I ran 26/8 normal almost exclusively last time. Mainly to get the Gadierus avatar but did fantastic on swords backpacks and recruits. Xp was also very good. I will be watching this to see what levels I can use this round to mix things up.
During rises each monster has a % chance to be “special” So monster count is relevant
It’s worth noting that 6-9 yields the same # of recruits (per WE) as 15-9. So if you’re in more need of Large Bones and String than Firestones and Potent Leaves (which will be a thing with Harpoons requiring Large Bones), then it’s worth considering recruit farming there.
Thanks everyone. My brain is fried at the moment so will try to look at this tomorrow. Is there a link to evidence or anything for this or did I just miss it in @BarryWuzHere s SS?
Thanks again everyone, very helpful!
In the INFO tab of Barry’s public sheet, there’s a link to the data source sheet (view only mode, of course). Is that what you’re after?
I chose 2.4-9N ( see notes ) because the recruits are better ( 13, 15, 16 ) versus 2.4-3N ( 10, 12, 13 ) or roughly 25.71% more recruits.
2.9-4N is recruits ( 16, 18, 19 ) and 3 mob waves ( ( 3, 5 mobs ) x 3 waves ) and 1 Boss +2 mobs
So better at 20.45% more recruits and 50% more monster than
2.9-10N is recruits ( 13, 15, 16 ) and 2 mob waves ( ( 3, 4 mobs ) x 2 waves ) and 1 Boss + 2 mobs.
Meteor Fragments and Orichalcum Nuggets
I thought 3* / 4* items had double drop rates in normal and triple drop rates in hard by taking away from other 3* / 4* items. So if you only want Dragon Bones, then 2.9-4N is good.
But if you also want Meteor Fragments and Orichalcum Nuggets Season 2 Province 7 ( still 15 crafting ingredient loot rolls, increased chance of Fine Steel but same chance of Dragon, Meteor and Orichalcum ) might be better ( see note on crafting ingredient rolls per energy ).
Has anyone confirmed this for coins?
See @zephyr1 discussion with Devs in the notes below.
Click for notes
Crafting ingredient loot rolls
This becomes 15 per 3 WE for 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9 during Atlantis Rising compared to 13 per 3 WE for 2.6-9N.
I’ve done a bit of work on my spreadsheet for Atlantis Rises, and some things might be a bit different than what you looked at to draw your conclusions initially, @FrostbiteXIII
First off, the current Atlantis Rises tab pulls data from synthetic farming rates which are far more accurate than averages of collected runs are, especially with so many stages having low numbers of runs. One consequence of this is that things like backpacks, large bones, heroes, troops, food, iron, etc. are all constant across entire provinces; the ONLY things that will vary by stage within a province are monster counts and recruits, and player XP.
I recently made sure that the level listed is one that has best recruits in the province; it previously just picked the first level in the province when everything else was the same. Based on that I’d change a few of the ones you picked. (And my spreadsheet now does it)
- 4-9: Rugged Clothes (More recruits but fewer monsters compared to 4-3)
- 6-9: Large Bones
- 3-6: Leather Strips
- 12-6 (HARD): Midnight root
- 11-10 (HARD): Meteor Dust
- 9-8: Dragon Bones
2.9-8N ( Dense Fog ) always has 12 monsters.
2.9-4N has 12-18 monsters.
So I prefer 2.9-4N during Atlantis Rising.
This is really helpful, thanks @BarryWuzHere and @Gryphonknight! Lot of info tho, so please bear with me.
Unless your spreadsheet has now been updated I assume I don’t have access to the full data, so can I check we all agree on:
- 4.9N is better than 4.3N
- Are we saying that ALL loot (plus Atlantis coin loot chance PER MONSTER) is the same chance [EDIT: PER PROVINCE/DIFFICULTY]. This includes all materials (Dragon Bones etc), training materials (backpacks, clothes etc) and heroes and troops.
- This does NOT include recruits, monster count and Experience.
- 9.4N is better than 9.10N (better than 9.8N too?)
- 7.XN is better all around for Nuggets, meteors, fine steel and dragon bones - are we saying this is generally a good all-rounder for mats?
I’m saying that WITHIN a province, loot per run doesn’t change. (Where WE costs change in the middle of a province, loot/WE drops for the higher cost stages)
Here are my synthetic numbers in S2, province 9 normal. (All the other numbers are the same; I’m not showing them)
- 9-10 has the best XP; Range is 2%
- 9-4 and 9-7 have the highest monster counts. Range is 44% (Aside: I don’t trust my synthetic monster counts as much as I trust other synthetic numbers, but they should still be pretty close)
- 9-4, 9-5, 9-6, and 9-8 have the highest recruits; range is 33%
“Best” depends on how what order you personally rank recruits, monsters, and XP, and which level has monsters you would rather farm / are sick of looking at.
- 9-8 has top recruits, 2nd place XP, 7th best monster count
- 9-4 has top recruits, top monster count, lower XP
As for provinces … there are moderate differences between provinces in the total number of ascension mats and crafting mats per WE. During AR, some of those provinces win:
- Provinces 1~9 normal are tied for the most total crafting mats (Also total 3* crafting mats and total 4* crafting mats)
- Provinces 7~9 have the most total ascension mats, followed by provinces 1~6
Atlantis Coin is different per province and difficulty.
2.7N would all have the same chance of coin per monster spawn. But 2.7H and 2.9N would be different.
This seems true from the research on the forums.
However 2.9-4N during Atlantis Rising gives better Recruits, XP, Food, Iron. It might give give better Atlantis Coins because reports seem to show higher provinces give better chance of coins.
So you need to take this into account when weighing 2.7N versus 2.9-4N.
I haven’t tried to dig into the limited data I’ve got for Atlantis coins much yet …
Partly because I can safely say that the drop rate is low enough to make farming for them over other generally good farming isn’t if interest to me.
Especially since the general farming quality during Atlantis Rises decreases as WE costs increase, apparently the opposite of Atlantis coins / sea dragons.
But I would very strongly guess that the Atlantis coin / sea dragon rate doesn’t vary within provinces PER MONSTER. Note that levels with more waves / more monsters will get more sea dragons than levels in the same province with fewer monsters.
This appears to be the main reason for the -3 WE and +50% loot instead of a straight -66% WE reduction or a straight +200% loot.
Even during Atlantis Rising there remains trade offs.
Reason for it … or consequence of it. Doesn’t really matter, but it is interesting to track either way. (BTW, lower levels are effectively +300% loot since it is 150% loot at 50% cost, declining to ~200% net as the cost climbs from 50% to 80%)
Very helpful thread. I hope the powers that be make this Atlantis Rising as player friendly as the last time.
This is the thread I was looking for. Assuming your discussion which levels do You recommend to:
- Farm recruits with maximazing recruits/loot ticket
- Farm recruits with max recruit/WE
- Farm rugged clothes with max RC/WE
Thanks for reply in advance!
Um… Scroll up for the anwers within the discussion. Ikr… :
Any recommendations were to farm Nuggets?
@G.O.A.T @Talakas1 - I’ll try to get the initial post updated tomorrow morning from what was said. Thanks for the specific questions, it helps focus me.
Farming nuggets or any 4* crafting mat isn’t particularly productive.
- Unlike 1* and 2* crafting mats, the proportion of crafting mats that will be 4* mats is constant across the map (and VERY low), so there’s no place that is better that way.
- The total crafting mats per WE spent does vary a bit across the map, and where there are more total crafting mats there will be more 4* mats, but the variation is small.
- Any province which has more nuggets will gain them at the expense of dragon bones and meteors, NOT at the expense of common herbs or any other less desirable items, so that isn’t as good as it sounds either.
- The drop rates are so low that the expected number is 1~3 total for farming a full set of WE flags, less than 1 nugget per run, so the random variations with something of that low odds will be really high.
2:18-6H would be the level I’d recommend if you just want nuggets; it is probably the best level in that province, and will drop the same nuggets as the rest of that province and 14 hard, .043 nuggets/WE
2:1-2N or 2:1-3N (my preferred farming for backpacks during AR) will give you 20% fewer nuggets .036 nuggets/WE, but drop significantly more total 4* crafting mats, .107 vs .071, 50% more total.