🤺 D’Artagnan – 5* Fire / Red from Brave Musketeers

New Brave Musketeers hero is released: D’Artagnan

This thread is for discussing strategy related to D’Artagnan, as well as your thoughts on D’Artagnan.

D’Artagnan

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Paladin
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 934 899 1665
4/90 1069 1028 1905
Origin Family
Brave Musketeers Musketeer
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage on Special Skill and Cover Damage
When this character receives damage from Special Skills or in place of a character in Cover, there’s a 60% chance of deal 20% of the received damage on all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Flaming Rapier
  • Deals 470% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 1065 Burn damage over 3 turns. This effect spreads to nearby enemies.
  • Caster regenerates 459 HP over 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2023

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Passive change:

• Dealt damage is changed to 20% from 25%.

Family bonus change:

• The taken damage is change to 90% / 80% / 70% from 50% / 25% / 10%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Brave Musketeers Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of D’Artagnan ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on D’Artagnan.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to D’Artagnan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is D’Artagnan worth summoning for?

• Would you use D’Artagnan on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with D’Artagnan ?

• What heroes would you take when facing D’Artagnan as an opponent?

• Would you give D’Artagnan Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of D’Artagnan’s character design?

• If you Summoned D’Artagnan and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned D’Artagnan, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of D’Artagnan when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about D’Artagnan, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving D’Artagnan (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving D’Artagnan), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - D’Artagnan (post release)

:question: Is D’Artagnan worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of D’Artagnan would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think D’Artagnan’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of D’Artagnan compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does D’Artagnan’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match D’Artagnan’s Base Stats?

Note this means D’Artagnan’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is D’Artagnan worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think D’Artagnan is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think D’Artagnan is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is D’Artagnan worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem D’Artagnan then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

The fast rayne, one of the heroes to counter Queen Anne. Rayne as well

2 Likes

I like this guy…the queen is my love but …this guy is very nice

1 Like

He seems to be the fire Rayne. It must be interesting

2 Likes

Is he a better Rayne? Not hearing much feedback or thoughts about this hero yet so I’m quite curious :thinking:

1 Like

Pulled him and will try him with Rayne and Matilda for som DOT Mayhem.

2 Likes

Please give us feedback about this. It might be a torture for the opponents without a cleanser

By the way, 1002 burn damage over 3 turns is just like 334/turn

Very impressive

How does the spread work? if the Burn DOT lasts three turns, assuming the target wass the tank, will the burn affect the tank for three turns, flanks for two and wings for one?

1 Like

Just like Rayne he needs his direct damage cut and fire damage buffed to 4 turns. And attack stat dropped in favor of defense stat. Too often 500% will outright kill the enemy and you don’t get the burn. But after fire if he covers it is like a kamakaze pilot, he’s basically self-suiciding. That cover damage % needs to drop to near beta levels (50/30/10%) instead of (90/80/70%).

He is good as an off-color or 2/2/1, rainbow type team where you want fast but powerful specials and having the tank special fire isn’t going to kill your team.

2 Likes

That is correct. The duration is not reset upon each successive spread

Remember the preview takes the left path only, so it’s actually missing one atk node. Final damage should be 1005 or thereabouts.

And remember you have to factor in troops too. Lv 30 mana troop gives +26% atk, so that 1002 becomes 1262 burn damage or 420 per turn! :scream:

1 Like

Lucky pulls today - now I just need to level them :crazy_face:

Shouldn’t I take D’Artagnan defense / HP path for his cover bonus and paladin passive defense talent? His attack is already so high.

5 Likes

For anyanyone curious, full atk path stats at LB+20.

1020 (!!) burn damage at fast is seriously no joke!

5 Likes

They are suicidal machine, I would recommend def/health. As soon he fires, he may cover someone’s back and take almost all damage from the covered one. When AOE fires against you, he will die very fast.
Happy gaming

1 Like

you wrote all the details of D’ARTAGNAN in the letter, but not in the event and I don’t know what is the name of his ewspecial skill in the event and what his same skill does in the event, can you help me with this detail?

So if a musketeer has cover active and the enemy fires a multi-hit, they take damage twice? Either way 90% is a curse indeed.

1 Like

I got him from a low level of pull’s. Saving my budget for costume portal (there are some I still really want…irrationally)

I already have a super crazy strong Red kill team and I’m contemplating how he would slot in.

Be an interesting headache

Reminding this for everyone:

From SG themselves in their Balancing FAQ:

2 Likes