Costume bonus in vfast wars

In vfast wars/tourneys, if a hero has costume bonus, does he still need lvl 11 mana troop to charge in 6 tiles?

Or a lower level mana troop can be used?

For very fast heroes, you need 9% mana bonus to charge in 6 tiles. With the 5% costume bonus, you just need another 4% so any mana troop will do.

If the hero has a 4% mana emblem node as well (Sorcerer, Druid, Monk), then you don’t need a mana troop at all.

4 Likes

I should add that in wars, you will put the strongest mana troop on anyway unless you are not running a rainbow defense and need to decide which troop to put on which hero.

Also, using mana troops instead of crit or ninja will reduce the points your opponents get for killing your team

Tks for the detailed advice!

Gd to know that costume bonus still applies

Trying to see how many sets of mana troop lvl 11 to raise for vfast wars
I guess 2 sets of lvl 11 and above for each colour would be gd

I made a video about this a while back, hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It depends on your raid style I guess. 2-1-1-1 or 3-1-1 is usually safer for Rush. So yeah, having 2 sets for non-costumed heroes is good.

1 Like

In very fast wars and tourneys, all heroes, regardless of their original mana generation speed, generate mana as if they are very fast heroes. Thus, all heroes during this war or raid tourney modifier, charge their mana bar in 6.5 tiles. But if any hero is supported by a level 11 mana troop, a tile requirement is shaved, thus charging in 5.5 tiles. If the hero has maxed costume bonus or opting for the mana bonus node from the talent tree, or both, the mana troop level requirement to fire in 5.5 tiles is lowered from a level 11 or below. What’s important is that the hero should have approximately 9% total mana bonus from mana troop, talent and/or costume bonus for them to fire in 5.5 tiles during very fast events.

1 Like

I usually do 3-1-1 or 3-2 depending on the defense. 2-1-1-1 while safer on paper can sometimes be worse, because depending on your team you may now have to match 3 or more colors to get a kill shot. 3-1-1 strikes the best balance between not going too far with stacking but still having enough power to punch a hole right through the tank.

You actually only shave 0.5 tile off with a lv 11 mana troop. To go from 6.5 to 5.5 tiles you need a whooping 19% mana bonus, which is only achievable with a lv 29 troop AND either a costume bonus OR a +20 druid/monk/sorcerer.