đŸ§Ș Early Information on Round 2 of Fox Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v71]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on inital release of Round 2 of Fox heroes

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Fox Heroes

*There are a total of two (2) new heroes added to Beta for testing.

*The names of the new heroes are:

• Legendary: Ashen, Spiff

Fox Family: Family bonus is changed

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1/2 Heroes

• This hero summons 1/2 Sly Fox Minions with 2% health and 100% attack inherited from the hero.
  • Spy Fox Minion has 80% chance to dodge incoming attacks.
  • When Sly Fox Minion dodges, it steals the latest dispellable buff from the atracker, and gives it to its owner.
Old family bonus

Fox heroes summon a Sly Fox Minion for themselves at the start of the battle.

Sly Fox Minion has 2% health and 100% attack inherited from the hero. Sly Fox Minion has 80% chance to dodge incoming attacks.
When Sly Fox Minion dodges, it steals the lazest dispellable buff from the atracker, and gives it to its owner.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Ashen - The Silver-backed Fox
  • Spiff - The Royal Knight Fox

Ashen -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Ashen – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 1089

Attack: 1256
Defense: 1054
HP: 1639

Class: Cleric
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast
Family: Fox
Aether Power: Fiend Resist

Passive: Decreased Healing
All enemies get -50% healing.

Special Skill: Divine Light

• If the caster is recovering health:
    • Deals 460% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get lasting -50% attack,
  • Otherwise
    • All allies get lasting 200 health regeneration per turn.
    • All allies get lasting +50% attack.

Spiff -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Spiff – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 1089

Attack: 1192
Defense: 1141
HP: 1627

Class: Fighter
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Fast
Family: Fox
Aether Power: Attack Up

Passive: Decreased Healing
All enemies get -50% healing.

Special Skill: Fierce Pierce

• The caster gets lasting bypass for defensive buffs. (Defense buffs include counterattacks. This effect lasts until it is cleansed, replaced or removed.)
  • Deals 585% damage to the target.
  • The caster gets lasting +50% chance to dodge Special Skills. (This effect lasts until it is cleansed, replaced or removed.)

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• August, 11, 2024 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

I think there might be a damage piece missing for Spiff @PlayForFun (i.e. 550% to target)

1 Like

Thx, you are correc t the 585% damage to target was missing.

1 Like

Also, who’s casper ? :grin:

3 Likes

As I recall it is maybe some Ghost in a cartoon:
kép

I have fixed the typo to “caster”.

9 Likes

Darn, I can’t give your post TWO likes :rofl::+1::+1:

2 Likes

How long 'till we get lasting Taunt and Mindless?

1 Like

fast lasting recovery health and attack up 50% and next hit 460% to all and with 50% attack up will be :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

fast speed

1 Like

Definitely creating a Fox versus Owls setup.

Just waiting for the Ophidians (snakes) to arrive. :snake:

1 Like

What does the ‘lasting’ means?

Means it doesn’t have a duration so it never ends by itself. It can still be dispelled/cleansed/removed.

2 Likes

Is it sly fox or spy fox (or even shy fox
 Run, run, I won’t give in!)

It is Sly.

I have fixed this in the OP.

I think people went crazy about how OP the “permanent effects” from Fox heroes were when Rust/Whitefang got first released, but they aren’t as strong as people initially thought.

They dont stack with themselves, they reset after every time you cast the skill. And you are going to be casting the skill every few turns anyway. So a “permanent effect” isnt going to be much different to a 6-8 turn long effect in practice. And they are easily cleansed away

Its more of a benefit for Slow speed heroes like Rust, but realistically the battle is going to be decided a few turns after he fires anyway, so the “permanent” status doesn’t really matter.

(I’m not denying that Whitefang and Rust are strong heroes–, they just arent strong due to the effect being permanent. They would be equally strong if it just lasted for 6 turns instead)

The same applies to thesa heroes really. Gaining 200 health a turn forever isnt really much different in practice to “Gain 1200 health over 6 turns” or whatever. Its a decent effect but not broken.

Ashen does seem really strong/OP regardless though, 460% damage to all at fast speed is far too much, even if its conditional. I dont know if he will end up in the absolute top teams because it’s maybe a bit too fiddly to set up the effect reliably, but its still too much.

The old family bonus looks like the new family bonus. Am I missing something? Thanks!

I think now it has 2 Fox minion if there are 2 family members? Didn’t have that before?

I think initially it was 1 member = 1 fox with no effects, 2 members = 1 fox with added benefits.
New one is 1 member = 1 fox with benefits, 2 members = 2 foxes with benefits.