Ascend Elena to 4 or wait for something better?

It depends how you setup the team

I simply don’t find her threatening… I must have a REALLY bad board if I can’t manage to kill before she fires, even without color stacking.

I wouldn’t use her on a defense team, but I would take her in consideration for other purposes.

1 Like

Does it?

I’m struggling to imagine any team comp where a slow on the outside is preferable to a fast or very fast.

In an ideal world the only very slow, slow or average speed you’d have would be at tank where speed matters the least because of getting hit by tiles which boosts mana. Ideally you’d have fast or very fast at every position on defense outside of tank.

Speed matters. Slow on the outside is bad advice imo. The only acceptable slow on the outside are Mother North and Alberich and I’d argue they might be better at flank anyways in raid defense. In this game having your heroes fire before the opponent’s is a massive, massive advantage. It’s why speed is so important.

1 Like

Well I’m currently experimenting with her and found some success with using Elena although without the correct heroes to go with her she is not that great.

On offense she is awesome especially against titans, quests and challenges. Very decent on raids.

@Razor help me out here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@AirHawk @DaveSonnenberg - I have seen the defensive success AirHawk has had with her in his mix. I agree ideally based on the large selection of heroes we have now that FAST/VF would be everywhere with TANK… having to take the Avg/Slow if one was used. I personally have come across several teams which do include her in the Top-100 that are very formidable. Every hero in the deck seems can be used in some combination with success and not necessarily where and with whom we would suspect. Just what I have come to believe after all this time playing.

2 Likes

I’m quite enjoying her at 4/80, and there is a really nice emblem path for her where you can give her attack (to strengthen a strength) and HP (meaning that she can survive the hits better but leaving defense low to maximise the riposte damage)

I take her on titans, but she doesn’t play well with Wilbur (as he minimises the riposte) , so usually using Gormek for defense down. Her attack stat is very nice on Titans

I wish she wasn’t slow, but you cannot have everything. Generally if she fires, you win.

I also agree that you play what you’ve got. Unless you spend a fair bit, and expect to pull more fives, I think she is a pretty good choice

2 Likes

Remember that if your 3* is 3/50 but skill is not maxed, feed one similar 3* to your hero and up he/she/it goes.