Ascend Domitia, Aeron, Sartana... or wait?

Hi all,

Apologies for posting so soon after my last thread. but things have changed. I just pulled Sartana, and have to decide between her, Aeron or Domitia, or waiting. I’m getting my 6th Tabard from Halloween, and Purple is the only color where I have enough mats to ascend immediately.

I’m saving my 15 Epic Hero Tokens for Christmas, as Santa or Mama North will add more to my roster than Victor (though I did do 2 pulls and got Valeria, yay!). I also do 1-2 summons at least every Atlantis, so there’s always a chance I’ll get Ursena or Kage or a returning HOTM (leaving out Mok-Arr on purpose :slight_smile: ) and maybe Panther will come along…

My initial thought is to wait and see. Being a non-spender, Tabards aren’t easy to come by, and I don’t expect much luck with summons. I do plan to ascend my second Purple 5* in January, though, no matter what.

But I love getting perspectives here, as advice is generally quite thought-provoking.

Current 4* and 5* Purples:

• Proteus +18
  • Seshat +3
  • Sabina +14
  • 2nd Proteus +2
  • Aeron 3/70
  • Domitia 3/70
  • Cyprian 3/1
  • Sartana 1/44 (current project)
    *2nd Sabina 1/23 (paused to work on Sartana)

Priorities : Titans, War, Raid offense.

Titans:

My alliance is small and we’re only up to 4* Titans.

I currently bring Seshat / Proteus 1 / Proteus 2 / Sabina / Grimm for Yellow Titans, but sometimes drop Proty 2 for Domitia. The Protys and Sabina have better tile damage than Aeron and Domi, and Grimm is there to reduce defense. At 4/80, Domi, Sartana and Aeron will have higher tile damage than Proty+2, but Domitia’s Holy defense and skill will add more of course.

Raids / Wars:

Let’s talk skills.

I have several other dispellers and healers, and a few fast snipers/hitters. But Aeron is my only hero who can cleanse and prevent status (no Vivica or Rigard yet :frowning: ) and of course Domi is my only Holy Defense up hero. Sartana loses out here, though the DOT can be nice.

I usually run 3/2 on raids/wars. I could see either Aeron or Domitia making it into my 3 stack, probably over Sabina. Seshat and Proteus are locks. I already sometimes bring Aeron over Sabina, if I have a second healer and am facing enemies like Justice or Azlar (Aeron once won me a raid where Azlar fired!) I’m not sure if Sartana will make it into my 3-stack, as Proteus and Sabina have very useful skills and good tile damage.

My full 4* / 5* roster:

1. Purples:
  • Seshat +3
  • Proteus +18
  • 2nd Proteus +2
  • Sabina +15
  • Aeron 3/70
  • Domitia 3/70
  • Cyprian 3/60
    *Sartana 1/44 (current project to 3/60)
    *Sabina 2 (1/23)
  1. Yellow
  • Inari +1
  • Li Xiu +15
  • Chao +3
  • Rana 3/70
  1. Blue
  • Lepus +3
  • Kiril +4
  • Grimm +9
  • Triton +6
  • Sonya +12
  • Aegir 3/70
  • Isarnia 3/70
  • Boril 3/60
  • Agwe 1/1
  • 2nd Sonya 1/1
  • Valeria 1/1 (new current project)
    *2nd Grimm 1/1
  1. Green
  • Margaret +1
  • Skittleskull +3
  • Jack O’Hare +9
  • Melendor +3
  • Gadeirus +1
  • Gregorion 3/70
  • Kashhrek 3/60 (not planning to max)
  • Gobbler 1/1
  • Kadilen 1/8 (current project while I wait for 2 more tonics)
  1. Red
  • Sir Lancelot +14
  • Gormek +9
  • Boldtusk +7
  • Scarlett +9
  • 2nd Boldtusk +1
  • Colen +1
  • Kelile 1/22 (current project)
  • 2nd Gormek 3/60 (not planning to ascend)

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

You already have Seshat, which is a superior version of Domitia. So, I would exclude her.

Aeron is good but not exceptional, that leaves us to Sartana which is a nice sniper who also poisons. My vote is for her

2 Likes

Sartana

20 character

1 Like

I’d go aeron if u already have a maxed sesh

Her and aeron both bring more to titans than sartana tile wise and for aeron even skill wise

For wars i try to include 2 healers per team

Right now you’re usin mainly 4* heals and those are typically % heals which stack nicely with HoT

On top of that his immunity is pretty dam useful

I like my snipers as much as the next guy and sartana is 1 bad chick, but i find my healers to be of bigger value due to more rarity and adding more durability to an entire team composition

Aeron also has the 5% attack/defense buff for his purple allies which makes him 1 of 3 ways to increase purple tile damage with an attack buff from a purple hero. The other 2 being khiona who i dont believe will be back for awhile and ameonna whose buff doesnt stack with other buffs.

Fwiw cleansers are harder to come by than dispellers, rigard has always had a bigger value to Me than sabina but that’s just me, may be food for thought for others though

You have sesh maxed. Unless you’re highly desperate for a less fine tuned copy of her, i wouldnt even consider domitia in these kind of decisions)

Just my 2 cents

10 Likes

+1, I think you get more out of Aeron. I have a Sartana +7 currently and I used her as a ton when she was my only 5* but I find she collects a lot of dust on the bench now. Don’t make Sesh jealous!

2 Likes

If you dont follow @Rigs advice, you are wrong.

2 Likes

just advice based on personal experience which makes it opinion. Idk if there is a right or wrong in this game outside of maxing atomos which is always wrong lol jk…kinda…

3 Likes

thanks, everyone. really like the logic and reasoning given here. I had been thinking of Aeron because I don’t have a cleanser, and Seshat is already a great sniper and dispeller.

will sleep on it a bit :slight_smile: but it does look like my hunch (Aeron) will win out

1 Like

One more vote for aeron. He is great and life saver

2 Likes

I don’t think Aeron is very good. I regret giving him tabards. If I hadn’t, I could max two seshat instead. Rigard is just better than Aeron. He heals immediately, which will save you in raids all the time. He cleanses your whole team, not just nearby allies. And he’s cleric so Guin can’t chop his mana down every single time she tries, and he can cleanse gravemaker’s DOT or whatever the ailment very reliably. His stats become better than Aeron once you’ve given him emblems. Anyways, yeah it’s either Sartana or wait. Domitia isn’t great either and you have seshat who is just superior.

3 Likes

Aeron was my first maxed 5* and I still use him everywhere. His HOT works so well combined with a direct healer and is indispensable when dealing with DOT (and those annoying poison provinces in Atlantis).

My second choice would be Sartana (my second most-used purple) but you already have a better hitter in Seshat.

Dom’s biggest asset is her yellow shield.

2 Likes

Or wait …

2 Likes

30 years of RPG proved:
Healers always first.
:fist_right::boom::fist_left:

3 Likes

Gets pretty beefy with emblems

2 Likes

I give monk emblems to drake instead.

2 Likes

I split them

Gave 395 to aeron ans 395 to drake. So far haven’t regreted it

But that’s just me and i very well could change my mind in the long run and give one to the other

I do like rigard as a 4* though. If ariel and vivica weren’t eating my cleric emblems, rigard would be beefed up for sure. I use aeron and rigard in different teams so both see a lot of use

3 Likes

I don’t have Rigard, and Aeron is my only cleanser other than Gill-Ra. I do think there’s a good chance of Rigard popping up soon because I’m running two TC20s.

But I’ve done a few raids with Aeron as my 3rd purple alongside Seshat and Proteus, he’s saved my bacon a few times when Azlar fired for example.

Sartana would be a good option for war depth, but Aeron’s skill is more unique and I can see him making it into my 3/2 stack. Especially when Zeline, Alasie, Gravemaker etc are so common. Sartana and Domitia will never replace Seshat though, and I would prefer bringing 3 Purples with a variety of skills (rather than 2 snipers).

I may wait until Christmas to see who I get. maybe some interesting Purple HOTMs will be featured in AR in Nov or Dec.

1 Like

Just go for Sartana. You will not go wrong with her under any circumstances.

3 Likes

Since u already have seshat (which is a combination ability of sartana and domitia), then go for aeron. He will give another depth for your roster. And 5* healer is rare and precious. They are sturdier than 4* healer

3 Likes

thanks all. I tried pulling for Victor but didn’t get him. will go for Aeron over Santana or Domitia, but will wait a bit to see if I get a different Purple 5* in the next few weeks.

1 Like