Waiting for better heroes?

Since the lousy Anzogh is my only red, I decided to maxed him in no time and he help my team stay in diamond.
Currently working with Kunchen at final tier and Rumplestiltskin at 3rd tier. Both are deem not good enough but I believe the best heroes are those available in our roster.

4 Likes

Kunchen is absolutely amazing

He is the tank of choice across a lot of diamond

12 Likes

Although I agree the game can come with frustrations, I do play with little to no regrets. It can be costly & im sitting on 12+ hero’s awaiting ascension items.
That said, this game also shows you statistics as to your pulls & they’re not very high on getting 4*/5* hero’s. In that respect, it’s a game of chance & luck. Check the statistics.

1 Like

Exactly. But I remember back in April, a lot of gamers are complaining about his slow mana but look at him now, challenging Guin atop the tank leaderboard.
I am maxing him because he is my most viable purple besides Quintus and Obakan.

3 Likes

Nowadays, I am playing with lower expectation. Accept whichever heroes as they comes.
Never mind the statistic. The chances of getting a good heroes are all down to RnG Gods…opps randomness.
After all, it’s just a game. And a game should be fun.

3 Likes

Waiting for Godot, er, Gravemaker

I agree.

Right now I have both at 5* 3.70 and they are fun. Especially farming.

Luck, roster and emblems

My advice is usually 2x rainbow 3* 3.50 team
then
3x to 4x rainbow 4* 3.60 team
then
2x to 3x rainbow 4* 4.70 team
then
2x rainbow 5* 3.70 teams
then
using 4* ascension items.

But it depends on your luck, roster, and emblems,

No hoarding, no remorse

I try to practice no hoarding, no remorse.

If I get Ariel tomorrow, I can level Ariel.

But I will not sit on a bunch of good blue 5* heroes after I have 4x blue 4* 3.60 and 2x or 3x blue 4* 4.70 .

4* 4.70 heroes are 48% of a 5* 4.80 Hero XP and 50% of the 3* ascension items.

But.

They are no 5* hero. So I try to save enough ascension items for one of each color 5* hero, but use the rest.

Perfect is the enemy of the Good

Armed forces are taught to fight with the forces they have, not the ones they want.

Gravemaker may be better than Khagan, but Khagan is a perfectly usable hero.

Do not get me started on Prisca.

“Forum itus”

I find an interesting disconnect between the vocal people on the forum, and the non forum users.

I am always surprised with how much the non forum users love Thoth-Amon, Margaret, Khagan, etc.

It seems like the people who love these “lesser” 5* heroes enjoy playing with them because they do get to play with them. It becomes a toy they enjoy.

It seems like the people who most vocally complain want another hero. Every time they see Gravemaker mentioned, or on defense, they realize their Khagan is not as useful as Gravemaker.

While counterproductive for a forum user/ Beta tester, ignorance seems to lead to happiness for more players.

Especially with the scarcity of 4* ascension items, and 5* heroes, for the average account ( that is a totally different rant ).

It seems like the equivalent of pre med students who see diseases everywhere compared to the bar worker who first asks if you are hung over from drinking the night before.

Costumes

I am holding on to 12 of each 4* ascension item due to costumes.

I needed 16 Trap tools when classes came out ( Rigard, Proteus, Tiburtus, Sabina) and I expect a lopsided need for 4* ascension items when costumes come out.

Knowing my luck, I will need 12 telescopes and 12 Tabards when costumes are introduced.

Hopefully if costumes need 4* ascension items, the Devs will add more ways to get 4* ascension items and 5* heroes.

FIN

12 Likes

work with what you have! waiting for “better heroes” may take you anywhere since they might never come

5 Likes

I agree.
But it makes sense to wait a little bit longer if you intend to do some pulls in the upcoming events.
I have both Anzogh and Thoth and both are waiting at 2/60.
I intend to do a 10-pull on the next Teltoc. So it makes sense to wait and see if i have the penultimate chance of landing Panther.
If i don’t, Thoth will get to 3/70 while i wait for more tabards.
I also am 1 day away from a 10-pull in my TC20. It makes sense to wait and see if a « better » red hero shows itself before ascending Anzogh
So if you plan to do more pulls in the real short-term, you could wait a bit more.
Otherwise, have fun with your roster and don’t look back

8 Likes

I’ll echo @Gryphonknight ‘s ‘forum-itis’ observation. Depending on the forum is not the best route to go when deciding if a hero is good or not.

A good example is Drake. Right now, he’s a hot commodity. Everyone is trying to pull him from Atlantis. I remember the threads when he was released as HOTM. The forum consensus was he didn’t hit hard enough. Blind? They’d rather had Joon who blinded AND hit harder. Artwork? Trash. Name? How stupid.

I suggest the forum ‘advice’ be taken as personal opinions and not word of law. Look at the hero for yourself. See how s/he fits with your other heroes. Play with what you have.

On that note I’ll mention that I’ve actually found a possible use for Atomos. All things are possible :laughing:

16 Likes

@Aunty, you could wait FOEVER for that “better” hero. Play with what the game gives you now. You can always reset emblems, level new 5*’s (yes waiting on the AM’s does suck) but why keep waiting? Heck the top heroes of today could be the worst heroes in a year. Buffs and nerfs do occur.
So my suggestion, for what it’s worth (a nickel according to the lovely bride), is stop waiting!! Use what best for your team right now. RNG loves that too, as soon as you max Anzogh here comes GM :joy:. So it’s a win/win in that department too. Good luck in whatever you decide!!

7 Likes

If it’s going to help you titan, raid, and war today, then what you have now is the best… it’s all an investment towards acquiring and ascending new heroes in the future, whenever and whatever they are.

Also, I like kadilen :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Kad is underrated, yeah.

9 Likes

I remember when people was saying (back in february) that Kunchen is “The worst HOTM ever”, “A HOTM worse than Aegir” (Aegir wasn’t buffed yet), “A purple Vivica wannabe”, among many other bad things about him lol. He’s considered one of the best tanks now. I also maxed Anzogh. I had doubts about giving him rings but he’s not as bad as people say. Anzogh is a good flank.

@Aunty You’re doing the right thing. And I never read hero guides for that reason tbh. Guides are just personal opinions. You’re the one who’s playing the game, not the guys who write those guides so you should have fun playing and experimenting with your heroes. You should judge 5* heroes based on the roster you have at the moment. Max the 5* that will help you get more mats in events, stay in diamond arena, and kill titans faster.

Bottom line, have fun. It’s a game afterall :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I just noticed I repeated a part of what Perillin said :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Anzogh was always worthy, you put too much stock into what the haters said about him I guess?

Thoth isn’t the greatest but also not the worst. He’s a fast purple. I haven’t ascended mine because I do spend a fair amount and he’s been passed by Seshat and Ursena and maybe Boss Wolf. But for anybody who doesn’t wanna spend a lot he’s certainly more than useable.

Kadilen is quite useable as well imo.

7 Likes

Huh? Anzogh, Rumple and Kunchen are perfectly good. Not sure where you read they weren’t. Don’t believe everything that you read.

F2P and C2P sometimes our way too much stock into what big spenders say sometimes. Just because a guy with 8 fully levelled red legendaries doesn’t think Anzogh isn’t amazing doesn’t mean F2P or C2P should hesitate to ascend him!

Gotta shake my head sometimes at these people who choose not to level their most powerful characters because of what someone they’ve never met said on the internet

Waiting only makes sense if you’re planning to do significant amounts of pulls in the future. If you do 40 Atlantis pulls every month then sure, wait before ascending below average legendaries. If you’re not pulling a lot then waiting is just retarding your own progress and strength. I guess the other time it makes sense to wait is if you wanna focus on 4* for a while for war depth.

8 Likes

Please wait 4eva.
Every weak competitor is a good competitor. :wink:

3 Likes

According to the past feedback from this forum, Anzogh was bad ; he doesn’t hit hard enough neither does he heal good enough.
Kunchen was also a bad hotM due to his slow mana. Rumpel was a trash because his special is something we can’t control.
But since those are my only viable legendary heroes, I go ahead and level them. A decision I never regret!
Kadilen is another bad legendary hero but I decided to bring her to 3 70 for war depth and she just helped me to wipe out a fully emblem 4 * team of the opposite with her fast mana.

With 4 maxed 5 *( 4 at 3 70), 21 of 4 * (7 at 3 60) and 7 of 3 * for events, I guess it’s about time to mess around with the big guns for more fun.
If I had waited for the likes of Mitsuoka, GM, Guin or Kage, I may still lurking in platinum and get lesser raid loots.

At the end of the day, the best heroes are those available in our roster. Go ahead with ones that suit our playing style.

12 Likes

According to who? I think @FraVit93 and I were pretty consistent in saying that he’s solid but not earth-shattering.

You can find just about any opinion on any hero if you look hard enough. Whose opinion do you trust?

7 Likes

@Garanwyn
Yeah. Both of you are indeed consistent about Anzogh usability but there are other in Anzogh’s topic who mentioned about maxing Anzogh is a waste. I even asked the forumer if he/she actually own Anzogh but no reply.
Lazy to dig thorough the forum though…lol.
I myself too think that Anzogh is a mediocre hero for a hotM but went ahead to maxed him because he is my only red option.
With the right buffer, he turn into a better hero and I’d been able to hold cups overnight ever since.

5 Likes