Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/ Green
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [8th Nov, 2020] - 81st Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

6 Likes

This one is Gunnar bee interesting…

8 Likes

Well, can’t help but notice that all teams have a kvasir somewhere. Gunnar is only tanking in half (and a 6th flank in costume). Curious what the new S4 heroes will add in versatility (not much I guess, only poppy will really be nasty here. Sadly, don’t have her yet. Do have Vollermork, but last bloody battle, I went against him quite some times and didn’t notice his effects… Also helo, but he doesn’t add much, and morris, who I feel is totally ignorable)

1 Like

Wasn’t able to stay away. Here’s mine. I’m interested what limit breaking will do. I think most players will be saving and using on epics and legendaries but I have been concentrating on rares for quite a while.

Was also thinking about moving Kvasir to right flank and replacing Chick and putting Melia at left wing but think that’s too inviting to dark stacks.

10 Likes

Since all your blue hitters are AoE, Gunnar’s costume makes much more sense in this case. Also wing Kvasir not the most effective, since there’s a definite risk the attacker’s Kvasir will go off before yours.

3 Likes

I’m just waiting to see the Aether drop rates from tournament loot and war loot before limit breaking my Blue 3*s. They’re my Challenge Event Rare team, so cGunnar and cUlmer at least will be to level 55. I probably would have already done it if it weren’t for the fact that the next event Avalon reflects Blue.

Welcome back, by the way. Staying for good?

1 Like

Ty @rho, switched as suggested. I also looked at the 9% mana bonus for cGunnar+20 but doesn’t look like there is a break until 10% on defense.

Ty, I’m going to be very casual. I’m ftp but was “spending” too much time on the game.

1 Like

My Gunnar with maxed costumed bonus if fully emblemed but the talent is on the defense and health nodes focused on the original version of the hero. Is it wise to reset the emblems and reemblem him on defense and health nodes on the costume version, or should I level, max and emblem a second copy to do that? The original version has over 700 defense stat with emblems, second only to Grevle fully emblemed on defense.

Personally, I have 2 Gunnars but I also emblem my rares and leave them. Here’s both emblemed and broken if you want to compare. First set is emblemed defense path for regular Gunnar. Second set is emblemed defense for cGunnar

20210625_223125

7 Likes

Maybe something like this? Nordri is my only limit-broken hero (I drag poor little guy against every red titan, so…) His stats are pretty decent so perhaps be a tank here …

I have Gunnar+20 and his costume, but rn I’m more comfortable with more aggressive approach.

5 Likes

I’ll try this

6 Likes

This will be mine, blue event team for the win

7 Likes

There we go

Advice and tips are welcome😁

3 Likes

First I made this:

But then I remembered kvasir, which sort of is a necessity in this format. So:

Reasoning: Gunnar to soak up damage, kvasir for minions and their extra health, bjorn to punish, gato and tyrum for sniping. Slow in the center, avarage/fast flank, and fast wings. Can swap tyrum for agnes, but she’s really squishy, and then it’ll invite a dark stack. Although, bjorn does punish yellow, but yellow has some really good heroes now, with poppy and kvasir… so maybe I do want them to bring dark? Also, tyrum cleansing the probable minion-block from the opponent is also very welcome.

So writing this, I changed it again:

Any flaws in my reasoning?

3 Likes

First draft

2 Likes

thinking of this

2 Likes

Thoughts on this line-up?

1 Like

2nd Draft…Thoughts?

2 Likes

Nordri will be 55 untill the start.

Question: Would Gunnar become more powerful with a non equipped limit broken costume?

2 Likes

I will go with the defense.

Nodri and Valen will be 55 as soon as possible.

I also Have Gunnar with costume at +20 but I think Kvasir is better tank. I also don’t have any other AoE 3* with emblem except Jahanger so C Gunnar might not work well for me.

3 Likes