šŸŽ² [v1] Alchemy Lab FAQ, Discussion & Alkashard Calculator

Good job, I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks

1 Like

Thatā€™s very helpful, thanks! That largely reaffirms where Iā€™ve been at with it.

I think the only difference in where we landed is this:

I have unevenness in my mat inventory too ā€” but youā€™re willing to spend the resources and gems on that. Iā€™m not.

But I think weā€™re mostly on the same page in evaluating the value of Alkashards and the general usefulness of Alchemy Lab, and have both arrived at the conclusion that it only really makes sense if you want to invest the resources required for AL9-10.

I think most players wonā€™t want to spend there gems/food there, but Iā€™m sure there will be plenty who do.

3 Likes

In about 9.5 hours, I will see whatā€™s in the 9-10. Iā€™ve done it twice, giving me no 4* mats for AL9 and 10 gave me a tonic and telescope from the rings I put in it.

6 Likes

I may have found a use for me for the alchemy lab:

Drumroll:
Converting battle items!

Iā€™m always low on iron since the introduction of stronghold 21 and all the new buildings. But it want to craft ā€œa fewā€ axes, arrows, mana potions and bombattacks for ranking during events.
So I can use my food to create healing potions to turn into 2 star or possible later on 3 star battle items.

So alchemy lab can fix the problem of low iron (due to building the alchemy lab) by spending lots of food to save a bit of iron!

2 Likes

Did you also invent a perpetual motion machine? :thinking:

I wanted to be convinced about the merits of using Alchemy Lab for this, but the last time I looked at it, I just couldnā€™t figure out any way it made sense:

2 Likes

I would like some way to use my 38k common herbs though!

I must say I am very disappointed in the Alchemy Lab. Expensive to build, research and use. I have started it, but it will go to the end of the queue after level 1. And I certainly wonā€™t be researching every level.

My fear is the hero academy will be the same disappointment, especially for those f2p and c2p people who would like something you canā€™t get from tc20

5 Likes

Sadly I canā€™t disagree with your math. It is way to expensive.
I can see me only using it once I have to much food. But as I still have a lot of troops stored this isnā€™t in the near future. By that point I also probably have enough battle items stockpiled.

2 Likes

Right from the first glance at the initial set up in beta I felt like my intelligence was being insulted.

You want me to put that much effort into doing THAT?

How many players out there donā€™t read the forums and will be frantically leveling this monster thinkingā€¦ it has to get better ā€¦ right?

And how many more are star struck by shards and donā€™t realise just how rediculously long it is going to take to gather 10k and just how many resources it will suck into oblivion along the way :sleepy:

14 Likes

It seems that Alchemy lab is like TCā€¦ you put a large amount of materials in it and somewhere in few month you get a 4* itemā€¦ it will be many complaints hereā€‹:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

2 Likes

The biggest request of change for the devs would be to allow for cancels of transmutations. I suspect there will be a lot of players that arenā€™t aware that once you transmute, you wonā€™t be able to do anything else. Because you canā€™t skip, now you have to wait until all transmutations to finish cooking. Allowing to cancel, can help players that made the mistake to at least cancel out and work on leveling the AL.

Also, awarding only 50 emblems for 10k Alkashards is an absolute joke, but I already posted that above.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Lab so far! Just curious as my SH23 only finished last week I believe, did you rush the Lab? I didnā€™t think we would see AL10 this soon. 10K Alkashards doesnā€™t seem so bad if youā€™re already at 3,376.

Yes, I gemmed the leveling. I wouldnā€™t recommend it though because the rewards arenā€™t that great. I mean, if 48 days of transmutation (fastest amount of time to get to 10k Alkashards) and 4k gems only amounts to 50 emblems, whatā€™s the point? I really think the devs dropped the ball on this one. There is absolutely no incentive whatsoever to spend gems on transmutations. It was beneficial when 200 emblems were available, but not 50.

6 Likes

Iā€™m very interested to see what you are offered once you get to 10k, it may have been tweeked since ā€œlast seenā€ in beta.

3 Likes

I did picture with informations from beta.

1 Like

Iā€™m at 4426 Alkashards right now, so I should have 10k in 4 more weeks

3 Likes

The only way AL would have been valuable for me is if it had a level that was something along the lines of:

Transmute 100 3* AM >>> 1 4* AM (cost 500k food, 250 gems, 10 days)

even with the gem cost, long wait, etc, I would pack that level so full of 3*am and gems it wouldnā€™t even be funny.

2 Likes

AL9 does that. You transmute 12 3* for a chance at a 4*. It doesnā€™t guarantee it though. Iā€™ve had 3 cooked and hasnā€™t given me a 4* mat yet.

1 Like

Should have been more clear, a guaranteed 4*.

This is why i put the very high 3* am ingredient cost at the beginning.

2 Likes

I am not sure how I feel about the 50 emblems though. Of course, 50 sound laughable, on the other hand 200 additional emblems every 48 days (so more than 4 per day) would have been a massive advantage for high spenders and imo would have increased the gap between them and c2p/f2p big time. The shop offers for emblems at least are limited to once or twice per week from what I remember.

2 Likes

Way less. Iā€™m not even sure if theyā€™re offered once every two weeks. (I buy them every time; they are NOT a big source of emblems.)

2 Likes