Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-12-20T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-12-21T08:00:00Z
2020-12-26T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face:
No Holy/ Yellow
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [10 May, 2020] - 55th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Holy/Yellow

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

9 Likes

Looks like I have a lot of options for this one, should be smart to pick the best one. This is my initial idea:

c.Rigard and c.Tiburtus are obvious choices for the center, 95% sure that c.Tib should be left flank, not a tank. Key question: should I put Ametrine for the test ride? I like her offensively. With her in the team I’d add c.Kashrek, for the over-heal, because she needs some time. And she dispells. Sonya as a primary dispeller.

But, there are other options. Kiril+20 instead of Sonya for a heavy heal, heavy buff team? :thinking:
Here are the heros that could perform well next week, and I have them:

All ideas are very much appreciated. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d actually favor tanking cTibs instead of cRigard. Yes yes buff boost but all the attackers need is one dispeller and cRigard becomes a tile dump. Whereas if cTibs goes off and their cleanser isn’t ready yet even slash attacks are gonna do 200+ damage each.

2 Likes

Would you just switch their places and leave the rest of it as is? What you’re saying makes sense, c.Tib+20 should fire unless the attacker has an exceptionally good board.

Yes I think that’d be smart, plus you have more emblems on cTibs anyway so I bet he’s actually tankier than cRigard. (mine is, cTibs+18 has 801 def and 1246 HP, while cRigs+9 only has 759 def and 1343 HP)

I’d also probably put Ametrine on flank, because if cTibs fires (80% chance), then Ametrine even on 1st charge will really hurt. If she fires on 2nd charge after cRig’s buff, she could take out 3 heroes all by herself!

Maybe Sonya-cRig-cTibs-Ametrine-Caedmon? Double dispel is always good in buff, or you could replace Caed with Hansel for some mana control.

1 Like

I have too many options that i dont really know what to set. I know that i dont want to go so passive. I want buff but i want fire power too and some heal.

Gormek is nice but overlaps c.tibs. My other hit to three red is scarlett but shes too squishy

1 Like

I think Brynhild is a must in buff booster with her 3 buffs.

Probably best with her next to cRigard since she makes those around her undispellable

3 Likes

1st draft…

2 Likes

Slap Wilbur instead Kasshrek. You get def buff + share dmg for all instead buffs for 3, while also debuffing all enemies. I know they can bring Grimm, but honestly, from Rigard attack buff + def down shared on top of buff boost, they die in 2 seconds… Also, you got cleanse :wink:

@jinbatsu you are really inviting a green stack, which has some good heroes to counter…

I did really well in the no-green 4* buff booster. ⚔ [27th Sept, 2020] - 75th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green - #119 by WaVe

Let’s see if I can replicate that success with no yellow.
This is the autodefense, which isn’t that bad:

But I prefer 2 purple, and 1 each of red/green/blue.

So:

Or do kiril (or c-kiril?) and scarlet and then caedmon?

Too many options… Any suggestions?

And who on tank?

2 Likes

First up this:

Credits to @Randy as usual

9 Likes

Ah, I’m not sure about Wilbur, blue army has some really good counters for him - Sonya, Kiril, even Grimm. Was more comfortable to invite some reds, that’s why Kashrek in the first line. He’s quite beefy, and might survive the initial attacks.

There’s going to be a lot of thinking today, might drop the idea of Ametrine, and just stick to good old heros, strong with buffs. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I have way too damn many choices, here are some rough first drafts:

(Sapphire will hopefully be up 3 talents before the tourney begins depending on my final ranking in the ninja tower)

These are really more meant to illustrate the hero choices I have rather than a really well thought out defense. Couple points:

• I almost feel obligated to use two ninjas on defense if I use Ametrine (definitely will) just for that small chance to dodge
  • I know it’s buff boost, but I still want to work Proteus in there somehow in lieu of cRigs. If Proteus fires the attacker is pretty hosed unless they brought two cleansers and put them in the two corners
  • One advantage of having cRigs over Proteus is the attackers must now bring both a dispeller and cleanser to counter both cTibs and cRigs
  • Still want to work Hansel in there somehow, mana control is never not useful
  • Is dispel really necessary? Attackers could just time their specials…

Any and all thoughts suggestions welcomed. roster below.

@Slobix @WaVe @JAWS1 @ApollosEmpire

3 Likes

Your Rigard is tankier, but I feel like cTibs is still the bigger threat at tank because if he goes off, the attackers need to cleanse that debuff immediately or else they’re almost guaranteed to lose a hero if another hitter fires. Yes if cRigs goes off the slash attacks will hurt plenty bad, but I still feel it’s not quite as lethal as a defense debuff.

oops, correct… I would replace it with scarlett I think, thanks…

LoL
You have even more choices than me, and I’m still not convinced what to do, despite some good comments I’ve got. :joy:
But I would definitely go with c.Rigard - he’s your only buffer. Either him, or some from this wider choice - Kiril, Melendor, Boldtusk. My experience says buffs really make a difference. In this format, Rigard seems like the best choice.

2 Likes

Well, 8/10 of last top10 tanked rigard… And none tibs… So, with rigard being tankier, I’ll go with rigard, and tibs in flank. If he hits with rigards buff active, that will hurt! Now for the rest:

Green: c-mel or caedmon? Both highly emblembed. C-mels gives extra heal and defesive buff, caedmon is fast and does good damage…
Blue: kiril, c-kiril, sonya, or triton?
Red: my strongest options are boldtusk and wilbur at +18… but BT overlaps with rigard, and wilbur with mel and tibs… Other options are colen at +7 or Scarlett at +4 (could emblem her to +15 if I deplete my rogue-stack)

3 Likes

You can set

Sonya-C.mel.c.rig-tibs-scarlett

It would have buffs(attk and def) , heal, dispel and some aoe with tiburtus and scarlett

3 Likes

I’ll try it with this team

3 Likes