🧪 Early information on the February 2023 HOTM -- Viselus [Part of The Beta Beat V54]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the February 2023 HOTM, Viselus

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Viselus Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 846 808

Attack: 824 704
Defense: 824 817
HP: 1442 1491

Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Class: Druid
Family: Legends 2023

Innate Abilty: Health Boost of Poision
Boosts health of this character and nearby allies by 2% for each enemy inflicted with Poision at the end of each turn. Boosted health can exceed max HP.

Innate Resistance: Resist Poison, Burn and Bleed
This character has innate resistance against Poison, Burn and Bleed.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Withering Seasons

• Destroys all Minions from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Deals 155% 260% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 672 560 Poision damage over 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies get +80% chance to dodge status ailments for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

11 Likes

Second good HoTM in a row, by now I’m half expecting them to change the rates or methods of getting HoTMs.
Minion removers are always good, passively resisting the 3 most common DoTs and that amazing element link make him really desirable.

4 Likes

Grimble removes 5x. Viselus removes 3x. Both are average. :thinking:

3 Likes

quite a big power gap between this hotm and Jan’s hotm. Is this so hotms can keep up with the power creep?

2 Likes

I have noticed this too.
I will ask Staff about it.

2 Likes

Not at all. This 1 will be outdated with the power leap by July

1 Like

Not impressed. Ogima and Alucard do it better faster

Grumble attacks five

And even Athos hits just one enemy but at VF

1 Like

True except HotM are much more easily obtainable compared to the heroes you mentioned. So if you don’t have other counters for minions, this will be helpful for some

5 Likes

Seems like the perfect hero to go suicide-mode against the new Abyss legendary in beta.

Indeed. It’s a point to consider

It might be useful for a lot of people in the current meta

This is dumb. Immune against dot, elemental link is dodge dot… Not too helpful if only green on the team.

2 Likes

This HOTM is not good at all lol.

2 Likes

Can we just get rid of this DoT crap and buff his direct damage from 155% to 280%?

The meta today is so fast and it is just way too long for opponent to take the full poison damage over 4 turns. Plus he is average mana speed… for this kind of crap specials… Really?

At a minimum, find a balance between direct damage and DoT - say 225% damage to 3 and then 380 poison damage over 2 turns.

1 Like

I’m unimpressed with this hero. Just more soul exchange fodder.

Are you serious?
The damage is lower than a 4 star hit 3 Heroes.
Seems like we have our lowest Hit 3 Hotm of all.
Is he going to be the worst HoTMs of the year (2023)?? But for sure he is one of the nominees
Will see…

2 Likes

After end of 2023 the dodge will be to all if 2 HOTMs in a team.

If you look at the passive, this DOT means +24% boosted health to all allies. Shortening Dot means decreasing the overheal from passive to 18%.
This one is not very powerful, but can be a useful support for certain situations. Not top, but also not another Klaern.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying… But his current 155% to 3 is a total joke, which makes this HoTM completely useless.

I did miss his overhealing over time part, but does not change my overall impression on this HoTM.

I hate these “does a bit of everything” HoTM. They usually sucks in pretty much all aspects.

Primary purpose is minion remover.
Secondary purpose are the rest.

Because Grimble (HOTM) was released in 2020. Very hard to get from ToL or HA10. Need bucket loads of luck.

Beyond that it’s Alucard, and it’s not that easy to get him too.

In comes this Feb 2023 HOTM to help fill the ranks of minion remover. At least Zynga/SGG can say that they did listen to players’ needs for more minion remover options. And shush players a bit.

This Greenie is 3x, matched to the 3x minion summoners.

Alucard is 5x, matched to 5x minion summoners.

EDIT: oh good golly… Alucard is 3x. But VF. :rofl::joy: wrong “colour” for blue tanks. In comes the green Feb hottie. Lol

5 Likes

Meaning - counter to M&M tanks

4 Likes

Looks suspiciously that way, doesn’t it ? Will come in handy for other 3x minion summoners.

1 Like