[WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes

Oh man, @Luiii, please send a message to your goverment if it ticks you off where money goes down the toilet. Followed the whole discussion and still dont get it, havent found the point where @Guvnor is promoting spending money on the game, which seem to me is the core of all these repeating accusations, its just a helpful and interesting story about his own spending and the outcome of it. And honest, many others give us false info on their spending imo (not that (all) that really matters) Didnt wanna join in here, but thats just too weird and misguided. No native speaker, so please dont attack me for misspelling words :fox_face:

5 Likes

We all came into terms that I am jelaous of this guy because I have no money. Its all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Souds like a solution :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Have medium money but dont look up or down in the part of life. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Guvnor - I really appreciate the effort and actual costs that you have borne to get your panther…
This post shall be basically included into terms for this game we all had signed in the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on Panther and thank you for putting all the data together and sharing it with us.

I assume many people are chasing certain hero’s like Ursena or Panther or Grave and have never considered what it actually takes at the given odds to get a hero.

I couldn‘t imagine spending so much on a game in one month, but that‘s a personal thing.

AND even as there are more than 10 5* out I would love to have, I can still have fun in the game with my existing team and that is what it should be about: Less frustration for hero’s you don‘t have and more fun with the ones in your roster. Maybe your detailed posts helps people to understand chances and risks of the summons better than by plainly trying out.

Humans are no good in interpreting probability numbers they need real life examples like the +200 cups of coffee :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I found this extremely useful.

And I believe it is useful to a lot of people to bring them back to the reality of how harsh chasing heroes (particularly next month’s Jean-Francois) is going to be.

Thank you @Guvnor for this wonderful thread!

3 Likes

I wish these guys that have such a gripe against what people do with there money online, had such a big voice in the outside world. Where it can gather actual live responses from onlookers.

Go to a drug dealers house and tell him how selling drugs is bad and will ruin the lives of thousands, show them clips of people in jail, homeless, unable to land a good job and tell them the police need to stop this.

Go to a buffet, and anyone they deem to be obese, begin a live dictation of their eating habits and have plenty of film of diseases like diabetes and heart conditions and remove the unhealthy plate of food from of them.

Go to any United States police station and tell them how anyone carrying a gun is a criminal and that guns should be outlawed. Show footage of police shootings and cops getting off after killing unarmed Americans.

I would also like a comprehensive data report of your findings, audience reaction, and the overall sentiment expressed by those involved and those you deemed worthy of your complaints.

I have my popcorn ready, this might win an Academy Award.

4 Likes

Odds are chaotic and that’s why they are a gamble, and not definitive. Setting a budget in relation to odds is genuinely problematic in itself. The continuous mention of “My choice, my budget” seems defensive in which there is a fear of judgement, alluding to the possibility of a gambling problem, also mentioned more than once. The calculations are possibilities and not set in stone, therefore it’s my opinion that they shouldn’t be studied. Im not a math wiz, but would someone calculate the odds of NOT pulling GP after 250 spins? Because that is also possible.

1 Like

All that’s been calculated already

And it is their budget, their choice so…wth? Lol

Btw gambling is only a problem if it can’t be done responsibly, no matter how you slice it

Zero personal attacks. All my opinion. I welcome discussion with admins.

Edit: I overlooked the who was being replied to. Apologies

He wasnt replyin to u…

1 Like

Apologies…new and learning the format

1 Like

Totally agree.

I apreciate much more this post rather then your average Joe screaming he has got Panther with a free Token, then you see his deck and he has 8 Vela, 3 Owl, 4 Kongs and a whole army of Jackals.

Misleading hope is much more harmful then an unpleasant truth.

7 Likes

Just a reminder to keep it civil, there’s merit in the OP, it would be a shame for it to become a flag frenzy and get closed.

Avoid commenting on other people’s character and motivation.

5 Likes

Thank you @Guvnor

I appreciate that you put yourself out there knowing that your post would attract vitriol.

I had chased Kage when he first appeared, hoping to give him to myself as a birthday present (that was my justification), as the summons went by I consoled myself with how expensive my alternative options as a self gift would (could) have been. At the end of the day, I spent more than on many vacations and did NOT summon Kage at any point in those two Atlantis portals. I had a budget and then violated that budget, three months later my employer cut 1/4 of the workforce and my area was eliminated and I desperately wished I had the money back.

BUDGETS are very important and need to be set BEFORE the summoning begins. All of us WILL look for excuses to continue once the budget is spent if the hero being chased hasn’t been summoned yet.

(Kage eventually joined nine months later as a non-featured hero from Atlantis that I did from Atlantis coins earned through playing, go figure).

4 Likes

@Guvnor

I think he’s talkin to you and you’re flagworthy ways…we’re goin to have to ask you to calm down sir…

4 Likes

I’m all about allowing the conversation to flow as much as possible and resisting my natural urges…

3m7htx

this is actual footage of @DaveCozy during moderator training

7 Likes

If i resisted my natural urges you’d have nothing to do with yours

You’re welcome for my services lol

3 Likes

Natural urges are exactly what @Guvnor did not succumb to in this post as he set personal boundaries and stayed within those parameters of his budget.

@Rigs I think you’re on topic now technically.

1 Like

Even a broken clock is right twice a day lol

1 Like