Defence Team Opinion Needed

I think Wolf gets the nod as a top tier tank due to unfamiliarity. I’d run with that. I know I have no idea how to deal with him.

Good board all tanks die, bad board all tanks win. It’s which tank performs best against average boards.

2 Likes

I tend to look at potential tanks under several criteria:

• Durable. More lines hit the tank than anyone else, they’ve got to be tough enough to stand up to that, preferably until after flanks fire.
  • Scary. You want to encourage enemies to build their attack around defeating the tank fast, this allows you to predict expected attackers and build the rest of the defence around that.
  • Punish bad boards… Every defence can and will be beaten - but with stacking ruling strong, you need your tank to punish attackers who get a bad board. It’s playing the percentages - if your team punishes encourages heavy stacking then it increases the odds of bad boards, if it wins far more than it loses against bad boards then you’ll be on a decent % of wins. IF the board is bad and attackers still win then the team is garbage and the tank particularly so.

Think of agreed upon stellar tanks and you’ll see what I mean…
Kunch is durable. Kunch digs in if he fires, so he needs to be stacked against to kill before he fires. If you get a bad board, Kunch will drop your defence and his flanks/wings will do good damage.

Boss is way up there among the very most durable cards in the game (only BK beats him on the (2*Def)+hp rule, IIRC).
If boss fires you’re in hell… But at very slow, he’s often underestimated and not always stacked as heavily as he should be.
If you get a bad board against boss and he fires you’re in big trouble, especially if his teammates do serious damage.

Make no mistake, Boss is a serious tank.

2 Likes

Haha that’s classic! I will be sure to send some love back once I have my next raid chest up :wink:

2 Likes

Really good feedback and yes he has held up better then any other tank I own, such as GM, Aegir among others. Mainly why I am running mana troops on him, at mana 24 now but at 29 hopefully it will get him cracking the whip earlier

2 Likes

I’m certain of it, and with luck like that I deserve it lol :joy::joy::joy::exploding_head:

2 Likes

I agree magnis SS is getting wasted by 1/3 on a wing spot, however zeline is far more effective on flank. I find versing teams with her on flank she can be a pain in the butt but on wing I don’t find her that troublesome.

Really what I need is a better blue hitter that suits wing, Alice or Finley…(druel)

2 Likes

Revenge done, until we meet again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aye… Magni hits nice, but there are better blue snipers for wings (especially Alice, Finley, Alasie).

Oh, sorry, Alice in my defense waiting for you :joy::joy::joy:

Don’t worry I saw :wink:

1 Like

If your on Line mate hit me up if u want. ID is Tofuturkey

I’m not, would if I was :+1::+1:

I prefer A. Boss Wolf is a boss and you’ve got a couple of the best flanks for him imo in Drake and Zeline. Your setup looks fantastic. They have to worry about cleansing Boss Wolf’s mana down, Drake’s blind AND Zeline’s ATT down while also having to worry about dispelling riposte. It’s a tall order.

Make sure you put a crit troop on Boss Wolf though.

Here’s mine

Thanks man! Sadly my crit is only at 5 as it showed up a little late , but I do somewhat think there is an advantage of having mana troops on BW too.

Hopefully I can start working on the crit troops for him though:)

That said, I do see why u run your Ariel to the left , with her mana boost too to hopefully get wolfy up.and running, I may try that myself

Not only that, magni on flank would charge right before or fight after grave and kill an attacking hero.

Your defense line-up would benefit from zeline wing more than others, it is a contingency issue. Just my two cents. Great defense team either way