Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/ Blue
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Jan 12, 2020] 39th Raid Tournament! — 5* Rush Attack, No Ice/Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

1 Like

Blergh my Elena isn’t quite ready for this tourney yet so I think I’ll probably flank her instead of tank. First draft:

Don’t really have ideal options for this one… thought about tanking tell but tell might actually be less survivable than tusk for this one with no blue? My tusk is almost as sturdy and I have better red troops than green (still no 4* green troops in sight)

Benched options:

Obviously tournament not confirmed yet but still would appreciate feedback and thoughts :smile:

@Itty Why Telluria at flank? She really doesn’t do well there. Just wondering because I have the same dilemma.

1 Like

Totally agree with you that flank isn’t the best place for her - not expecting my defense to do well this week, maybe going for a C or a B at best :laughing:

Mostly because she’s the strongest hero in my roster - matchups will be based on the strongest heroes that qualify for the tournament. So I’ve found in the past that not putting those on defense can end badly even if you have other less powerful heroes that make sense for the tournament rules. (Fast hero 5* teams still gonna beat up my slow 4*s even at vfast I’d imagine :laughing:) I think most people will be stacking red, yellow and purple for this tournament. Thinking at vfast she’ll be more viable as flank than usual and tusk can shield her from red tiles. The minion shields and minion damage can really add up too. I guess my other option is skittleskull but she’s much squishier - she is good if she goes off though and at vfast do you think she’d be better than Telluria? :thinking:

Draft 2?

2 Likes

@Itty That totally makes sense and actually is what I’m struggling with as well. I’m thinking of 2 different lineups. The 1st one has my highest emblemed 5* heros (no blue) - team power is 4435. The 2nd one has the lineup I feel will perform best - team power is 4323. Any thoughts on which I should go with?

2 Likes

@Itty Your 1st is probably the better tam for this tournament based on the team power and the fact that Telluria will be a beast to deal with in this tournament.

1 Like

Hmm you have some good options!! :smile: : between those two the 2nd one looks scarier to me (the 100tp difference doesn’t really mean that much to me but kunch will be a beast for this tournament). I do like puss with tell but maybe save that for offense. Zim’s cleanse, hit all and attack boost is always solid too even though she’s already fast. :+1:

1 Like

Will probably go with this - putting joon back in defense, think I do need a sniper and all AOE makes me vulnerable to riposte heroes

1 Like

Too bad my Noor isn’t ready.

1 Like

Confirmed now…

When Az becomes a Gravela :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Thinking maybe this:

8 Likes

I’d swap Red and Kill-her.

I hate this format soooo much :frowning:

Or Grave +19 :person_shrugging:

First thought was this because it’ll be a pain in the ■■■ to get through that middle at vfast.

I’m considering maybe swapping out Delilah and running Mok+0, Kage+0 or Panther+5 on that flank instead, though none are ideal really.

Also considered Kong#2 (+0) instead of the Queen on the right… More damage but potentially less irritating than getting through one taunter just to get tied up in another (and I’m not convinced this defence will be wonderful anyway, so it will at least have to be annoying! :joy:)

Reason being is you’ll want dispel and minion removal if you’re attacking this…
Dispel available is generally going to be in Green (not advisable) or Purple (hence sensible to punish it with two darks) - and minion removal likewise (you wouldn’t bring Gobbler and two darks punishes Grimble).

Hmmmm…

1 Like

Why would you put Grazul in there but not a more heavily emblemed GM?

1 Like

Ah sry thought it was clear that i struggle to pick a red Tank for this tournament :sweat_smile:

Edit: would never pick mono def.

2 Likes

Ahh lol…

I’d probably put one flank yellow and one dark if it was me - right now you’re 100% neutral to 3 different mono attacks (mono red, mono yellow, mono purple).

If you’re throwing lots of positive status effects on yourself, maybe even double dark flanks or one flank one wing (because purple and green have most of the dispellers… And purple has Hel, Alfrike and even Proteus/Merlin - lots of mana control!)

Yeah was planing to put Poseidon on the wing to block that manadudes. Purple is my weekest color in terms of heroes aswell as emblems. Have to chose Domitia, Khiona+5, Obakan +2 or Kunchen there.

Though Kunchen has a good elemental link which would stack with Domitia :thinking:

1 Like

Kunch is just a pain fullstop in this format… Could run well left-flank to Anzogh (defence debuff makes Anz do more damage and therefore more healing)?

Synergies make defences… Individual hero strength matters, but synergy matters a lot.

It’s all made more complicated because your defence is judged based on the highest TP you theoretically could pick for this ruleset… Even if you wouldn’t really want to pick that team, and you often don’t (eg: I have no desire to pick Locke or Ratatoskr for this week)

1 Like