Any justification for mana node on fast heroes?

It seems like 2% with regard to fast heroes is pointless, no? Does that number even contribute meaningfully when ghosting tiles?

If I’m correct, it seems it only allows use of level 23 mana troop instead of 29 to charge with 7, but mine are at 11 so it’s hard to justify this route thinking that far ahead.

Hope this helps,
IMG_0870

1 Like

Pretty much it’s just for using a level 23 mana troop over a level 29 mana troop.

1 Like

For Costume Sonya or Tyrum (fast hero), adding the 2% to the 5% costume bonus would improve their defense speed in 3* and 4* Tournaments (no mana troop allowed), because I think it’s 7% required to reduce the number of tiles absorbed to fully charge mana?

That’s all I can think of.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :pirate_flag: Marie-Thérèse – 5* Dark/Purple from Pirates of Corellia

Hey, Mr. Spock!

I wanted to ask the same question now, but I came over this old topic. So, after more than a year, do you think that 2% mana node (8th talent node) is worth it? I just skipped it for Frigg for extra health, as my troop is level 11 and I don’t foresee to use it soon.

I don’t think it’s worth it for fast heroes. I’ve used it on multiple average heroes though so they only need a 17 troop (or 11 depending on if 2% or 4%)

1 Like

I can’t believe there’s not a real answer to this,
Yes there is many advantages to the 2% mana node for fast heroes.

1. in Vfast wars/tournaments reduces the mana troop to 5 to go from 7 to 6 tiles
  2. on defense it reduces 16 to 15 with a level 1 mana troop
  3. Costume heroes only need a level 11 mana troop
  4. for both offense and defense reduces the mana troop from 29 to 23

for the 4% node
mana troop 17 will trigger the break on both offense and defense

Plus we never know what the future holds in terms of other mana bonuses and what specials your heroes have in terms of mana speed. Plus it can help when heroes get negative mana effects on them.

Speed is king in this game. Never pass up on speed

7 Likes

This is a match-3 game, going from 8 to 7 tiles isn’t significantly game changing the way that 10 to 9 or 6.5 to 6 are. Plus unless you have the emblems and/or troops to support multiple fast heroes going off in 7 tiles, you’re still going to run into a situation where you only have one hero charged, and that hero alone won’t make much of a difference unless the other support heroes also come online.

2/4% mana boost is such a negligible amount it isn’t going to counter any negative mana effects, which start at -24% (thte villain heroes do something different and have a lower threshold I believe).

3 Likes

I know it’s kinda a necro topic, but some recent HOTM are more worthy of getting to 7 tiles than other heroes. For Example Frosth at 7 tiles will give 2 tiles of mana to all of your blue heroes after 4 turns. So your other fast heroes will be charged in 2 turns and your average with mana boost to 9 tiles will be charge 2 after. Definitely worth the mana node if you don’t have a level 29 mana troop.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies! It seems that like most things in this game, “it depends” :)) But you game me some valuable perspectives to take into consideration :pray:

There isn’t a real answer because everyone plays different, I stopped Kingston at 15 as I have other fighters I’d like to emblem. Does Kingston really need that mana node.
Same with areil 18 I have a few cleric, I wanna put emblems on. Same with jabberwok…
Maybe down the line I’ll emblem them more.

2 Likes

and those decisions I agree with 100%. my point was which path to take mana or no mana, and I believe mana is usually the better option. But the question was is there a point? and yes there is a point, whether that point makes sense for you and how you play is a whole different story.

2 Likes

Bumping this to revist based on today’s troops and mana bonuses.

I always got for the mana nodes…

@The_Seeker what do you think of this now?

Considering the fact that for some fast heroes (e.g. Lewena) I prefer to use a Ninja troop, the mana node does not help a lot necessarily. Plus it depends on how you distribute emblems between heroes. I have only a handful of heroes with +19 or +20, so for most heroes I don’t get even get to choose the mana node at +19 or +20.

Another factor is that even though I got magic or Styx troops (except for Fire), it’s not easy to get them to the appropriate level to fire fast heroes in fast tiles, because I lack feeders. My priorities when levelling troops have been to have one mana troop at level 23, another mana troop at level 11 and now I am working on maxing one magic or Styx troops in every colour. But considering my current speed in getting troop feeders, I expect that at least one more year will pass until I will manage to do this.

For fast heroes I take into consideration also their stats (if they have a low defense, I might choose defense or health for survivability).

I also have a lot of reset emblems, so my thinking is that whenever I would need the mana node, I can always do a reset. But most probably the hero will become outdated by then :smiley:

Tldr: I only prioritize the mana node for the average heroes. For the rest I have a wide variety of approaches that depends on the above mentioned factors :slight_smile:

1 Like

One extra point here. I noticed lately with so many sorcerers and also the new special talents for S1 heroes that the delay and mana slow becomes more and more common.

So a new justification is the prevention of the mana generation slow cast by opponents

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
I am actually questioning this while embeleming Lewena!

I will skip this mana node for now. My mana troop is lvl 11 and I also have tens of reset emblems for when needed later on.

One justification I can see is if you use a team with multiple fast heroes but don’t have enough troops to support all of them firing in 7 tiles, the 2% mana bonus allows you to use a lv 23 troop and still get a fast hero to fire in 7 tiles.

Though personally, I never go for the mana node unless it’s node 19, in which case I’m not sacrificing any stats gain and the very occasional 7 tile match (dragon bomb+match 3) means I can fire two fast heroes at the same time and potentially change the outcome.

1 Like

So I own a fully maxed Waddles.

I usually give him a level 25 mana troop, and I also selected the mana talent node for him: I noticed he charges in 7 tiles (just like my costume Gefjon, although she only needs a level 21 mana troop, probably due to the costume bonus…).

I have not done the maths, but that’s a win to me!

2 Likes