šŸŽ­ Cel - 5* Ice / Blue from Carnival of Gods

New Masked God hero is released: Cel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Cel, as well as your thoughts on Cel.

Cel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Druid
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 943 976 1913
4/90 1079 1117 2189
Origin Family
Carnival of Gods Masked God
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Minion Death
This character is cleansed of status ailments when Minion owned by them is destroyed.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Defense Ailments
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect defense. Applies also to status ailments that affect elemental defense.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Summon Rock Golems
  • Summon a Rock Golem Minion for each ally with 40% HP and 50% attack inherited from the caster.
  • The Rock Golem Minion gives its owner Golemā€™s Stoneskin when summoned, and again every 3 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
  • Golemā€™s Stoneskin drops all damage dealt to the owner to 1, but is removed after 1 hit.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Masked God family:

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 875 from 840.
  • Defense is increased to 906 from 871.
  • Health is increased to 1775 from 1693.
  • Second Passive is added: Resistance of defense down.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Masked God Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Cel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Cel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Cel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Cel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Cel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Cel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Cel as an opponent?

• Would you give Cel Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Celā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Cel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Cel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Cel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Cel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Cel (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Cel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Cel (post release)

:question: Is Cel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Cel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Celā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Stoneskin Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Cel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Celā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Celā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Celā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Cel worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Cel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Cel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Cel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Cel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

Time to hurry up finishing Grimble and Topaz then. If released as is, those minions are justā€¦beefy

Seems like Arco found a good partner.

2 Likes

It seems a second passive is added to the hero.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Haha, last one from a 10 pulls.

10 Likes

Imagine facing Arco/Ludwig/celā€¦on rush

2 Likes

What does this mean?

You have stone skin all the time from minion that protect you only once. But if the protection ia gone then you get it back every 3 turn?

Why this hero is broken on Rush? There are too many minion eater in the game. Also, any Lunar hero will stop the minion effect from Cel , I suppose?

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Yes, this is what is means, and how it was worked in Beta.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun this should be 50% attack, noticed the word ā€˜attackā€™ is missing. Thanks for correcting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx for noticing it. I have added the missed word.

1 Like

I like all these heros. .after 231 combined token/gem pulls I was gifted 4 of the 5* god heros, 1 duplicate Fortuna and 3 (thatā€™s right 3 three) copies of Cel. Like Iā€™ve said before I am both blessed and cursed!
Good luck everyone!

9 Likes

Any anti minion heroes are win buttons against minion teams anyways. Take those heroes out of the equation and youā€™re in for a nasty experience against cel

2 Likes

Fully agree.
But it is impossible to not count on anti minion heroes nowadays.
I have been in war at top 100 during last years. I donā€™t feel safe having my Cel in defense since probably 80-90% of opponents have a few good anti minion heroes.
I hope I am missing something vital? And could se Cel as a winner bad as in defense most of the time?

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Lunar hero and Grimble/Ogima stock just went up.

2 Likes

We get a slow hero at 5* who summons fat minions and thatā€™s about it, and another slow 4* hero whose only purpose is to kill minions. Itā€™s nice for them to balance it out, but I would rather work with direct damage instead of dealing with the dreary minions who I have no control over. They just make war attacks and raids unnecessarily slow and you are working with gimmicks and even more randomness, as if thereā€™s not enough already. The minion meta is just not fun.

Donā€™t forget Noor. Very good against her too. Or even bera

1 Like

I got ā€œluckyā€ and snagged Cel on a single pull. My only other decent support in blue is M&M. Any thoughts on how the 2 stack up against each other? .y war def goto in blue right now is Quintin, who is awesome sauceome, but less so on defense.

2 Likes

I thought about that too but it is a bit too passive. Though this setup could stall enough for wings to fire (Khufu + Jove or Anne or sth).

Slow mana? Meh.

As I attempt to work with my supposedly beefed-up raid team, based on Mr. Pengi and a bunch of minion-makers, itā€™s becoming increasingly apparent to me that Mana Speed is more important than the power of Special Skills.

A team of Fast and Very Fast ā€¦ anything ā€¦ can get the advantage on a souped up but Average or Slow side, unless the tiles fall just right.

I so feel this right now that Iā€™m going to reassess my entire roster and just try to make a Fast to Very Fast team over a devastatingly powerful, ultra-synergized one.

1 Like