Introducing a totally scientific unit of measurement for hero power!

After reading innumerable threads about power levels of new heroes, OP things, power creep, et cetera, I’ve decided to take it upon myself to standardize measurement of power and impact a hero has, which would make more sense than the current number SGG puts on each hero that’s just their stats with some arithmetic hoohaa thrown in. Typical standard woes apply.

I present to you: 1 Quintus (1 Qt).

Our beloved Quintus does exactly one thing: 270% damage to everyone on a modest slow timer. He is the epitome of a unit reference.

So how do we convert everyone to Quintuses? Here’s the rundown on math.

1. We start with exactly 1 Quintus. It’s what he would’ve wanted.
  2. Attack stat. Take the hero’s attack, divide by Quintus’s impressive 757 base, raise it to the power of 1.3 for good measure, and multiply that by our initial 1 (or just take it as-is if you hate Quintus’s guts).
  3. Health and defense stat. Where we’re going, we don’t need health or defense. If you’re getting hit in modern day E&P, no base health or defense is going to save you. Just take whatever you got in the step above.
  4. Special damage. Take the percentage and divide by Quintus’s awe-inspiring 270%. Hits three? Divide by 5/3. Hits one? Divide by 5. It’s only fair. Multiply by whatever you got in the step above.
  5. Special buffs/debuffs. Meh. I guess, we can add 0.01 of a Quintus (centiquintus?) for every 10% of what it does and 0.1 Qt for every 1 turn of what it does.
  6. Adding or removing mana. +0.1 of a Quintus for every total 10% of mana added/removed. 20% to all 5? That’s a Quintus.
  7. Special speed. For every step the hero is faster than slow, multiply the whole thing by 1.4, just trust me on this one.
  8. Passives. Passives can’t hurt you, they don’t exist.
  9. Family bo- okay, I’ll stop right there. Too many variables spoils the math.

Now, let’s see this glorious Frankenmath in action:

A. Quintus. 1 Quintus = 1 Quintus.

B. Costumed Quintus. Believe it or not, 1 Quintus. Can’t fool me.

C. Costumed Guardian Panther. Oh boy, here we go.
(804/757)^1.3 = 1.08 Qt
280%/270% = 1.04, 1.08 x 1.04 = 1.123 Qt
64% dark def down = 0.064 Qt, 3 turns of def down = 0.3 Qt, 3 turns of buff immunity = 0.3 Qt. 1.123 + 0.064 + 0.3 + 0.3 = 1.787 Qt
Two steps faster speed: 1.787 x 1.4 x 1.4 = …
3.5 Qt
We’re reaching into megaquintus territory here, folks.

D. Ludwig. What an oddball, this. Doesn’t do damage. Surely he can’t be better than Quintus.
Attack/damage total: 0 Qt.

• He gives HOW MUCH MANA???

300% x 2 / 10% = 6 Qt
6 turns of taunt = 0.6 Qt, 84% special defense = 0.084 Qt, 6 turns of that = 0.6 Qt
0 + 6 + 0.6 + 0.084 + 0.6 = …
7.284 Qt
It’s OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!

So there you have it, a totally universal scientific scale to measure literally every hero in the game. Please, leave your thoughts below.

22 Likes

I like it! It reminded me of The Martian:

You know what? “Kilowatt-hour per sol” is a pain in the ■■■ to say. I’m gonna invent a new scientific unit name. One kilowatt-hour per sol is… it can be anything… um… I suck at this… I’ll call it a “pirate-ninja”.

How about epic and rare heroes? Maybe we should introduce another unit 1 Dw (1 Dawa)?
I really want to see a table including all heroes and showing their power in Quintuses! :laughing:

1 Like

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing, great way to start my day

I also love the

Bwahaha nice way to call out bias :slight_smile:

This might just become my life’s work.
In the meantime, I’m probably going to start adding Quintus math on every new hero they report on from Beta.

1 Like

Brilliant! You made my day! :rofl:

I like it. Have you found any 5* heroes with <1 Qt power?

1 Like

Oh I’ve just started the ELOQUENT (Eldente’s Laboratory Of Quintus Unit Evaluation, Not Trademarked), which is totally a real place and definitely not just me being bored out of my mind at work, so I didn’t have time to get into the nitty gritty of things yet. Though I do have a hunch:

Elkanen
(675/757)^1.3 = 0.86 Qt
(330%+165%+165%)/5x270% = 0.49, 0.86 x 0.49 = 0.42 Qt
Self-healing: …pfffft hahahahaha nice try. Fat 0 bonus.
0.42 x 1.4 x 1.4 = …
0.82 Qt

Also, how dare you imply Quintus is bad? He will have his revenge for this! As soon as he recovers from being disintegrated by a single Khufu special.

5 Likes

I don’t believe I implied he was bad, I just asked if your scientific evidence pointed to it

Anybody can measure Anne, Khufu and Gosek based on this? :laughing:

Ask and thou shalt receive.

1. Anna

Attack = 1.107 Qt
Special damage: I have no goddamn clue how her scaling works, so I just rounded the total damage to 5 heroes to 2000%. Sure feels like it. 1.64 Qt
Buff/debuff bonuses: 1.692 Qt
Speed difference: 2
Grand total: 6.533 Qt

1. Khufu

Attack = 1.065 Qt
Special damage: I just rolled the additional sand damage inside because it literally always applies. 2.37 Qt
Buff/debuff bonuses: 0.75 Qt
Grand total: 3.12 Qt
Just short of a Pi-Quintus. Shame.

1. Goseck

Attack = 1.09 Qt
Special damage: averaged to 525% per capita. 2.12Qt
Buff/debuff bonuses: 0.4 Qt
Grand total: 2.52 Qt

1 Like

Thank you. I thought both Khufu and Goseck will have bigger Grand Total :slight_smile:

If I am going to be entirely serious here for a split second here, the fact that we easily exceed 2 Quintuses on any of the heroes above is absolutely outrageous and indicates just how much out of touch the new hero number crunchers at SGG are. The math here is only 90% joke, and the remaining 10% make me want to cry.

I’d rather fight five Khufu-sized Quintuses than a Quintus-sized Khufu, if you catch my drift.

3 Likes

20 awesome characters!

Quintus´name already gives it away, you need 5 of him to make up a standard new hero, so every new hero should have a minimum of 5 Qt, which clearly shows that Khufu and Goseck need to be buffed to fast speed or better. They suck at less than 5 Qt!

2 Likes

Rush Attack pushes Goseck to 6.91 Qt performance, so you just might be on to something here. He’s still only very slightly better than baseline Anna.

1 Like

I’ve just run the math, and with some fair rounding, 1 Dw is almost exactly equal to 1/4 Qt.

Thought you should know, for science.

2 Likes

Oh this is fabulous. Made my morning:)

Brilliant. G.D Brilliant!

This is brilliant!

1/4 Qt is 1 cup, right? So Dawa is worth a cup…of coffee? Certainly not rum or whiskey. Coffee might be a stretch. My Father-in-law brought some Michelob Ultra Seltzers to the house the other day and Dawa is definitely more valuable than a cup of that!

4 Likes

Outstanding! Groundbreaking research!
This deserves a lot more attention.