šŸ¦øā€ā™‚ļø Matrera - 5* Ice / Blue from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Hero is released: Matrera

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Matrera, as well as your thoughts on Matrera.

Matrera

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Rogue
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 888 868 1631
4/90 1016 993 1866
Origin Family
Sanctuary of Gargoyles Gargoyle
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Heroā€™s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyleā€™s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 4 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Heretic Slayer
  • Deals 650% damage to the target.
  • If the target dies, the exceed damage is dealt to each nearby enemy.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -40% attack for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Gargoyle family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poision damage / Immune to Poision and Burn damage / Immune to Poision and Burn and Water damage

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is increased to 650% from 560%.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Gargoyle Heroes - Matrera [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Matrera ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Matrera.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Matrera and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Matrera worth summoning for?

• Would you use Matrera on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Matrera ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Matrera as an opponent?

• Would you give Matrera Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Matreraā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Matrera and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Matrera, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Matrera when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Matrera, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Matrera (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Matrera), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Matrera (post release)

:question: Is Matrera worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Matrera would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Matreraā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Matrera compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Matreraā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Matreraā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Matreraā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Matrera worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Matrera is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Matrera is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Matrera worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Matrera then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

650% damage nowā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

3 Likes

I like the artwork for this one

6 Likes

This hero doesnā€™t seem good at all. She is too slow to be a sniper and too weak as a average-speed hit-3. The ā€œIf the target diesā€ only adds restriction to hit-3. The excess damage could be so little, if the target has a lot of HP left before dead.

Any finishing hit on a hero will be a near 600% hit each on nearby heroesā€¦ situational but still very nice?

Ya, but she is average speed, there are a lot of average hit-3 blue heroes such as Frida. Better to kill 3 vs killing one in the middle and leaving the other two alive. In a sense, this hero does more handicap than goodā€¦

Hitting 3 all the time, every time is so much better to pair on offense. At fast speed too.

Since this hero will also have 4 alliesā€¦

Average speed should pan out very nicely
for timing, being charged-up with an enemy in the red, then delivering a coup de grĆ¢ce on the target and possibly another to itā€™s neighbor.

-40% attack could also be used strategically even on a full health Khufu getting ready hammer you.

Not a defensive heroā€¦

Most people donā€™t like conditional heroes, because of timing issues. I donā€™t think this oneā€™s design is so terrible to have efficiency problems like Myztero does. Anyone that does not have every single new Legendary should be able to make good use of this card, itā€™s a solid finisher.

Itā€™s nice to see balanced cards every now and then, that are not for the sole purpose of draining whales. Saying balanced lightly thereā€¦ with apologies for the Fenrir owners

3 Likes

In Beta her damage amount was lower, but I an others suggested it be bumped up to better utilize excess damage to nearby. Glad to see they listened.

While I understand where Noxi is coming from with hit-3 or AoE, Matrera is still a good hero. If you need to take out a full health hero she will do it at 650%. If you can work with the conditional and attack a low health hero she can potentially knock out 3 in one fell swoop, or 1 for sure and big damage on others.

I would be happy if I pulled her, yes she is no Anne or Jove, but not all heroes can be.

7 Likes

Me too. She reminds me of Demona for some reason. Maybe itā€™s because El Duque looks like Goliath and Arco looks like Hudson.

1 Like

None should be!
They donā€™t need to push new releases into the nerf zone to be lucrativeā€¦

The ridiculously OP money makers set a pace for the next portalā€¦

Then you get nerfs every month and players that complain when new releases donā€™t come with an auto-win passive

Her mechanic, while unique I think doesnā€™t warrant it to be average speed

1 Like

Bellerive is a monster in the 4 star world so Matrera is going to surprise people who get her and use her. Would love to own.

Anyone leveled this guy and has some feedback? Thinking about ascending him.

hit everyone with khufu then matrera. Donā€™t bother bringing anyone else.

Going to. Will take approx 3 weeks. First finishing Narcisa

Hereā€™s mine, I maxed & LB ā€¦so far, Iā€™m really liking her, sheā€™s not just a sniper, and often hits 3 due to her high attack snipe & special. I love her survivability with that gargoyle skin and sheā€™s a great hitter.

5 Likes

Update: Finally got her some more emblems and finished her up. Have been using her a lot lately and sheā€™s very good. I use her in war, raids, auto farming maps and for events. So far sheā€™s good in all areas.

5 Likes

Have you tried her on defense? Havenā€™t seen her in the wild much but Rogue class, attack down and a massive snipe seems like it would work.

1 Like

The problem is that every newly released hero has higher base stats than the hero before him and often increased percentage of special skill damage.
If they just released heroes with same values and higher stats, that would slow down the creep