No Nature/ Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [20 Feb, 2022] - 148th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

Buff booster, huh? Sounds like Zircon’s time has come. Unreliable on defense but his buffs are handy. Of course good ol’ Krampus is still good option.

Kinda funny though that last tourney with 5* and no green had a red 4* tank for top defense …

1 Like

I believe it was pre-nerf for Ferrant. But still looks strange.

Actually, there are a few from the top defenses nerfed since the tourney.

A good variety of defenses are in the previous top 10, so there’s options on setting our def

I have no illusions about how I’ll do this tournament, so I’m throwing caution to the wind and experimenting. Never done dual taunters before, certainly not next to each other, so let’s see how this goes!

The problem with putting 2 taunters next to each other is that a hit 3 or chain attacker will hit both if they’re both taunting

1 Like

I tried Zircon as tank back in Feb when this same format came around and did rather poorly.

I’m going with Krampus this time. I have Miriam and Midnight but am lacking 1 telescope, or I’d use her as tank.

I was thinking going with this:

2 Likes

I’m going with this. I don’t have any blue tank material, Azmia propably would be my best choice but I dont have her levelled :frowning: Hoping cFinley will do his job if opponent plans to use many buffs against me.

1 Like

First thought (in last minutes)

It’s gonna be a very painful week…

These 4-1 tournament first days are becoming repetitive :joy:

Same VF attack team all 5 matches - Onyx - Khonshu - Hannah - cVictor - Grazul. Not many buffs, but 6 Dark tiles is usually enough to win. Will continue using this unless I face a Dark tank.

The single loss was against a double Gargoyle team

Couldn’t charge anyone before Krampus fired. Onyx removed the taunt but Goseck + 50% attack up is a killer. Still managed to kill everyone but the Gargoyles so not a total loss.

Don’t expect much from my defense in 5* tournaments, and it’s already 0-2 :sweat_smile:

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Oh lord oh lord, I don’t know what I was thinking (clearly I was not thinking) when I made my defense team. Although it’s 1-2, I regret it. Oh well haha

Day 1
O: 5-0
D: 1-2

Offence went surprisingly well. For the first 3 I did mono yellow, but then the 4th one had a yellow tank so I decided to switch to 3x Purple (Sartana / Khepri / Louhi / Viv / Gulli), and I managed to win them too. Not the best starting boards but definitely are not bad on any of them. In none of them did I immediately start and think “oh sh**, I better just flee” haha.

6 Likes

So far so good.

Offense = 5-0
Defense = C (not tested yet)

I am Top 5% with 3,393 points at the end of the day. All the teams I faced are above 650 points but below 700 points. So I did the best I could and now hoping for my defense to shine.

Offense team is Wu Kong, C-Kiril, C-Boldtusk, Proteus, C-Rigard. So it can be done with emblemed and LB’ed 4*. However I only put Proteus in the first attack battle because defense had two yellows. But his stopping mana has saved me so many times…especially when I face 4500-4600 TP teams and my team is just below 4400 TP.

On defense, Wu Kong, C-Kiril, Richard +20 (but no LB yet), Boril (max defense path), and Grimm. TBD how well it’ll hold up. But I hope the Wu plus 4 blues will do the trick.

Best of luck, everyone, on Day 1! I don’t want to say anything else about my performance, because I’m afraid I’m going to jinx myself.

6 Likes

Day 1:

O: 5-0
D: 2-0

good start to the week for me, my 5* roster is pretty shabby compared to some peoples, so it’s never very tough to start the week. 3 (c)Elena tanks and 2 purple tanks, which i switched between blue mono and 3-1-1 yellow stack depending, but always with Krampus. speaking of which, this is my defense, set this and then meant to go back and rethink it but forgot:

and it’s doing well so far so yay! cMarj punishes stacking blue of course, Devana for dispel, YM for HotM family bonus which counts as a buff to everybody, plus the self stack. i imagine she starts to hit pretty darn hard if you don’t take her out pretty quick. currently in 5% with 3562 points, rank 29032.

good luck on day 2 everyone!

5 Likes

Wow I’m shocked, so far :

O : 10-0 (5-0, 5-0)
D : 1-1 (E) currently B

My defense is :

I’m still not ok with facing top dog defs since day 2, day 1 was fairly easy with exception of last def I faced, but it wasn’t the top top dog defense.
This day started with first 3 flags against very hardcore defs - flags 1 and 3 against the same person.
Playing 4-1 and sometimes 3-1-1. And I take 1 healer only, because I take mostly dodge/taunt as 2nd support.

These are the defs of day 2 :

Hawkthorn tank is dangerous as hell, but board was favorable twice, cause I faced this def on flags 1 and 3. 2 wins with barely any firing of the heroes in defense.
Went with D’Andre, Athena, Drake, Inari, Kara. My yellows can withstand some damage with luck, if I manage to fire them, so it’s on ok combo of blind/dodge/taunt. Kind of surprised I didn’t take Mitsuko against this, but didn’t need her.

Another favorable board, barely anyone fired. Took C Kiril, Frida, Alasie, Sobek, Kara.

Not as hard as previous defs and not a blue tank.
Little harder starting board, but I was able to work it out before Horus’ 2nd fire.
Went with CB Rigard, Athena, Viscaro, Kara, Arfanias.

This one was the easiest, tile dump Krampus is not that dangerous imo.
Went with Alex, Frida, Alasie, Skadi, Inari.

3 days of no loose on attack would be a miracle with what I’m facing, but who knows.

4 Likes

Ah the fickleness of defense… from an E on day 1 with two losses, to an A so far on day 2 with 3 wins… who knows where it will end up, but likely not an A or an E lol

5 Likes

Day 2 started fairly easily. A cKrampus tank and then a Krampus one. Used the same 4 Dark - 1 Red and won both despite not so great boards.

Yesterday I said I would only switch teams if I faced Dark tanks. Well, a Khufu tank is an exception. Switched to 4 Blues (cKiril - Pengi 80 - Krampus - Pengi 85) + cVictor. Luckily managed to kill Khufu with tiles and managed to beat the other S5 heroes despite losing cVictor.

Match 4 was definitely the toughest by far

Clicked immediately on the spot where the reroll button should have been :rofl: Decided to roll the dice and go mono Dark despite the Bastet tank. Anne and Alucard fired but somehow barely won it.

Last match was a mono Blue defense with a Miriam and Midnight tank. Continued going mono and was an easier win this time.

Defense was an acceptable C (2-3) after Day 1, but down to E (2-6) at the moment. Hopefully it will turnaround again later

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-3 (C) 3341 500 3841
2 9-1 2-6 (E) 7632 7632

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Five star tournaments are almost always rough for me. The surprise is that my defense:

is 5-2 (A) so far.
I’ve been running the same team with Zuri swapped for Khagan as my offensive team which went fine for day 1 (5-0), but was not so good today (2-3), though thankfully no zeros. Lots of S5 heroes I don’t recognize with a smattering of gargoyles and Krampus. I don’t care enough about this tournament to actually study the specials to see what they will do before it happens, so that leads to some surprising results. I’m still not sure what this one did to me…

4 Likes

Day 1 went 5-0 offense, not really any close calls. Defense just barely was A, but now it’s a C, 4-6.

I had a chance to be at the top 100 for today, but I scored 0 on my last hit (4-1). It was against a Khufu tank, I went 2-2-1 (Prof-cLepus-Hulda-cFinley-Kara), didn’t get any of them firing before Khufu, and also flank 2cObakan fired after Khufu just to clean up Khufu’s mess.

Total score is 7700, I got about 765 points per win so that would’ve been enough for #30. But not this time :smiley:

4 Likes

Five star buff booster where I can use red really is my favourite tournament type.

Defence is A,B (probably)
Offence is 9&1

Attack team is same every hit so far. JF, Baldur, Anzogh, Seshat, Grazul.

With all the buffs from JF and elemental links plus Baldurs own ones his overhealth hit is clocking in over 400dmg a turn.

5 Likes

So, day 1 i went 5-0 but 1-5 on Defense haha.
Day 2 I went 3-2 and so far defense still has not been attacked so it’s still 1-5, a big fat E

3 Likes