Basic questions about EDD and strong/weak elements

I have some questions regarding attack/def with weak/strong elements and EDD. Some I know the answers to, some I’m pretty sure I know, and a few I’ve got no clue. I’ll break it out into when on offense (first set) and when on def (second set)

OFFENSE

• Obviously tile dmg is stronger against the weaker element. Special Skill (SS) dmg is only stronger against the weaker element if the card specifically says so, correct? What about minions? E.g., do minions on a green hero do more dmg against an ice defender?
  • Let’s say G. Jackal casts his SS (so all defenders are weaker against holy). Will all holy hero’s SS do more damage? What if the SS card says it does more dmg vs holy - will Jackal’s EDD augment that? What about minions on a holy hero - will those do more dmg?

DEFENSE

• Is it true that all three (slash attack, SS, and minions) do more dmg against the weaker element when on defense? In other words, a purple defender will do more dmg against a holy offensive hero with slash attack, SS (regardless of what the card says), and with its minion attacks?
  • If G Jackal casts SS on defense, will all holy heroes do more dmg with (1) slash attack, (2) SS, and (3) minions?

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Off:

Yes

No, minions do not have a color, their damage is colorless

He only targets 1

Yes, to the 1 target, no change to other targets.

yes, damage is higher and runs into lower defense.

No, see above

Defense:

No

No, none of the above.

No, Yes, No (Given that the other defenders hit the attackert affected by EDD)

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Gargon are correct, except the minion, damage is not colorless, attack from minion will get color weak strong and normal, it is like tiles damage, and the minion attacker color is based on his owner not the summoner.

And minions does not gain from attack buff, but it is applied on target defense buff or debuff.
Sources:
Do Minions hit opponents as the same color as their host? Do they have strong/weak/neutral damage?

7 Likes

What is EDD again? (Totally asking for a friend, not because I’m new and clueless or anything!)

1 Like

EDD - Elemental Defence Down, only gives defence down against that colour.

Ah, yes. Thanks! (For my friend, of course!)

Your friend is most welcome