Anchor's Hero Grading Table

Yet Wilbur/ Bt / Falcon / kong / anzogh is probably the most devastating combo of this game

1 Like

They did it quite recently. In fact Green, Yellow and Purple 5* were not revised yet, if you look for the dates of entries. Means though that Vela was revised and she still keeps A+, meaning that nerf did not make her useless like some say.

I don’t agree with some ratings (Sif) but it’s good to see what hero should be good to ascend first.

The tables were updated on June 13 according to Anchor’s new grading. Please refer to the beginning of this topic. Thank you for your reminding.

Actually, either the table was inaccurate when you read it & has since been updated, or you misread it. Guardian Kong now is rated B+ not “C” and was updated several days ago to account for the recent buff. I think Anchor updates his ratings all the time, so a static table like OP posted is not all that useful. It makes sense for Anchor to update his ratings all the time as the game meta changes all the time, especially with the introduction of new heroes or the buff/nerf of old ones.

I am in Taiwan. It is June 13 now. There is a time difference between our time zone.

1 Like

I don’t like Anchor’s rating guide, I find it inaccurate. The problem is it’s half right. It’s unfortunate that people base their ascension decisions on it.

For example, how could you rate Horghall the same as Tarlak, Lady, Hatter, and Locke?

Guardian Kong lower than Marjana? The same as Thorne? Oy. Just bad.

Mitsuko needs to be higher as well. Onatel too.

Malosi… is NOT a B! If someone asked you , “who should I ascend Malosi or Leo” would you honestly say it’s a toss up? Hell no, Malosi belongs in the A- category, not B.

Some of the classic heroes, like Leo, Thorne, Marjana, Horg, Elena, Obakan, Khagan, need a lower rating. Some of them I wouldn’t even ascend unless you are free to play.

I think Anchor needs to work with others to move past some of his hero biases. If he’s working with others, he needs to be debating with different people.

4 Likes

That’s a bit short sighted. If you look at the attributes rather than just the final grade, you can focus on what you actually need. Malosi could very well a B because he’s not good on Defense, so he’s not a perfect A all around. We can pick apart his work or we can create one ourselves. I’m willing to read an “easysteps” grading system.

1 Like

Offense and defense should be considered separately and therefore have two separate grades

Look as he website. It’s totally on there. Offense, defense and Titans.

2 Likes

I dont care I can figure by myself which heroes are goods and which are bad.

If it’s made for newbies, well that’s definitely misleading.
Some combinations of hereos can make A++ a D hero…

So you want it seperated by offense and defense, but you don’t need it? It’s made for newbies but it’s too misleading? Sorry dude, I don’t know what direction you are going. I guess the easiest answer is use it or don’t use it.

1 Like

The way I take this guide is that it should be a fast way to answer the question “Who should I ascend?”, without knowing anything about the players roster or needs.

I stand by the statement that players should ascend Malosi over Leo, Roostley, Mushashi, Ranvir, all day long. It’s not even a question. If you disagree, please tell me why.

Yes, Malosi isn’t a great defensive hero or titan hitter, but he deserves better than B. Thorne is rated better and he sucks all around. Anchor rated Evelyn an “A” (which she deserves), but she isn’t good on defense either. Anchor rated Guinn an “A” (which she deserves) and she’s only good as a tank. They deserve to be there because they’re the best at what they do.

If you wanted a better rating, someone like me should work with Anchor instead of everyone creating their own ratings. The quality would be much higher.

4 Likes

I don’t know Anchor personally, I imgine he’d take input. I think Malosi is great, of the others mentioned I might recommend Ravir over him if they didn’t have Wu. I might recommend Roostly, if they already have a handful of Posiedon, Joons and solid yellow hitters.

It does all depend on the roster, exactly why when people post “which should I ascend” it really matters on what else they have. Anchor’s guide is the easiest to read…the best, certainly debatable. I for one don’t want to discourge people from creating guides, if you love the game the more out there the better. More content and debate is always a good thing…when people stop caring, that’s when I see concern.

4 Likes

I run Santa as a tank over December each year with my Xmas defence and he holds me in solid diamond.

1 Like

Have you looked at his spreadsheet? Each hero is graded in 24 (!) different categories. Taking only the overall grade like in OP gives a wrong impression. Some of the grades are based on a math formula (defence, attack, stamina afaik), so they are pretty objective. Others are rather subjective. And there are also some grades I don’t agree with, but that doesn’t make the whole guide totally useless. It can be a good orientation. But of course one shouldn’t base his own point of view entirely on that one source maybe.

He does. At least since they entirely updated the whole guide. It’s a team of (I think about 20) experienced players behind that grading list, and they discuss each grade as far as I am concerned. Especially the ones where opinions differ a lot.

2 Likes

I cant access his table!

Can a kind soul post it here Pls?

@Anchor I have used your table for a long time and appreciate all the work you and others do for it, I especially refer newbies to it to start out working how to place and use their heroes, it would be great if you could do the ungraded three star heroes soon, this helps them the most until they get enough experience to work it out for themselves gradually.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Been keeping an eye on this thread to see where it went and what the intent was of the topivm

It seems like it is becoming / intended as a discussion thread for @Anchor’s Hero Grades. There is an existing thread for this purpose which was created by Anchor himself.

Feel free to carry on your discussions there:
The Best Heroes in Empires and Puzzles 2020, New Hero Grades are LIVE!

3 Likes