đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Event [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

I agree. As yesterday I was intrigued with this event, now I don’t care about it.
If I am able to complete the quest, I will summon as always Friar Tuck and Greymane.
They could at least add costumes for non-S1 heroes or something, so that if I pull Melia I can get her costume too.

8 Likes

it’s “free coins” event for me. Spending gems on it looks pointless .

8 Likes

He is not pullable :slight_smile: but yes, I agree I will use just the free Coins in this portal, but I would might even wait until at least the new 3 and 4 star heroes are in the portal.

7 Likes

Zynga /SGG will probably pad the Bonus Chest with “high value items” that come with low odds. To justify the increased price to 400 gems.

6 Likes

What? This is even worse! No Greymane for me, so 2x Friar Tuck!

3 Likes

About the bonus chest I am expecting similar content as the Black Friday or Solstice portal so Aethers, Emblems, Bundles, etc

Whales would might do 200 pulls to collect those.

Summons wasn’t 400 gems each.

If summon cost is increased, something should improve. Either improved odds or improved chest.

The odds in beta are not exciting. Now the chest is not exciting either.

2 Likes

Hmmm
not nearly as good as I thought it would be. Still way too many S1 and even the non-S1 are not very enticing.

And the event seems like hard work for little reward.

For going across the stages, are we allowed to use any hero an unlimited amount of times, or is it one and done like Tavern?

1 Like

I finished all 10 stages with the same 4* team without knowing the opponents.

So you can use a hero as many times as you want. And at the moment it’s not really hard.

10 Likes

@PlayForFun thanks putting details together!

How come there is no S3 legendary heroes on this portal?

1 Like

I checked the list of available heroes in this portal that is in Beta and I will not summon in it even with free coins. I have all rare and epic heroes (except Sumitomo) and I have 17 out of 26 legendary heroes. SG could make this portal really great, but it would be too player-friendly I guess.

1 Like

i fed up to hear S1 heroes ALWAYS still present :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

i think it is enough and get rid of S1 heroes completely from new portal

9 Likes

Why the increased cost in gems for summons in this portal? For example, 3400 gems for x10 pull here; but, in other portals a x10 costs 2600 or 3000 gems. Similar for x30 pull.

Single summon is 400 gems for this portal.

10 summons = 3400 gems (15% discount)

Zynga wants us to spend more.

I second this. They could add S2 and S3 heroes instead and then maybe it would justify that single pull is more expensive in this portal.
Who wants to pay extra 100 gems for another S1 hero?

8 Likes

I do not know, but I have not see any in the portal.

Costumes would help justify the increased gem cost. At least there would be another chance of getting the new 3 and 4 star costumes from Atlantis this way. For those of us who don’t pull much, that would be the only thing appealing about this portal. Otherwise, it’s just like ToL for me - use my free pulls, expect nothing, and maybe hope I luck into the HotM. As FTP, I would never save gems for months to pull in this garbage portal, but I’m sure it wasn’t designed with FTP in mind, like most features these days.

6 Likes

This is like Atlantis 2.0 where half the featured heroes are old heroes that take away from your chances to get the chase heroes.

1 Like

So some initial thoughts (this will all be based on me. Different playstyle/ desires may vary).

Positive:

1. Raid based. Raid and war are my favourite parts of the game and what keep me playing. Like that this is something different as opposed to another challenge or Tower event.

2. No items. I don’t farm anymore. I do what I can in AR for recruits and backpacks etc, but otherwise I can go a couple days without touching a map stage. No mats means I can keep my limited stock for alliance titans.

3. Mixed portal. Yes it still has some S1, but the free coins in here give me chances at something a little different.

Other:

1. Increased Gem cost. Not a huge issue for me as any gems I have nowadays are kept for BF/ Solstice. However I do get the wariness and hope this price increase won’t spread to other “premium portals”
4 Likes