šŸƒ Desmond ā€“ 5* Nature/ Green from Contest of Elements

New Contest of Elements (Nature) hero is released: Desmond

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Desmond, as well as your thoughts on Desmond.

Desmond

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1085 1050 1838
4/90 1242 1201 2103
Origin Family
Contest of Elements Super Elemental
Image Aether Power Description
boosted-regen Boosted Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 300 boosted health over 6 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Troop Mastery
Passive Skill as attacking character:
This heroā€™s Troops deal extra elemental damage against weaker element.
- Dealt extra elemental damage: +100%
Passive Skill as defending character:
This hero receives less elemental damage from Troops of stronger element.
- Received elemental damage: -10%
:dizzy: Special Skill: Jade Blades
  • Deals 480% damage to the enemies of the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy alive, the damage is doubled.
  • Boosts the casterā€™s and nearby alliesā€™ health by 20% of the damage dealt.
  • For each Ice enemy, the boosted health is 40% of the damage dealt to them.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation is silenced for 3 turns. Against Ice characters, this status effect becomes uncleasable and lasts 2 turns longer

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Super Elemental Family

Super Elemental family makes Mono teams even stronger.
This hero enhances Holy element.

• One or more shields are enhanced to Power Gems each turn.
  • The amount is same as Holy heroes in the team. 5 Power Gems per element can be on board at the same time.

The Power Gem deal 20 damage to a random enemy each turn until it is matched. When Power Gems are matched , they deal 10 damage to all enemies.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 1001 to 1007.
  • Defense is increased from 968 to 974.
  • Health is increased from 1689 to 1705.
  • Aether power is changed from Counterattack to Boosted Regen.
  • Damage is increased from 450% to 480%.
  • The duratuon of Silence is reduced from 4 turns to 3 turns.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 3 of Contest of Elements (Nature) Hero - Desmond [Part of The Beta Beat v62]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Desmond ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Desmond.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Desmond and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Desmond worth summoning for?

• Would you use Desmond on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Desmond ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Desmond as an opponent?

• Would you give Desmond Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Desmondā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Desmond and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Desmond, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Desmond when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Desmond, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Desmond (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Desmond), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Desmond (post release)

:question: Is Desmond worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Desmond would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Desmondā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Silencer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Desmond compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Desmondā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Desmondā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Desmondā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Desmond worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Desmond is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Desmond is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Desmond worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Desmond then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

He is ultimate destroyer of Kalo and mother north wings. Best friend being g cham, change them to blue and proceed to silence them, and boost a ton of his health along the way

2 Likes

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

I just pulled this one, looks at least interesting

1 Like

4 Likes

Ill never get this fella at .2%. Hopefully the covenant gods will finally stop hating me

So if not ice, it will only boost 20%.
One ice target will be 40%
Two ice will be 80%?

2 Likes

Maybe only Brits will get this reference, but it made me laugh so I dont care :yum::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really wanted Desmond. I donā€™t usually chase heroes, but I made an exception for him.

My favorite heroes are Jabberwock and Zenobia, who along with Quintin makes for a thoroughly enjoyable group. So Desmond is the exact sort of character I want to add to my roster. Toss in one of my holy health boosters, and Iā€™d have a stellar rainbow PvE team.

Also, Iā€™m sure heā€™d team up nicely with Ratatoskr on my green titan team.

Unfortunately it was not to be. And Iā€™ll admit it took some wind out of my sails. But, I knew it was a long shot, and I can save my super elemental coins for the next time heā€™s featured.

3 Likes

Just hope he comes to the Covenant portal like Quinn did.
Then try to pull him there.

2 Likes

Its on Covenant and I got him.

^^

5 Likes

Congratulations! I wouldnā€™t mind this one but shackle is more my speedā€¦
I was in awe of jabberbabywocky for ages :blush:

1 Like

helli mr anti-skywalker :smiley:

3 Likes

This was a strange few days of pulls for me. Overall pulled about 200 times over 3 different portals. I was chasing hathorā€™s costume, shacklebolt and the purple scorpion Xie zi Jing. While i didnā€™t get hathor or any purple heroes which i could really use, I pulled several greens. Desmond being one of them. 2 maā€™ats and the new green lunar qinglong. Looks like Iā€™ll be getting all the green mats that become available. Itā€™s crazy how this game just throws you the color you need the least :crazy_face:

3 Likes

OMG, thatā€™s so true! I have a ridiculous glut of purples, greens getting up there, run out of mats chronically, yellows now like a year behind par, blues way behind. Over a dozen scopes and darts, alchemyā€¦ Hopefullyā€¦ Plus of course the aethersā€¦

Pulled him just now, against the odds, weā€™ll seeā€¦

Looks like a good Kalo/MoNo counter at least :thinking: though not exactly what I wanted. But when is that ever the case?? Iā€™m just happy to get SOME 5* from this portal!

TBH Jade Blades made me think more about this guy:

3 Likes

And after I chased Desmond and failed, I dropped a mere handful of dunes coins and got Hathor and her costume. Shame we canā€™t trade! (Not that Hathor isnā€™t a boon to my roster.)

Does anyone here actually have him leveled, if so what do you think and where would you place him on the meta table?

I spent 1.2m ham trying to find one in raids and he seems decent, healed self and nearby for around 300 and dealt more damage than I expected to my wings, nearly half of their health iirc - his silence at 3 turns is a shame, should have been kept at 4 in beta.

1 Like

he seems to be ok

will be great against blue wings or a way you guarantee heā€™d hit blues

i got him too, not in a rush to level him unless i have good synergy options with him on attack (attack boost or special skill boost, etc)