🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Challenge Event Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Round 5 of costumes for Challange Event heroes heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 2 new Costumes being tested in v60.

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Queen of Hearts – Benefactor of Wonderland
Queen of Hearts — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Queen of Hearts

Costume Queen of Hearts — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 826

Attack: 630
Defense: 838
HP: 1757

Class: Cleric
Family: Wonderland
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average
Aether Power: Special Armor

Special Skill: Loving Queen

• Deals 200% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Playing Card Minion with 25% HP and 40% attack inherited from the caster.
  • When summoned, the Playing Card Minion gives Taunt for its owner as long as the owner has Playing Card minions. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • The caster gets +74% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns.

4 :star: — Epic Costumes

• Cheshire Cat - Malicious Kitty Cat

Cheshire Cat — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Cheshire Cat

Costume Cheshire Cat — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 670

Attack: 735
Defense: 632
HP: 1081

Class: Rogue
Family: Wonderland
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Dodge

Special Skill: Razor Smile

• Rearranges the enemy positions randomly.
  • All Holy enemies get -34% defense for 4 turns.
  • All enemies receive 364 Bleed damage over 4 turns.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

Stat Epic Challenge Event Hero CB Legendary Challenge Event Hero CB
Attack 3% 7%
Defence 3% 7%
HP 6% 13%
Mana 1% 5%

NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes have the same family as the original hero.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

10 August 2023

New costumes arrived to Beta.

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

@PlayForFun , I assume this is meant to be -44%, as with the base version.

Also, how boring is this costume? Just change the type of DoT from poison to bleed, increase the amount, and make it cleansable.

1 Like

Thx, for noticing it, but unfortunatelly it is just 34%.

2 Likes

Oh, wow! So they actually made it worse? C. Cat’s best use case was against yellow titans for the higher def down at fast speed. Looks like this one is only good for the costume bonus to the base hero. Thanks for the clarification.

4 Likes

The very tiniest of errors under Costume Bonus…

Should be Challenge.

@Noble_Weasel Looks like they really pushed the boat out on this one :wink:

2 Likes

Thx, I have fixed it.

Also about the costume bonuses. I have asked Staff about that are these number are correct or not.
I believe other than the 5% mana bonus for legendary costume the rest of the numbers are incorrect

2 Likes

Another small typo - both are Wonderland family (not Grimforest). Same issue on the Tweedles thread.

Neither worth chasing for…CF1 seems to be getting worse before it gets better!

3 Likes

Thx, this has been fixed too here and there too.

I forgot to change this after I copied it from the Grimforest topic :smiley:

Terrible. I hope don’t draw this hero because I can’t use the inferior costume as food

Note: the costume bonus in the current Beta for Challenge event costumes still matches the thread information. Updates released yesterday will probably be released for live game:

Stat Epic Challenge Event Hero CB Legendary Challenge Event Hero CB
Attack 3% → 5% 7% → 17%
Defence 3% → 5% 7% → 17%
HP 6% → 10% 13% → 30%
Mana 1% → 5% 5%
4 Likes

Once Staff confirm these, I will update the OP.

Chesire Cat is technically a “change,” but ew. Similarly, QoH reads like this coulda been a balance update instead.

I have received answer from Staff.
The Legendary costume bonus will be fixed too match with the balance update.

About Epic costume bonus:
The stated costume bonus is the correct one, and G. Jackal’s costume bonus will be most likely “fixed” to have that too.

Exact answer:

kép

1 Like

I wish they adjusted ALL 4* costumes to 5 % Att/Def, 10 % Life, 5 % Mana…
With the release of all those new 900+ TP 5* heroes and the latest adjustments to S3/S4/event 5* costumes, epic heroes have fallen very far behind, regardless if S1, S5 if costumed or not (double-costumes might be the only exception)

FYI Merlin’s CB is also 5/5/10/5 in live game.

I despise that they are not allowing non S1 CB mana speeds to reach 6-tile limits. It makes 3* and 4* rush tournaments and absolute bloodbath against 2nd LB’d defenses.

My guess is that, from SGG’s perspective, that’s a feature, not a bug. If four-stars fall so far behind as to be non-competitive, you have to summon for five-stars or settle for being a second-class player.

1 Like

Widening the gap between 4* and 5* was one of the true objectives of the big balance update (not that they’ll say this up front). I’m guessing if Zynga had taken the game way sooner, 3* and 4* tournaments wouldn’t even exist, as the norm in gacha games is that 3* and 4* are just a stepping stone for early game progression and kind of a noob trap.

Now we get the worst of both worlds, where we need to keep a 3* and 4* roster, but they don’t want us to use them for general purpose.

1 Like

Jackal now has 5-5-10-5

The 4* bonus for festival costumes was very clearly matched to the original S1 bonus intentionally, they’re backtracking now as part of their unbalance agenda.

1 Like