Darts: Joon (and costume), Rana, or Leo?

Hi all,

Now that I have 5 Darts, I would like to start getting insights on this. I’ve seen similar questions, but of course I would like to get insights specific to my situation.

TC20 has been very kind to me lately, spitting out Isarnia, Kadilen, Sartana, Leonidas, Marjana and Joon in the last couple months! And I also pulled Joon’s costume, so am happily leveling him up now (I stopped Leo to work on Joon).

So, I’m already leaning towards ascending Joon over Rana and Leo, obviously. But while I’m feeding Joon, I’d like to get opinions, as I’ve found the forums very insightful. I’m not really considering Leo, but I think a case may be made for Rana (the only other hero I have who messes with enemy healing is Valeria at 3/60).

Yellow is by far my weakest color, in terms of number AND quality of heroes, so my recent luck with Leo and Joon has me very eager to max my next 5*.

Priorities: Titans (my alliance has started graduating from 4* to 5* Titans); War/Raids (both offense). I’m already done with Season 2 hard, and I am able to complete all Class Quests.

Current 4* and 5* Yellows:

• Inari +3
  • Li Xiu +15
  • Chao +3
  • Rana 3/70
  • Leonidas 3/5 (paused to work on Joon)
  • Joon 1/7 (current project)
  • Joon’s costume 1/1 (will work on after Joon)
  • Duplicate Chao 1/1

Priorities : Titans, War, Raid offense.

Titans:

My alliance is small and we’re only up to 4* Titans, though starting to get some 5s. We can’t consistently beat the 4s yet though, so I’m prioritizing improving my Titan scores.

For Purple Titans: Currently use Grimm for defense debuff (might dump for Isarnia if I ascend her), then my 4 trained yellows: Li Xiu, Inari, Chao, Rana. I think Joon will be the most useful though, over Leo and Rana; as Joon has the highest tile damage (and I already have his costume!). Leo’s mana cut is useful, but Li and Chao have that covered. Rana’s DOT is a nice bonus but does not add THAT much damage in the end.

Raids / Wars:

I usually run 3/2 on raids/wars. Inari, Li and Chao are my default team simply because they’re the maxed. I often drop Li for Rana in field aid wars. Haven’t really played around with Leo yet, but I can see him and Chao making a good mana cut duo. But I think Joon will improve my offense the most, as I don’t have a “true” Yellow sniper yet. Plus, fast mana!

Rana’s heal block is nice though, and I would love to take her along against all those Kunchen tanks running around. But if I have Joon, maybe Rana won’t be needed…

My full 4* / 5* roster:

1. Yellow
  • Inari +3
  • Li Xiu +15
  • Chao +3
  • Rana 3/70
  • Leonidas 3/5 (paused to work on Joon)
  • Joon 1/7 (current project)
  • Joon’s costume 1/1 (will work on after Joon)
  • Duplicate Chao 1/1
  1. Purple:
  • Seshat +4
  • Proteus +19
  • 2nd Proteus +3
  • Sabina +18
  • Aeron 4/76 (current project)
  • Domitia 3/70
  • Sartana 2/8 (will bring to 3/70 after Aeron is done)
  • Cyprian 3/60 (next in queue after Sartana, but may do dupe Sabina first)
  • 2nd Sabina 1/23 (may ascend over Cyprian)
  • 3rd Sabina 1/1
  1. Green
  • Margaret +1
  • Skittleskull +3
  • Jack O’Hare +9
  • Melendor +7
  • Gadeirus +1
  • Caedmon 2/47 (current project)
  • Gregorion 3/70
  • Kadilen 2/5 (will continue after Caedmon, at least to 3/70)
  • Kashhrek 3/60 (not sure if I will ascend, maybe if I have no other Green projects)
  • Gobbler 1/1
  1. Red
  • Marjana 1/1 (high priority, will do after finishing Kelile who is almost maxed)
  • Sir Lancelot +14
  • Gormek +9
  • Boldtusk +9
  • Scarlett +9
  • 2nd Boldtusk +1
  • Colen +2
  • Kelile 4/58 (current project)
  • 2nd Gormek 3/60 (will probably not ascend)
  • 3rd Boldtusk, 2nd Scarlett, 2nd Colen all 1/1
  1. Blue
  • Lepus +4
  • Aegir 3/70 (will ascend either Aegir or Isarnia, just need one more Warm Cape)
  • Isarnia 3/70 (will ascend either Aegir or Isarnia, just need one more Warm Cape)
  • Kiril +7
  • Grimm +13
  • Triton +6
  • Sonya +14
  • Valeria 3/60 (next to ascend after either Isarnia or Aegir)
  • Boril 3/60 (not sure if I will ascend)
  • Agwe 3/60 (not sure if I will ascend)
  • Duplicates of Sonya, Grimm and Valeria all at 1/1

thanks in advance :smile:

Based on your title. JOON!

2 Likes

Joon is arguably the best of those three, even before factoring the costume. Rana was my first holy 5* and she is good, but clearly falls short of Joon against Titans where her tile damage lags behind him and her special doesn’t bring much to the table. Joon is a bit squishy, but against the titans you are facing that won’t be a real concern and his blind will mitigate some titan damage anyway.

2 Likes

Joon without the slightest hesitation :+1:

2 Likes

Rana would be a good choice if you need a tank, but you have Aegir. I would put her slightly above him, but yellow tanks are currently becoming out of favor (for wars at least).

I want you to look at Joon’s and Leo’s maxed cards. You will see that strictly by the numbers that Joon beats Leo when it comes to damage and utility per matched gem. Leo has his place, but you will find Joon much more usable till you get more mats for Leo.

1 Like

thanks everyone! it looks like a 100% consensus so far :slight_smile:

How did you go on this?

hey @SamMe ! I went with Joon and costume… he dramatically improved my offense, and is also my Yellow of choice on Defense until now (he’s tucked in the wing).

then when I got my next set of Darts, Rana got ascended. Malosi came next. (Inari was my first Yellow 5* before Joon). Together with Lady Wooly, they make an awesome mono Yellow attack team.

Now I’m nearing 11 Darts and might do a 2nd Joon already for War and Ninja Tower depth…

Poor Leo is still languishing, though if I do get his costume, he will go next. So I’ll wait until the next costume chamber to see how things go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rana is great against fighter heavy teams :+1:

1 Like

yup, and against healer heavy ones. Rana is my go-to when I need to stop a pesky Kingston or Panther.

and Joon’s blind and Inari’s dodge combo extremely well against hitters, I’ve had AoEs fire without hitting my ENTIRE party :slight_smile: sorry Killhare!

1 Like

@sleepyhead Such a nice mono yellow team. :smile:

I went a bit crazy, and maxed Joon #3 when I got Jackal last year. Luckily I got Joon’s costume.

At least two of my three Joons see action every war. And it’s more fun having two Joons for Pirates and now Villans Legendary.

I also use two Joons on my titan team (Jackal, C-Joon, Viv, C-Joon, Wu Kong).

I finally got Leo from HA10 last month. As much as I’d like some variety, I don’t think I can justify maxing Leo without his costume. Good luck to both of us! :four_leaf_clover::sweat_smile:

1 Like

thanks @SamMe :slight_smile: got lucky with my Yellows, I have more non-vanilla Yellow 5*s than in any other color.

3 Joons are great! definitely see the value in having two maxed Joons along against bosses!

I have the same opinion re Leo, without costume he’s just decent, with costume he’s great :slight_smile: may RNG be kind to us!

1 Like