After new Telly Nerf - Who will be the top tanks?

What do you think? Will Telly still be the number one? Will Heimdall be a better choice for emblems (That’s what I am asking myself currently?). Will we see more Guins again or more purple tanks like Ursena and maybe even Zulag?

1 Like

I don’t really have much choice. My only heroes with tanky stats are Onatel, Grimble and vanilla Richard and only the former is viable as tank imo… Obviously Heimdall would be a natural choice here.

Hopefully it’s wide open.

Variety is the goal of the rebalance (like it or hate it).

19 Likes

There are so many nearly equal good tanks out there… Ursena, BK, Guin, Heimdall just to name a few…

Will see how things will play out for telluria. I’ve great hope she stays within the league of toptanks without dominating it.

6 Likes

I appreciate more variety. And as SG declared they want to break Telly’s domination in raids, I think it’s time to discuss who could keep up with her or even beat her in tank position…

2 Likes

The best green tank is Frigg anyway!

6 Likes

Personally I can’t see it being wide open.
Players are going to watch what happens in the top 100 and then try and do the same.
Because the rebalance hasn’t been tested, personally, I am going to wait and fingers crossed Telluria can still be used as either a good equal tank or at least a good support hero

3 Likes

Lower level players that have telly will still use telly IMO as she is still a top level tank than even after the update. People are talking as if she’s been removed entirely…

Some higher level players will decide to move on however, lots to Heimdall, I think Frigg will be a big one too, perhaps back to Ursena -hopefully as mentioned it will vary.

6 Likes

Having raided unsuccessfully recently against a +20 Frigg tank I have a feeling this will be the case too.

Depends how easily it can be countered though I think. I’ve not had enough experience against her to yet find a good way to battle her

2 Likes

I don’t have it either, but when I met her in raids, I didn’t win even once and I tried to give the mono green team no green stones or I’ll hit them right away and I lost anyway

1 Like

Step back for a moment and remember pre-tellu top 100. There were Kunchens, Ursenas, Guins, Onatels, BKs, Gravemakers…

That was variety (although War-Tanks nearly were yellow/purple only)! Lets hope we get back to that time when a tank only made up for ~30% of the meta.

8 Likes

Was lucky to meet her several times and had the biggest success with Double Heal+Mana control.

Which is why the only way to get variety is to get HOTM’s out of the top 100 - even most whales don’t have unlimited choice.

2 Likes

Anything with killhare, Finley and jabber. The current 3 protected ones like Telluria were. The tank doesn’t eve matter with those 3 inside a team.

Frigg and heimdall tanks are already popping everywhere.

6 Likes

I will stick with my Ursena. I wonder if top alliances would change anything or will stick still to telluria or green tanks.
Some alliances required telluria to enter. I wonder if it would change with this balance change

5 Likes

Good questions. I am asking myself if our alliance should stay with green. I think green still has many good tanks. I think 12 of 30 have Telly in our alliance, but many others have Atomos who is a good alternative. And we have a few Heimdalls and at least one LotL. In purple we have some Ursenas and Kunchens. But how many good alternatives are there for those who don’t? I think most of the green tank alternatives mentioned above are still slightly better than most purple alternatives I could think of. So for alliances who are not around top 100, the question for war tanks is also determined by which color has the best midrange tanks.

Not many. Purple lacks on common tank options. We have to still see how this new HOTM performs as tank, though im not hoping too much really of it.

In green you can tank with Atomos, Heimdall, even you can try a more agressive alternative with Frigg.

And if you dont have any of those, you still have solid B/B+ choices from tc 20.

1 Like

I doubt we”ll see the huge shift away from Telluria that SG is hoping for. The reason is that even with the lower costs of emblems, and the 20% food/iron refund, it’s still very very expensive fo shift around.

8 Likes

Black knight is probably the top tank in the game after this, but it s hard to put red tank on war considering gravemaker and elena c are the other options.

Looking on the 5* heroes the only color close to green as a tank in wars is purple with ursena, kucheon maybe clarisa, hel and grimble

Green still has kadilen c, atomos, frigg and heimdall

3 Likes

If she is the best, then we need to start a new thread “please nerf frigg!”

1 Like