Who's your Monk - Wilbur or Wu Kong

And the defense buff/debuff

His stats focusing on health and defense.

1 Like

It’s because i also have gobbler.
With the christmas heroes all making minions, and the new thorn minions available to the fighter class, i thought a full lagoon family (15% attack bonus) including gobbler might be useful.
So i have spent my emblems on the lagoon family, including wilbur.

1 Like

That makes sense for sure. I didn’t get gobbler… Managed a couple rudolphs… Byt that’s here nor there.

Count me in as another vote for Wilbur.

I see him being useful for a very long time to come, and in need of buffed stats for better survival on higher-star titans, and challenging events. Plus I love raiding with him.

Wu is great too, it’s just that attack buffs ultimately don’t matter if your heroes are dead, and Wilbur addresses that well. There’s also the (extremely unlikely) chance of getting Tarlak to effectively replace Wu, whereas there’s not really a replacement for Wilbur.

7 Likes

Thanks you @zephyr1. That’s definitely great reasoning. Had not thought of that…

1 Like

I had same question about WK/Wilbur. Would anyone consider taking WK the heath/armor route so he doesn’t die so fast? If that helped keep him alive, id say WK but I am not sure how his stats would look after the upgrades.

1 Like

I’m leaning Wilbur myself, being he does have grwat buffs and will def help wu survive.

Still need 2 more emblems… So I still have time to change my mind lol.

1 Like

Great points, I was leaning towards Wu before reading this because he’s more fragile than Wilbur but now I’m in the Wilbur camp.

2 Likes

The nice thing is, is it’s not overly expensive to change mind if we find we want to go the other way.

Like on Who's your Monk - Wilbur or Wu Kong - #14 by Ray008 peoples are suggesting Wilbur.

2 - 0 for Wilbur :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, @FraVit93. Merged.

3 Likes

Both are excellent, hard decision but i would go with wilbur. :slight_smile:

@KLinMayhem thanks can you help me calculate 2% mana recovery speed for very fast Victor with 4* mana troops?

I understand for vf mana, you can get to 6 tiles with lvl11 mana troops. Is if possible to get to this at lvl10 troops with this class up? Just trying to understand if this makes any difference, thanks.

You need a total of 9% Mana bonus to bring any very fast hero down to 6 tile charging.

According to the chart below, a lvl 5 Mana troop gives you 7% Mana. Victor’s talent grid gives you 2% Mana.

line_136535751328778

There ya go. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m doing WK first.
The main reason for it is I don’t have Tarlak so WK is in my every titan team.

And Wilbur has enough survivability as it is.

But yea, I’m also torn between WK and Wilbur, as Wilbur is my favourite hero in most of the activities (except on defense).

2 Likes

Wilbur just got my very first emblem upgrade. :smile:

2 Likes

Wilbur. Its the best one

1 Like

I personally will empower Wu Kong until he wouldn’t die in one hit (minus axe attack’s debuff) and than work on Wilbur.

Monk’s feature and his capstone isn’t so important to my titan’s teams.

2 Likes

I hesitated between Drake and Tarlak, but I think I’ll opt for Tarlak, I guess I’ll go for the branch that gives him the most shield and life