Costumed Horghall (Secondary Costume) - 5* Nature / Green from Season 1

New Season 1 Secondary Costume is released: Costumed Horghall

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Horghall, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Horghall.

Costumed Horghall

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Wizard
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Costume Chamber Classic
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Anger of the Woods
  • Deals 260% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -31% attack, and a further 4% decrease any time they are hit during 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -24% defense for 4 turns.
  • All enemies receive 212 Poision damage over 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Classic Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Horghall from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Horghall ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Horghall.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Horghall and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Horghall worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Horghall on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Horghall ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Horghall as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Horghall Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Horghall’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Horghall and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Horghall, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Horghall when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Horghall, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Horghall (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Horghall), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Horghall (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Horghall worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Horghall would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Horghall’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Debuffer
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Horghall compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Horghall’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Horghall’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Horghall’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Horghall is better ?

• Normal Horghall
  • Costumed Horghall (Old Costume)
  • Costumed Horghall (Secondary Costume)

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Horghall worth giving Druid Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Horghall is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Horghall is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Horghall worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Horghall then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I think the biggest problem with the second costume is that it is only useful in vf wars/tourneys when attacking.

In vf defenses we already have an abundance of used greens with Mother North, Alberich, Heimdahl and Kalo.

On normal defense he is easily countered by red ailment blockers like Grazul, Vanda or Garnet, who are also all very fast, so always in time to block him.

And on normal attack his ailments just come to late and are also pretty weak.

2 Likes

It’s impressive to see that 2 costumes and still not a hero anybody will go for…
Pretty hard hero to make it better, or at least a pittyfull attempt again.

1 Like

@PlayForFun : copy/paste error in the Title, Horghall is Nature / Green.

1 Like

Thanks, I have fixed the title.

1 Like

Poor horghall. Sounds like he’s forever cursed to be the worst legendary hero in the game. He scored that 3x. Even the costumes are bad.

This one is a mess. Not totally unusable, but not worthy.

1 Like

This is definitely the best version of groot, and I really like the artwork. I would take this Horgall costume over my Atomos

3 Likes

Gotcha.

Also have first costume from Chamber, so now I can get twice costume bonus. Base Horghall with Superior Talent is quite hard to kill lately, what with 25% HP minion that has 45% chance to spawn after taking damage that turn and Horghall’s astronomical HP. 2x costume bonus, LB, +20 can be nasty.

4 Likes

Poor ole’ Horghall, no respect I tell you.

I just pulled him with second costume from HA10. Definitely worth a look.

None of which I have. I do have LotL though so not likely he’ll replace her.

1 Like

Wow. Today’s tourney (Rush Attack) was a disaster. I shouldn’t have used a taunter. 2nd Costumed Horghall’s Superior Jinx made my Costumed Black Knight an idiot. Should have used Alfrike, Miki or Hel.

Superior Jinx (special skill)

Superior Jinx (slash attack)

1 Like

Just pulled him from HA10, so I’m only going to have one costume bonus, but here’s his full 2LB stats for reference.

I do like his art, but I’m afraid that may be his best quality. He and Justice’s costume (my last HA10 new hero) will both probably get leveled.

3 Likes

I’ve taken on teams with Horghall in Rush and assumed he’d be a pushover, but everytime he fired a second or 3rd time he’d destroy me. I think he shines in Rush and is difficult to kill with his chunky defence and HP.

2 Likes

Has Horghall’s toon costume come out yet? If so, please send the link. Thanks in advance! :wink:

No toon costume yet for Horghall either.

1 Like