Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2021-08-08T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2021-08-09T08:00:00Z
2021-08-14T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face:
No Holy/ Yellow
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [20th Dec, 2020] - 87th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Holy/ Yellow

Defense teams of the top10 finishers last time. Thx @Randy for collecting this.

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

6 Likes

I guess most of us shall tank Costume Rigard. :rofl:

Thank you for taking on the creation of these and other recurring threads @PlayForFun :smile: Btw, I find your exclusive double dragon and cow pleasing to my eyes. :wink:

1 Like

Last time I ran this:

And got punished with a D or E ranking throughout the week, didn’t improve to B until last day. So rest assured this time I won’t be tanking cRigard again lol. Probably will flank cRigard and do something crazy like cRigard-cTibs-cTibs. There was a single cTibs tank in top 10 last time so it definitely could work.

Edit: Ok maybe blame the ninjas idk, will think more about it once format is confirmed

5 Likes

I was tanking c.Rigard list time… Defence was C throughout the week… Truth to be told, c.Tiburtus and c.Kashrek were flanks, so not the best defence I’m afraid.

This time I might go with something like this:

If I go with c.Rigard tank, them c.Tiburtus and Marcel on flanks to exploit those buffs. Like this:

Looking forward to see some ideas here as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not actual defenses, just the selection of heroes I’m thinking of using this round. I actually think cSabina might be more effective than cRigard. The buff isn’t as strong, but blocking attackers from gaining buffs means all their cMel and cRig are completely ineffective unless they cleanse the block first (or fire before cSabina does). Actually maybe cSabina could be an interesting tank choice… :thinking:

1 Like

Or costume Sabina. Her second buff is immunity to dispels :wink:

2 Likes

I think you might be thinking of Brynhild, cSabina’s second skill blocks enemies from gaining buffs, which is actually just as useful for this format. She doesn’t have the tankiest build but she will turn all the cMel and cRigs into nothing more than dead weight, and BT/Kiril also just become mediocre healers.I guess Brynhild could be a good counter to her though.

I don’t have Sabina’s costume. :sweat_smile:

I’m thinking on these three possible setups. :thinking:

I’m leaning towards the last setup, since C Mel can provide a second buff.

I have both C Tibs +0 and C Caedmon +0, but cannot spare any emblems for either…

Any constructive feedback appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been considering this

Limit broken costume Kiril is my tankiest 4 star, and if people stack green for him at least they are weak against the next 2. Plus he should be able to overwrite the most common attk/def up buffs.

Wilbur and Shadereave are about maximising the buffs on my team.

Then proteus and Tiburtus on the wings.

I am susceptible to a green or blue stack, but with no yellow allowed I think will see a lot of them anyway regardless of what lineup I pick

2 Likes

Possibly, I don’t have costume Sabina so can’t check. I thought she gave Buff dispell immunity also…?

Brynhild is a great tank option tho too

1 Like

3 Likes

Trying this team

2 Likes

I like the last, but instead of Sabina I would put some hitter - c.Rigard and Brynhild are more than enough for healing and bufs. Because Brynhild will speed up things, that hitter could ne even slow.

1 Like

I’ll try with gormek+7 then

Thinking I will be using this set up. I think Brynhild plays well at flank. Red has some good buffers but lack a dispeller. Plus first time I get to play with the ninja family bonus.

Good buffing luck everyone!

1 Like

Brynhild prevents allies from being dispelled.
C Sabina prevents enemies from gaining new buffs.

Maybe i should just rollout all my healers… C Sabina - Boldtusk - C Rigard - Brynhild - Aodhan :rofl:
on second thought…:thinking:

1 Like

Just going with this. Could probably use a dark tank but in the last times my defense got destroyed regardless of what I used, so now something a little bit different from the expected.

1 Like

My Def team

1 Like

So a couple of things I’ve been thinking with my earlier line up I posted. Not sure about if want Tiburtus, getting the def down from 2 sources already.

If keeping to the purple I could use either him, Gafar+18, Merlin+1, normal Rigard +18, or costume Rigard ( as I am still working on depth I have one rigard levelled each way, for the normal costume side is only 4/1 and for costumed normal is 4/1 as I feel more maxed heroes is still more important for me at this stage)

If going any colour I could use Caedmon +20, Peters +18, Sapphire +18, Sonya +13, Sumle+20, Lancelot, Sumitomo or Colen.

Another option I have is to replace Shadereave with Boldtusk +18, it’s less buffs but more survivability.

1 Like

Any Suggestion???

1 Like