Advice on hero line ups

Can someone tell me how I should line my guys up in main quest and raids?

2 Likes

For the main quests? I would just focus on completion. You can generally get away with using your best heroes regardless of color (at least until province 23).

For now: Chao, Kiril, Wilbur, Domitia, Melandor.

Level these guys as top priority:

Wilbur (You will use him forever)
Proteus (Brutal 4*)
Triton (very nice sniper, works well with Kiril’s heal)
Hansel (Elite green 4*)
Chao (finish him up)

Raids, you have some leveling work to do. Just level the above and do your best.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

Stop levelling Domitia and work on Seshat… she does everything Domitia does but much better and her minions make her extremely durable

1 Like

Judging by the level of most of the heroes, I say working on any 5* right now is folly.

Ascension material shortage is only going to end in tears, whereas the OP could get most of the 4* heroes to 3/60 to hold them over until they get some ascension materials.

1 Like

Agree. Looks like OP’s leveling has been rather schizophrenic, which is a recipe for disaster. Gotta focus on one of each color and finish the job. As regulars to the board know, I’m a big advocate of leveling at least two rainbow 3-star teams before worrying too much about 4-stars, since they level a ton quicker and don’t require rare mats. They are useful in lots of different places that give loot. Also gives you some time to draw more 4-stars so you can make wise choices about where to spend mats. Leveling 5-stars without having the mats in hand is a really bad idea.

So, my recommendation would be to max the following heroes for two rainbow 3-star teams:

Purple: Balthazar and Gill-Ra, plus Tyrum if you can get him
Yellow: Melia and did you eat Bane? Ugh. Get another Bane and level him.
Green: Belith, Brienne, and Mnesseus (pick two if you want, but you eventually need all three, and I personally like Muggy after using him)
Blue: Gato and Gunnar, plus Valen, if you can get him
Red: Hawkmoon and Nashgar, plus Namahage, if you can get him

Once you finish the three-stars, I would basically agree with this list, based on what you have right now.

1 Like

Agree with @Noble_Weasel and @PeachyKeen.

Red: Wilbur, Boldtusk
Blue: Kiril, Grimm, Triton, Sonya
Green: Hansel, Melendor, Caedmon
Yellow: Finish Chao, Wu Kong for Titan, but you already start Ranvir, so Ranvir 3.70, and also you have Tarlak which is better for Titan.
Purple: Proteus, Rigard

*3 heroes to keep:
Red: Rudolph, Squire Wabbit, Namahage, Hawkmoon, Nashgar, Azar, Jahangir
Blue: Gato, Valen, Ulmer, Gunnar
Green: Muggy, Belith, Brienne, Berden, Mnesseus, Hisan
Yellow: Bane, Melia, Kailani, Gan Ju, Arman
Purple: Balthazar, Gill-Ra, Chochin, Tyrum

IMO, my strategy leveling both *3 and *4 heroes is like this:
Level on-color, so red to red, blue to blue, etc.

1. Build 2-3 rainbow team *4 heroes to 3.60.
  2. Build 2-3 rainbow team *3 heroes to max.
  3. If we have mats, decide later which *4 priority to ascend.
  4. After have 1-3 rainbow *4 heroes max, start leveling *5 heroes.

For me at first build project progress like this.
If I have *1 feeder, level for *4 which is not yet 8/8 skill, else for *3 heroes.
If I have *2 feeder, level for *4 which is already 8/8 skill, else for *3 heroes.
It is slower, but after that you will level many heroes at the same times.

Hi,
All the advices are great.
I’d just like share my current all purpose team.
I’d suggest Kiril(360), Balthazar maxed + emblems , Chao, Boldtusk (360), Tarlak (260).
Kiril, Boldtuck, will keep you alive and attack up, in conjunction with Tarlack your tiles hit will be devastating.
Balthazar, Chao are your fast hit squad.
This team has the advantage of not needing any non farmable mats, and a decent fighting force.
I’m running a similar team on maps S1/22, S2/15N, and monsters, farming, quests and not having major difficulties with any of it.
Raids, wars are a different mind set where you will need more 3* & 4*s . They all will have a use at times.
The more heroes you can bring to usable levels the better.
A few thoughts and just have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

thank you everyone for spending the time giving me good advice!

If it is just for quests and raids, the below would work even if your 5* are at 3/70:
Quests unlike raids have a different focus since they have multiple waves. You have to focus on survival for multiple waves that is why Kiril and Tarlak are better. Also, you rely more on tile damage.

Kiril - Tarlak - Seshat - Elena - Joon

Kiril - heal and buff
Tarlak - power buff
Seshat - dispel and snipe
Elena - the riposte will help you greatly especially for quests
Joon - blind the enemy (especially the boss)

BT - easily one of the best 4* for survival and buff
Wilbur - great depends on what you need. Can be an alternative to Elena for quests.
Hansel - mana block/cut is superb but mainly for raids (ok for quests)
Melia - easy to up and the great critical buff

The first 5 at the top are first choice for me and can be subbed by the lower 4.

Rana is better for war.
Ranvir not needed since you have Tarlak.
Domitia not needed since you have Seshat.
Proteus - next project after Kiril
Magni - great but you need to have the mats to max him.

1 Like

I’ll try the first team idea. See how that goes. Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes