Boldtusk fighter emblem advice

I’m curious which path to take, not sure if theres much difference. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I’m at the same crossroads as you are and will take the health-def pathway. Looks like we went the same way before that - I kinda regret ever choosing attack for him as his tile damage pretty much sucks anyways and I just want him alive as long as possible to boost the rest of the team.

All non attacker type heroes should focus on health and defense as a general rule.

Only choose attack if there are no other paths to connect you to either defense or health.

2 Likes

I’m prioritizing Defense first, and HP second.

That ends up looking like this:

7 Likes

It should be a defensive path by logic, but i don’t follow logic and my Boldtusk is a killer :face_with_monocle:

TilesDamageTilesDamageTilesDamage for all.

download

5 Likes

Fighters with Healing

Boldtusk, Delilah and Rudolph are the only Fighters that can revive, immediate use their special skill ( computer does this automatically on defense if full mana bar. Often full mana bar if Center on a defense team ) and gain health ( immediate heal, minions or both ) so not just a 1 HP revive.

A X*+15 fighter has a 1 in 123 chance of reviving 4 times in a row.

All of which are useful for a Center or flank on defense and using Revive or Miracle scrolls ( both Revive and Miracle scrolls still suck ) on rare and Class quests ( use emblems to get emblems and ascension items).

HP nodes

You definitely want HP to maximum the healing after revive. You could stop at X*+16, the last HP node.

Attack or Defense?

I have three rules of thumb ( see Notes ).

Boldtusk is both on my rainbow team and a healer for fighter quests ( use emblems to get emblems) so he gets DEF&HP.

This would also be true of Delilah and Rudolph.

Notes

Click for Guide

FIN

6 Likes

I like the ‘use emblems to get emblems’ logic. I’ve been hoarding my emblems this whole time, but you may have convinced me to finally part with them :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey dredging this one from the past. I have BT at +18. Should I do the +19 node (mana increase) or stay put at +18. Increasing his mana means that his special will be active before my other reds so may lose the attack increase

I did my original BT with maxed costume bonus to +19 opting for the mana bonus since I will be able to have my Wilbur supported by my level 25 mana troop, Mitsuko+20 supported by my level 11 mana troop and said BT supported by my level 5 mana troop. That way, I have all 3 fill their mana in 9 tiles.

It’s really up to you and your heroes and troops.

1 Like

Yeah it depends on your troops. I have one at +19 so I can use a very low level mana troop, and another at +18 who needs a L5 mana troop (both have costume bonus)

If your second mana troop is at level 5 assuming you have costume bonus then I probably wouldn’t bother

Yes, it depend on mana troop.
In my case, I have the costume, and I only have 2 mana troop, Level 5 and Level 16.
So I stop at +18, because it only need Mana level 5 to make it 9 tiles, but if I get another mana troop, then I would give BT to +19 node (mana), so that BT can use mana troop Level 1, and other mana for other red heroes. But I still plan to level mana troop to level 5 (because it is cheap and faster). So I think I stop BT at +18.

If you do not have costume yet. Then you need Mana troop level 17 + mana node. Or Mana troop level 23 without mana node.

Wow, great replies thanks. Yes I have costume but I’m only working on 1 set of troops. So it’s important to get other mana troops to 5 as well then? I will stop at 18 then

Yes, if you plan to stop at +18, to take advantage 9 tiles, you need Mana troop level 5.