Atomos – New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

I would like to add my experience against Atomos. I faced him in a war a week ago when he was fully leveled. I do not recall the rest of the opposing teams line-up, but I distinctly remember him almost wiping out my team. In this case all of my heros were at or nearly at max mana and I also think there was an attack buff (I think I remember Zim being in the lineup) as well as a defense down on my squad. When he hit, he did more damage than what you are calling out. I did still end up winning, but I think there is a case to be made that he can be used with the right supporting cast.

I too have a conundrum where he and Horghall are my only green 5* at the moment. I have 13 tonics and would like to get a green 5* to replace Buddy in my raid defense. I also need a hard hitting green in a bad way.

I have Poseidon (maxed), Ursena (need 2 Tabards), Ariel (maxed), and Atomos but didn’t really pull even half of 1000 LOL. Anyway, I had Atomos for a while now and I just ignored him after leveling to 3/24.

I’m interested to try and have them all in my defensive lineup and see what happens. However, I’m reluctant to give Atomos the tonics.

My current tonics will definitely go to Tarlak, but the next can probably be used to ascend Atomos if I don’t get any better greens.

Last war had the stackable unremovable attack buff as the war boost too, I can see Atomos liking that for sure

I think players tend to forget this is a strategy game not centered around one hero but 5. I had Atomos since I started this game about a year ago and he’s awesome despite the slow mana but if you pair him with a good healer, after he revives and you heal him it’s virtually almost impossible to stop him. As far as his attack goes, 150% is kinda low for a 5 star but if every opponents mana is high then that’s where he does the most damage. I’ve seen him do 377 damage before and he’s bailed me out so many times in battle. He’s awesome, you just gotta know how to use him

1 Like

I really agree with you, I find him useful paired just with Ariel and am seeing that many top level players are using maxed and emblemed Atomos in their raid defense lineup.

Moreover the artwork is great, definitely adds something to the team aesthetics too :rofl:

However I must admit how the healing feature that I read it was rumored he had in beta would be a nice addon indeed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clarify here, Atomos introduce since Feb 2019, so he is 8 month ago right now (almost a year though).

I always hope so many people share if there are positive review about him. So do you mean how to use that means Atomos is okay in ofense right? Which heroes do you use the rest to pair him and how to synergy with him?

I find sometimes (very rare) trouble facing Atomos defense.

There are better heroes than ATOMOS: BUDDY, CAEDMON, actually all the green heroes of the game except perhaps the 1 star (and again).

1 Like

If you want atomos to be viable, you have to build your team around him. In the end, we favor a zero hero at the expense of a team of good heroes who without him will be even stronger. So Atomos is useless. It takes all his family atlantis, how lucky to have this family in full. So my atomos is in a corner of my deck and is useless.

1 Like

So, I got Atomos when he first came out and I just finally decided to level to 3/70. He was literally the only unleveled hero I had left and my choice was to feed him to my other unleveled heroes (Which I didn’t have) or level him up.
I now use him to farm 8/7 because that is all he is good for. I guess I will hold him in the hopes that SG decides to fix him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Exactly this!! ZimKitty/Evelyn and Magni are working as intended and can even carry a trash can of a hero in diamond. You could swap out Atomos for an emblemed little John and you’d get the same, if not better results. Enough with this BS SG, fix this hero already. You did a great job with Aegir, Atomos has to be next, and soon.

He truly has no real value in any aspect of the game, War, Raid, defense, Titan, monsters. The fact you need 4+ other Atlantis heros or an attack buff/defense buff/ and green defense down buff to make him average speaks for itself. Lets fix this guy already.

3 Likes

So I’m going on record to state the obvious here. I’m not saying atomos is the best 5 star cause he’s far from it. There’s 4 star heroes who with talents are better then him but if you have atomos and commit to him with the right pieces around him then it’s worth it. So by right pieces I’m talking bout having a healer or 2, a hero with mana up and and attack increase to get the most out of atomos’s 150% attack damage. And if all heroes have average or fast mana then you should have a formidable team with him in the lineup

Atomos (who is currently my only Atlantis 5*, and has languished at 1.1 for the best part of a year) to my mind fits the absolute definition of a turkey: spectacular but tasteless. If you surround it with stuffing, bacon, sausages, at least two kinds of potatoes and three other vegetables, and drown it in gravy, bread sauce and cranberry, it provides the makings of a pretty decent Christmas dinner. On the other hand you could just go for a roast that has some flavour to it straight off, like a decent side of beef, and then you wouldn’t need to go overboard with the trimmings. This is why I don’t bother to serve turkey at Christmas. And why I haven’t levelled Atomos.

4 Likes

Something simply has to be the games cancer…

It’s sad though, because he looks terrific and could be amazing (in a balanced way, of course). Just a few tweaks here and there would do it. Obviously if I didn’t have him it wouldn’t bother me one bit.

A hero that can only do decently (not good, decently) when the other four heroes are only there to assist him is called a bad hero.

1 Like

I wish SG would address this and fix this hero after almost a year of him being one of the worst 5*'s in the game.

1 Like

@JAWS_3D where do we find the top raid heroes data?

I have the entire Atlantis family, Atomos will be the only one that doesn’t get leveled unless fix him.

The staff posted it back in June. Pretty interesting, maybe they’ll update it again:

I doctored that photo :rofl::lying_face:

Another day, more new heroes released or previewed. And yes, you guessed it, atomos is still absolute garbage and SG has zero mention of fixing him after the hundreds and hundreds of complaints from the community pleading for a Buff… to add insult to injury they released the S3 hero preview. I know its in beta, chill… BUT…
Anyone seen Tyr? Fast, self HoT, Direct single target damage, Dot, Self revive. Figher class… Just let that sink in…

this is just a slap in the face to atomos. WTF SG?!?! Please fix Atomos to something similar to this, why do the devs continue to ignore this Hero? Honestly, its so frustrating. He literally needs 4 other heroes of the ataltnis family to be a below average hero, Let alone even consider using . 99% of the people who have him leave him at 1/1 or 3/70. And the people who have him at 3/70, or god forbid wasted tonics to max him, are hoping SG will do their jobs and balance this trash excuse for a 5* hero. Atomos holds a special place in my heart for what he could and should be. Unfortunately, SG continues to disappoint and disregard the Guardian of Atlantis.

If you are so worried about the family defense buff, lower is damn defense, make him average or fast, take away the extra dmg vs higher mana and give him a dot. He utterly useless in every aspect of the game

Raid Defense: Trash (this is ironically the only time he see’s any use for those poor souls who Ascended him)
Raid Offense: LOL ya right
PVE: LOL 100 dmg maybe to a target
Events: Absolute trash, 3*'s outperform him

I haven’t really sat down and thought about balance but there are countless suggestions on how to fix him.

You fixed Aegir, took you 7 months but you fixed him. Atomos is coming up on a YEAR since his release. WTF, figure it out. Stop cash grabbing and make this game last. The power creep for new heroes is coming fastttttt, fix the 5*'s you’ve done a poor job of developing. ok daily atomos rage is over. Tune in tomorrow for another rant.

@zephyr1 can you please bring this to SG’s attention HAHHAHA

TLDR: Atomos still sucks, SG still ignores him, Do your job Devs and fix this hero like you have for others hero’s you messed up with in the past.

4 Likes