This is a guide on where each 4* hero belongs on defence. I created it based on my 2 years and 6 months experience in the game.
(Here is the 5* heroes guide:
5* heroes positioning guide)
5 things to consider:
- specials fire from left to right
- the tank must be a very sturdy hero (or a hero who can destroy the opponents if they fire)
- no 4* healer belongs to the corner, until they are charged up, there will be no one to heal since the others will be already dead
- no 4* slow hero belongs to the corner, they may never get the chance to fire (exception could be made for Sumle)
- the left side should be reserved for heroes who will help the heroes who will fire next (in case everyone is charged up at the same time) - dispelers, attack buffers, defence debuffers, healing buffers, healers (healers should fire earlier since if the hero who fires afterwards hits a hero with riposte, they can survive the riposte if they have just been healed).
Best - perfect position
Yes - great position
Maybe - good position
Rarely - under certain circumstances, they could be placed there
No - bad position
Worst - putting the hero in that position is a crime against humanity
Example of a good rainbow team order:
Left wing: fast dispeler (dispels riposte and defence buffs so that the next heroes hit harder)
Left flank: attack and defence buffer (the next heroes will hit harder)
Tank: sturdy hero with riposte (he will hurt the opponent’s and will give enough time for the others to charge up)
Right flank: slow AoE hero (he will hit harder thanks to the left side)
Right corner: fast sniper (will hit harder thanks to the left side)
Disclaimer: this is a guide for regular raid defence, it can be viable for wars and tournaments, but it does not take into consideration tournament or war rules.
What do you think about it? Should I create one for 5* heroes?