šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Contest of Elements (Dark) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

I was targeting red because itā€™s the color where Iā€™m missing the most 3s and 4s. FTP donā€™t usually target 5s. But the special heroes in red - in case I did luck into one - were underwhelming as was the HotM, and Gefjon showed up in FS, meaning I would soon have another good red project, so I passed. Purple holds some appeal, as I still need a three-star purple healer (Para or Aderyn), and I really would like 4-star Sergei. Add in a (really, really small) chance at these monsters, and I think Iā€™m sold.

Thanks. I like to find a use for every hero, and I just knew Iā€™d end up with Balur after everyone said how bad he was. Considering Iā€™m legit using Thorne as a hitter in blue, maybe Balur could even be a step up for me!

the red Heal guy is one of the best healers you can get at the moment ( at least when you play for departed and do spend 400000 dollars every month)

1 Like

Really? I thought folks werenā€™t saying much about him, and I thought Phenexa or Hathor would be preferred, not that the odds of getting either of them are much better.

Yeah especially when compared to the blue COE heroes. Which I both got last time -_-ā€œ

Fiend dealing 250% damage is just ridiculous. I hope this is a typo :\

Will I get the bleed if I heal the find away with Garnet?

Not a typo.

I have just tried the Fiend and it deals 310-330 damage per turn to an Elizabeth at 4/85 with +20 emblems.

4 Likes

We now have Super Fiends. That only come with heroes from 400 gem portals.

300/350 gem portals feature Regular fiends.

Whatā€™s the likelihood of a beta nerf ?

he is faster than phenexa ā†’ he is better

with hathor i think cleaning is much better than status immunity - at least on offense!
but hathor got that mana boost plus overheal which might make her slightly better

1 Like

I donĀ“t understand why people go bonkers about them, like in most colors there is one good one and one not so good oneā€¦

The sniper is rather uninteresting. Snipers in general are the least interesting type of hero, unless they have some real big bonus. The fast speed is only on paper as she does zero damage at fast speed. Fast is already the slowest speed used at high end play and this one does nothing at all, you have to wait for the fiend to do some damage, which can be prevented by a healer, potentially turned into dot (even more waiting) just to be cleansed (if it doesnĀ“t happen in the same special). So really you get a very slow sniper and not even guaranteed damageā€¦

The slow one is an interesting hero, but he does zero damage and zero heal at this slow speed. So while he has a very interesting effect. I am not sure how powerful it will be. I would guess mainly a rush alternative to Alf, but given that just about anybody can have a LB2 Shrubbear, I am not sure I would replace Alf. At least Alf will kill the bear. while this guys does absolutely nothing at allā€¦

On offense, Griffex could be Ludwigā€™s best friend (as his flank). By the time Ludwigā€™s mana effect stops Ludwig should be close to cast his special again. And with Purple mono you can in theory destroy everything even without any purple tiles other than those you need to get started. Say Griffex + Ludwa + Alfrike + Lu Bu + Diaochan = RIP. :headstone:

Aconiaā€™s 250% damage fiend sounds broken, but she does literally nothing else, and to single target (more if yellow heroes are present and not targeted). Probably could be adjusted a bit down, but not on level of other fiends. Say 150% - 200% could be ok. But anyway hereā€™s when Arco and Esme come handy.

Both of these arenā€™t worth it. Always aim for the kill instead of DOT. As long opponents are alive, they can kill you in 1 turn in todayā€™s meta.

As for the slow mana-cut hero, useful in VF wars but people will still use Alfrike.

I think the super elemental heros are very interesting and useful. I think I am leaning towards the male 5* mana control hero even if he is a slow hero he can still be very useful. I like the heros that make things interesting :smirk:

Will Griffex give themself 15% or will they get no mana? Also maybe itā€™s me, but odd choice to have the dagger do bleed AFTER itā€™s been removed and not while itā€™s stabbing its owner.

Evil idea, make it reduce healing after itā€™s been destroyed. Bleed while itā€™s attached. :smirk:

1 Like

4 Griffex on a team with at least 12% mana regen each would create an infinite charging loop, with a free spot for an attacker.

1 Like

Good thinking. Sounds like an impending adjustment pre-release

1 Like

I didnā€™t see any answers to this question yet.

The answer is yes, anyone without priority cleanse should work. The cleanse has to come after the heal to get rid of both fiend and bleed in one shot. (So costume Rigard, with heal over time, wonā€™t work but regular Rigard, with heal then cleanse, does work.)

From my tests in beta, even a smaller heal is good enough. Milenaā€™s first charge removes both the fiend and the bleed just fine. And because it doesnā€™t take many tiles to charge her, anyone that has Milena will be able to deal with Aconia without breaking a sweat. And there are plenty of other counters, too.

Aconia is decent as an offensive hero, to bring against teams without healers or cleansers, but in my opinion not a good choice for a defense. While the fiend looks nasty because of the high damage it can dish out, as long as you get rid of it quickly, it isnā€™t a problem in practice.

1 Like

Well, any paramedic will tell you that if you see a stabbed preson, you should never remove the blade from the wound.

4 Likes

Yep. Think of getting a nail in a tyre - you will lose more air if you pull it out.

1 Like

Then it reduces healing while active!