I’ve searched the forums, YouTube, and Reddit a fair bit and while I’ve found a lot of niche questions, and broad answers, I haven’t found this whole topic covered well enough to allow me to make my own decisions regarding my currently available heroes. As such, I want to ask y’all the broad question primarily… and will provide an example that we can apply it to secondarily.
Primary Series of Questions:
- What are the characteristics of a good team?
- Must every team have a defensive hero? What about a healer? Do you lump the two into the same category?
- How do you determine who would make a good tank (center spot in the lineup)?
- How do you determine who goes on the edges and who flanks the tank?
- What kind of synergies do you aim for?
- I’ve heard that single-target damage is better than AoE in general. How many of these single-target dmg dealers is too many?
- When is it appropriate to double-up, or triple-up on one element type?
My Specific Example:
My hope is that due to the above, I can answer the inquiry below of my own accord with the newly found knowledge that y’all provide. That said, in pedagogy it is often best to use specific examples, so here’s mine:
I have a full rainbow of five 3* heroes (my only five, in fact). Each of these is single-target damage. I also have all of the 1* and 2* heroes available. Because of this, I have been using Olaf (2* def up) and Sharan (1* 23% heal all). My current raid defense includes four of my 3* along with Olaf (on the edge) as I’ve found this to be my most effective team in general combat… but I often find myself missing Sharan’s healing, too. What would you run out of the 7 of them, and in what order? (for the world map primarily, probably raiding, too)
My current main team, left to right:
Balthazar - Azar - Berden (highest health/def) - Olaf - Bane
Valen - Sharan
There’s also a 2* healer with Sharan’s ability that I could replace her with (it’s yellow, though, which would mean doubling up on yellow with Bane).