Atwood - 5* Nature / Green - Shadow hero from Secret Summon

New Secret Hero is released: Atwood

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Atwood, as well as your thoughts on Atwood.

Atwood

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1132 1121 1909
4/90 1295 1282 2184
Origin Family
Secret Summon Investigator
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Marked by the Old Ones
All damage is reduced by 5% per 10 Insanity for this character up to a maximum reduction of 50%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Jewel of the Deep
  • Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Deals 350% damage and inflicts 55 Insanity to the target and nearby enemies.
  • All allies are immune to damage from status ailments for 4 turns.
  • Inflicts 45 Insanity to the caster.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Investigator family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +20% / +30% / +40% attack
  • +20% / +30% / +40% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Hero name is changed from Secret hero 3 tóo Atwood.
  • Family’s name is changed from Secret Family 2 to Investogator.
  • Passive name is changed from Secret Passive to Marked by the Old Ones
  • Attack is increased from 1025 to 1050.
  • Defense is increased from 1025 to 1040.
  • Health is increased from 1643 to 1771.
  • Insanity on dispeled buffs skill is removed.
  • Insantiy to target and nearby is increased from 40 to 55.
  • Delayed HP Boosting skill is replaced with status ailment immuser skill.
  • Aether Power is changed from Ailment Reflect to Defense Up.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Secret Heroes and Secret Summon [Part of The Beta Beat v66]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Atwood ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Atwood.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Atwood and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Atwood worth summoning for?

• Would you use Atwood on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Atwood ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Atwood as an opponent?

• Would you give Atwood Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Atwood’s character design?

• If you Summoned Atwood and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Atwood, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Atwood when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Atwood, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Atwood (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Atwood), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Atwood (post release)

:question: Is Atwood worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Atwood would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Atwood’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Status Ailment Damage Immuniser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Atwood compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Atwood’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Atwood’s Base Stats?

Note this means Atwood’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Atwood worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Atwood is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Atwood is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Atwood worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Atwood then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I fixed the thread’s title from:
Atkins - 5* Nature / Green from Secret Summon sHeroes”
to:
Atwood - 5* Nature / Green from Secret Summon Heroes”

:grin:

Also, you can probably remind his name in beta in the “Changes from Beta” section. I know the information is in the Secret Summon master thread but it would be great to have it in each individual hero master thread too.

6 Likes

Ok, good idea.
I have also mentioning now the family and passive name change too.

I am wondering of we will see the hero art ön Thursday or not in the “portal”.

If not, then I will need screenshots from someone about the hero at 4/80 so that I can add a picture of the hero to the OP.

4 Likes

Too bad, the insanity on the buffs was a nice mechanic. But overall it seems very good.

1 Like

And that super boost-heal after the few turns was also really good and id rather that stick around if I got so lucky…
. But yeah that was probably abit toooo good. But still makes you insane(hopefully the enemy moar insane). Wanted this one but was sad to learn secret only last 24 hours…i was hoping it would stay active for longer during multiple portals. Might try to summon some from seasonal at least since it works there and havent made my seasonal pulls yet. Was definitely fun in beta and everything fun=$$$$

2 Likes

The polls are enabled for the hero.

1 Like

How does this insanity works? When atwood cast, he gives insanity to enemies and to himself. Special skills reverse? Is this good or bad? Damn… this is too technical and i dont understand ■■■■ about his skills…

11 Likes

So this is the secret hero hmm
(not mine)

10 Likes

350% damage to 1 or all?

1 Like

You can read target and nearby enemies in the Hero card.

Thx for the image @RyanJunior !

11 Likes

Insanity is just a very technical mechanic, kudos for them inventing new stuff for their game instead of just rehashing old concepts.
However the learning arc for this mechanic is so complex I have no idea what this all means, will need to experience once first hand to understand it

6 Likes

So… if you “infect” 3 with insanity, you have like 3 additional heroes fighting for you in 50% of the cases of them fireing special. They are not stopping the wheel. They are breaking it xD edit: sorry 55%, not 50, and it is 6 heals to reduce it to 0 :smiley: and yes, on the other hand, when he fires, he has 45% chance on the next fire to cast to benefit enemy team. What are they smoking there? ;D

3 Likes

But atwood cast insanity to himself too. Is it a good thing or his special skills will hit own allies?

1 Like

The self Insanity increase is the last skill.
So the first time you a Secret hero’s skill it will work as it is written on the hero card.

If some other hero cast healing on allies, then it will lower the Insanity, butr heal over time is better as it will reduce it every turn.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Atwood imseems good with two healers to keep his ult from backfiring. Or a single healer who gives a heal over time. He does run the risk of hitting 3 of your peeps with insanity on the second + cast if not cateful though.

1 Like

It’s bad, it’s a bit of a handicap similar to how Easter heroes get a debuff after firing

3 Likes

But his passive reduce damage up to 50%. Means that if he has 45 insanity, his damage recieved will be reduce by * 20%. Its good in a way but he cant cast speciall skills or else it will backfire him. And i dont understand when it reaches 100, what will happen? Cast special when mana is full. Isnt that what we do? When mana is full, we cast specials…

2 Likes

It is 5% reduction PER 10 Insanity → 45% Insanity = -5% * 4 = -20% damage received.

4 Likes