5* stats lower than 3* with the same power?

If this question has been asked, please point me to the original post, as I couldn’t find it.

I have a leonidas 5* and a berden 3*, both have 449 power
Leonidas (atk/df/hp) = 407/400/680
Berden = 470/425/688

Berden I did use emblem first node only, which should not add so much difference?
In addition, I also have a Caedmon 4* with power 436, and his stats are: 411/412/730

So Leonidas’ stats are much lower than the other 2 with the same or even lower power, does that make sense? I thought power is calculated from the stats, with some maths formula, i.e. the 2 heroes with the same power should have at least 1 stat higher and 1 stat lower than the other, not all 3 lower?

1 Like

I guess the special attack is part of the formula, and Leonidas heal and mana cutting is surely overall more powerful.

@Minh welcome to the Forum!

Card Power takes rarity (i.e. 3* vs. 5*) and Special Skill level into account. Those likely account for the differences.

If you post the Special Skill levels or screenshots of the cards, we can walk through the CP calculation.

6 Likes

Wow an invitation to walk through a calc, you really have 40 hours in a day @zephyr1!!

1 Like

This only makes me miss @Garanwyn more.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. Sorry for not thinking about that.

Leonidas: CP = 449, stats = 407/400/680, level 38, ascension 1, special skill 3/8: deal 340% damage + reduces mana of target by 40% + heal caster for 75% dmg dealt.
Berden: CP = 449, stats = 470/425/688, fully ascended with talent node 1 only (5% to bypass defensive buffs when attacking). Deal 325% dmg + target gets -34% atk for 6 turns.
Caedmon: CP = 436. stats = 411/412/730, level 34, ascenssion 2, special skill 6/8: deals 335% dmg + dispel bufs from all enemies

From your formula I figure that the main difference is the base CP for ranks, with 5* = 90, 4* 50 and 3* 30. Isn’t that unnecessary? All the goodness of the 5* are factored in the special skills already, adding a 60 difference for nothing only makes it much harder to compare a 3* vs 5*. In this case I find Berden’s specials comparable to Leonidas, but his stats are much better (he’ll last longer at least), so he should be a better choice for matches?

The assumption appears to be that the specials of 5* heroes (at a given special level) are equally valuable, and more valuable than those of the 3* heroes. This assumption does not hold in general – CP is an approximation at best.

Sounds so to me too.