Will this trio hold up in Platinum?

Yeah, it will be a while before I can actually make that happen. I’m still leveling BT, and waiting for a compass for Brynhild. I’m kinda torn between ascending Brynhild or Sonya next. My current maxed heroes are Rigard (just the costume, the original is still at 4.1), Mist, and Grimm. Caedmon and BT are ascended, but not maxed yet.

I may take Sonya to the max next and use her costumed version as a tank. I can always go to Telly, but the beauty of the game is the versatility of style. If I drop down to gold, my feelings won’t be hurt lol

While we’re on the subject, is there any particular reason why people usually run a rainbow defense team, other than not having the attackers stack against them? If I want Sonya and Grimm on my defense, what am I risking?

The main risk really is stacking. I usually like to raid on teams that have more than one of the same color. Most of the time it’s a sure win, unless the board sucks bigtime.

1 Like

Yeah mainly it provides a stacking opportunity for the attacker, especially if one of the two is the tank. Then he is stronger against both tank and one other hero.

If you do use two same colour don’t place them beside each other. That exposes them both to boosted attack from strong gems, say a horizontal match.

1 Like

Love the idea and will trial a variant for field aid wars.

1 Like

If you have them, can you please let me know how it worked out?

Understood. I just prefer to use Mist on the offense, because I feel like her special is better when timed. The only yellows I have passable for a legit sniper in Platinum is Malosi, but I’m not really working on him since I don’t have the mats to ascend him all the way…and his special is better when timed, too.

Leveling Hansel atm. The variant I was thinking was using Brynhild as a left flank for Ariel. Feel like that would be super annoying

1 Like

Yeah some heroes because of timing or targeting issues are just bad on defense. I have Malosi but I would never put him on defense because his special would be wasted most of the time.

1 Like

I seem to be lucky on snipers in blue. Just pulled a Triton. Would Chao qualify as a legit sniper? Going against him, I never really run into trouble, more like a nuisance.

1 Like

LOL that pretty much describes all the 4* S1 yellows on defense. The best of them is probably Li Xiu, especially costumed.

I do have her, but she’ll probably have to wait until Wu is done. Even then, other than annoying, she’s hardly a threat. I can only ascend 1 yellow when I get a compass, and I’m not sure yet if I want to spend it on her. If I don’t get a better yellow soon, I’ll ascend Wu (right now, we are on 6*-8* titans, so he’s not hurting for an ascension or anything.

Yeah her only advantage is the mana drop to all but it’s not really much. Maybe one tile, two if hero is slow. Useful if opponent already charged to delay firing by a turn or two. But again, timing.