lasts for 1 week.
At the end of the first round all inactive players will be eliminated, and the buttom 25% of the players are knocked out of the active players, and bottom 25% of the players are knocked out at the end of Round 2 and 3 too. Some reward is distributed for the knocked out players.

The Battle Phase of each Round takes 6 days, where you can perform battles, and afterwards there is 1 Cooldown Day when the loots are given.

The loot of later round is keep getting better.
At the end other than the participation loot a fixed Loot is given to the top 10000 players.

League Rules - General

Family and Class Bonuses

There are Featured families throughout the whole League, which get an extra 40% 30% stat boost.
During each round two hero classes are featured, which get an extra 10% stat boost.
You can check the featrured families and classes any time in the Event Rules.

Exact text on the Bonuses tab in the League Rules:

List of Featured Families and Heroes from earlier Beta

List of Featured Families and Heroes from latest Beta

Battle Phase

Once the Battle Phase is started you will see Your Score and Your current ranking, and you can Go to Battle.

You can do 20 10 attacks a day. and each attack is using you standard Raid Energy, and you can use your standard Attacking Teams, and switch them like you can do it during raids
In latest Beta now there is a dedicated separate attacking team what you can use to setup your heroes to attack, and not your usual raid team setups is offered.

You get points based for you attacks on

• Whether you won or not.
    • 200 Points if you Win.
    • 100 Points if you Lost.
    • 0 Points if you Flee.
  • How many enemies are defeated in the battle
    • 20 Points per defeated enemies. (100 Points in total)
  • How well you have matched the shields during the battle
    • 4- shield Match: 2 points / each. Maximum is 40 points.
    • 5- shield Match: 4 points / each. Maximum is 40 points.
    • Highest Combo: 3 points / highest combo length. Maximum is 40 points.
  • If you won within 10 turns, then you get 300 points.

:warning: Fleeing a battle before it is over will result in 0 points

At the end of the fight you can see a dialog about the score you gained with these details:

• Victory Bonus
  • Enemy Heroes Defeated
  • Battle Bonus
  • Score Gained (total of all above)

No loot is given at the end of the fights.

Each opponent features a Difficulty Bonus that is calculated by comparing the performance of their Defense Team to your performance in previous attacks.

At the end of each round, players receive Defense Points based on their Defense Team’s performance.

• 60% performance: A grade = 13500 points.
  • 50% performance: B grade = 10000 points.
  • 40% performance: C grade = 7500 points.
  • 30% performance: D grade = 6000 points.
  • 0% performance: E grade = 3000 points.

You can change your defense team any time during the event.

Score tab on the League Rules

League Log

Once the Battle Phase is started you can access the League Log by click on the ? sign next to your Ranking.

It has got 3 tabs: Attacks, Defense, Rounds

Attacks tab

You can see your Attack History hero.
Above the history you can see how many attacks have you done in this round.
Bellow the history you can see that how many attacks do you left for the day, and when you will the attack limit reset.

This tab is cleared at the start of each Round.

In-game tooltip

Defenses tab

You can see your current Defense Grade.
If you do not receive any attacks, then your Grade is C.

In-game tooltip

Rounds tab

You can see that what is the highest Round you have reached so far.

You can see a table of your performance through the Rounds:

Round Attack Score Defense Score Total Score Attacks
Round ONE - - - -
Round TWO - - - -
Round THREE - - - -
Round FOUR - - - -

In-game tooltip

Loot

There are two loot sources in the event.
The knocked out players for each Round (or all remaining players in round 4) get a radomized loot.
The top 10000 players get a fixed loot at the end of the League.

:warning: The loots are placeholders for Beta testing

Randomized Round Loot

Loot Tier Tokens Dunes Coins Class Emblems Ascension Materials Battle Items Crafting Items
Participated: Round One
(Bottom 25%)
1 Draw:
EHT: 1%
ETT: 3%
Summon Token: 96%
1 Draw:
x3*: 20%
x2: 30%
x1: 50%
1 Draw:
x5: 100%
1 Draw:
3*: 1%
2*: 50%
1*: 49%
2 Draws:
4*: 2%
3*: 4%
2*: 35%
1*: 59%
2 Draws:
4*: 2%
3*: 4%
1*: 59%
Participated: Round Two
(Next bottom 25%)
1 Draw:
EHT: 3%
ETT: 5%
Summon Token: 92%
1 Draw:
x5*: 10%
x3: 20%
x2: 70%
1 Draw:
x10: 100%
2 Draws:
3*: 20%
2*: 40%
1*: 40%
2 Draws:
4*: 4%
3*: 6%
1*: 55%
2 Draws:
3*: 6%
1*: 55%
Participated: Round Three
(Next bottom 25%)
1 Draw:
EHT: 4%
ETT: 8%
Summon Token: 88%
1 Draw:
x10: 40%
x5: 60%
1 Draw:
x20: 100%
2 Draws:
3*: 25%
2*: 40%
1*: 35%
2 Draws:
3*: 8%
1*: 53%
2 Draws:
1*: 53%
Participated: Last Round
(All remaining players)
1 Draw:
EHT: 5%
ETT: 9%
Summon Token: 86%
1 Draw:
x30: 5%
x20: 20%
x10: 25%
x5: 50%
1 Draw:
x30: 100%
3 Draws:
3*: 45%
2*: 55%
4 Draws:
4*: 6%
1*: 51%
3 Draws:
4*: 6%
1*: 51%

Fixed Ranking Loot

It seems the top 10000 players will receive a fixed loot based on their ranking.

Rank Class Emblems Coins Tokens Trainer Heroes Battle Items
Rank 1 100x Barbarian
100x Cleric
110x Dunes
110x Kingdom
110x Tower
5x EHT
5x ETT
3x 4* Fire
3x 3* Fire
5* 2* Fire
5x Timestop
10x Bomb Attack
30x Bear Banner
30x Arrow Attack
Rank 2 - 10 75x Barbarian
75x Cleric
85x Dunes
85x Kingdom
85x Tower
3x EHT
5x ETT
2x 4* Fire
3x 3* Fire
5x Timestop
10x Bomb Attack
30x Bear Banner
30x Arrow Attack
Rank 11 - 1000 50x Barbarian
50x Cleric
60x Dunes
60x Kingdom
60x Tower
1x EHT
3x ETT
1x 4* Fire
2x 3* Fire
10x Bomb Attack
30x Bear Banner
30x Arrow Attack
Rank 1001 - 10000 25x Barbarian
25x Cleric
30x Dunes
30x Kingdom
30x Tower
1x ETT 1x 3* Fire -

Beta release notes

Beta Release notes about the event

These are the preliminary information what Staff has provided us. I will update the topic more details through the event.

• An all-new competitive format: Raid for glory and survival in a monthlong league!

• Each League runs for 4 rounds
    • At the end of each round, the bottom 25% scorers are eliminated
    • Battle other players and accumulate points to reach the final round!
    • NOTE: Not connected to Raid Arena or Raid Tournaments
  • Special Event Bonuses

• Featured Families
      • +40% increase to all stats
      • Featured Families are designated at the start of a League and do not change between rounds
    • Featured Classes
      • +10% increase to all stats
      • Featured Classes change each round
  • Regular Schedule (4 weeks)

• Registration Phase (1 day)
      • Register for the League and prepare your Defense Team!
    • Battle Phase (each league has 4 rounds; each round runs for 6 days)
      • Earn points by conducting attacks
        • Maximum of 20 attacks per day
        • Points are affected by a number of factors, such as whether you won, how many enemy Heroes you managed to defeat, and how well you matched shields during the battle
        • Each opponent features a Difficulty Bonus that is calculated by comparing the performance of their Defense Team to your performance in previous attacks
        • Fleeing a battle before it is over will result in 0 points
      • At the end of each day, players receive Defense Points based on their Defense Team’s performance
      • NOTE: For this beta round, Battle Phase durations have been shortened to 21 hours
    • Cooldown Phase (occurs between rounds; each cooldown phase lasts for 1 day)
      • All players are unable to battle during this Phase
      • The bottom 25% scorers from the previous round are eliminated
      • Eliminated players cannot play in the next round
      • NOTE: For this beta round, Cooldown Phase durations have been shortened to 3 hours
  • Rewards

• Loot is received when you are eliminated OR at the end of the League (if you have reached Round 4)
      • Rounds Loot tier is determined by the last Round you reached
      • Ranking Loot tier is determined by your final rank, which is determined by your final score
      • As in other events, players receive only the rewards from the highest loot tier they belong to
    • PLEASE NOTE: Rewards shown in this beta round are placeholders and do not reflect the rewards that will be awarded in the live version of this feature

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

12 Likes

This sounds ok and possibly fun and interesting.
Although, it’s yet another thing for the top 100, which is frustrating because I am guessing those of us not at the top, won’t get far and will get pretty rubbish loot/rewards, but I am at least willing to give it a shot

7 Likes

PvP not p2p, I assume? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, thx. I have updated the topic title and the description to have PvP.

4 Likes

There are plenty of skilled players at a lower level. You don’t have to have the shiniest new heroes to do well in raids. It’s about synergy

14 Likes

I agree, and I have some nice heroes with good synergy, but let’s face it, we’re going to be facing (at some point) all heroes with 6k+ defense, with fast and LB2, and if we get bad boards which is inevitable, we’re going to do terrible. so I stand by what I first said, it’s the same as how it is now with raids and wars. But I don’t mind, it’s like with anything to be top, you need to spend or be very lucky. I don’t mind that.

10 Likes

Yup I agree with you.

Let’s see how participants are matched though. If it’s like RT, the bias towards deep strong rosters may be minimised.

Players could also be grouped in competition tiers, based on their war score. This would minimise bias too.

Similar games have similar raid challenges, mostly by week, with no elimination. This is the first time I am seeing a 28 day challenge, with elimination rounds: Heats. Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals.

Should be interesting.

7 Likes

I was honestly just thinking of raid trophies and how we are matched, but yes you’re right, maybe we can be matched differently and making it fairer/better, so I am definitely willing to give this a chance for the first time, and maybe even a second time so they can iron out any chinks in the chain from the first public release.

I love raids and the raid tournaments so this appeals to me.

Fingers crossed the execution of the concept goes smoothly.

Can someone confirm the scores reset for each round and everyone that passed into the next round starts at zero? If the scores are cumulative, someone just above the bubble will have an almost impossible task to pass the next round.

3 Likes

Will they introduce new heroes to the mix as well? I seriously doubt they’d give us a new event without new heroes to go with it

2 Likes

Both are correct.

Don’t forget a potential 10% bump to stats for heroes of the featured class and a 40% boost to heroes in the featured family, in addition to their family bonus. Excluding classic and HotM families, I don’t think I have more than 2 legendaries in any family, but I’ll bet there are folks who have the full set of legendaries in most of the families. Heck, a +20, 2LB, CB 4-star in the right family would be better than most non-family legendaries, I suspect. Only so much synergy can do to overcome that crap.

8 Likes

If 25% are eliminated each round, then 42% of the starting players will reach the fourth phase. That’s not too bad. I hope these battles count towards the PvP chest.

What I’m not so thrilled about is the possible choices of featured families. It would be nasty if they keep choosing the F2P unfriendly ones (all the monster hunters, musketeers, Wo3K, the latest season, etc.). And even if it’s not the case, simply not picking S1, the older challenge events or HotMs will filter most F2P heavily.

6 Likes

For the battling, are both players attacking each other at the same time? or is the defending team controlled by AI like normal raids are?

2 Likes

Just reading the description gets me excited. I like the idea of giving us new ways and reasons to use our heroes.

Cynicism:
Cynics and haters will point out the following:
This is only for top players or players with big rosters.
Loot is bad.
This is too time consuming.
Defense points will be just as bad as tournaments.
This will encourage limit breaking a greater variety of heroes which is a money grab.
Raids are rigged and or unfun.

Some of those apply here but I’m excited. My initial defense lineup I set is unlike any defense I’ve ever put together.

6 Likes

20 more required attacks for those who are like myself who go for completion of anything they put up. I think I’ve finally found something that I will pass on because 20 attacks for me is at least another 90 minutes just doing raids.

3 Likes

This was a concern for me, as well. I guess it depends on the potential loot, but raids are a big time commitment.

4 Likes

for me, I’m usually good with filling the chest once a day between the attacks from the weekly tourney and other raids without flasking. On the weekends, the raiding was the reason I was going to pass on the Giant pass this time around until they lowered requirements for the raiding. I do this for the towers that are 50 levels, wars and MT now. Not much else. Anything that I cannot auto play, I usually wont do outside of the regular quests like the 1 thats up now for the aether

1 Like

:joy::rofl: the thought crossed my mind as well but I am hoping that there won’t be another portal with this 28-day tournament.

Maybe Zynga will create another new family: Marauders or Raiders

Same on all accounts. I’m done with towers after 25 levels. Too much time commitment and too repetitive. If I were starting new and didn’t have a roster that could auto-play so much stuff, I don’t think I could keep up.

And those will be the featured family in 3 out of every 4 tournaments!

2 Likes

IMO This sounds like them doing to raids what W3K did for wars. I foresee a lot of bugs and technical problems. I also predict extremely bad loot for everyone who doesn’t finish in top matchups. I hope that I am wrong, and will give it a shot initially in hopes that they prove me as such.