Unfair Matches in Alliance Wars

@Aboisso27

Screenshot_2018-04-08-20-28-23
This was one of the most fun war we had regardless of win or loss. More than a worthy opponent and not even the biggest difference in score (but the inly Screenshot(s) I have).
(Was pre 1.12 update though)
You can even see Uriel say: “Strategy won, not better heroes” in the second Screenshot.

Don’t get me wrong, I greatly enjoy a challenge, and have absolutely no issue fighting a team better than us, in fact I also prefer it, but until you get to the top 100 to 200 alliance level, those alliance scores are a really good indicator of where you are. For example, we have some newish players, guys that are in the 1500 to 1800 cup range. Which is great, they’re active and fun. We’re at about 115k total because we also have some 2500 cup guys. I think, from what I’ve seen, this is a fairly reasonable alliance split for those in the Top 350 to 550 range or so. My point is, pairbus with a top 350 to 550 alliance. It will be a good fight. We are against the 75th best alliance right now, and it’s not even remotely close. We scored decently, we’ll top 3500 war points, but they’re annihalating us. Those lower trophy teams are just too easy for them to pick off and they basically cannot fight because a 75th ranked alliance doesnt have a team below 3450. It just doesn’t make sense, and it shouldn’t be that hard to find alliances that are good matchups.

Matchmaking worked well for us after the update. We lost one and won one, both was pretty close in score.
Now I am only waiting for aw leaderboard :blush:

Julia, just out of curiosity, how close were your alliance scores?

First we were #17 and matched #7. We lost by 23 points.
Now we are #16 and matched #6. We won by a margin of 500 points. Our team did pretty well today.

2 Likes

Again, in both of the Alliances I am in the scores were close, even though the Alliance scores were not close matches.

@Aboisso27 The scores was 6351/6374 and 6032/5493. Alliance score I think was 3- 5000 difference. That changes all the time :wink:

We have also a close matchmaking after update, one win, one loss, but the both wars was under 200 points difference. This was not happening before the update, our titan score was very good and that cost us in wars.

I posted in another forum but I’ll copy to here. We had more fun and better matchup in the old. Even if we somehow had deeper benches our overall lower levels across the board meant we were always going to struggle with such stronger defensive teams:

Teroknor
1d
Ok. Long post coming, but an example of what we view as a mismatch under the new system. We are not an alliance that expects to win every war. We were 11-5 or 10-6 under the old system, now 0-2 with the new… And we never feel like we have a chance to win now. That wasnt the case previously.
Lucy’s kitchen vs. RESSURECTION
Score: 4368 - 3103
Screenshot_2018-05-20-11-33-41Screenshot_2018-05-20-11-33-41.jpg1440x2880 1.26 MB
some info:
They had 21 fully leveled 5 stars across 7 defensive teams, including 2 teams of 5 and 1 of 4. We have 1 fully leveled 5 star on our teams.
They had 45 fully leveled 4* we had 50. They used 12 3* on defense we used 11.
We had 31 other 5* on our teams they had 24. Most of ours are tier 2, most of theirs tier 3.
They had 11 players with 4 star troops levelled to double digits we have 0.
Team mix:
They had 4 over 4000 with 2 over 4100. We have 0.
They had 5 over 3500. We have 3. Their best in that range was 3895. Our strongest is 3678.
Over 3000 they had 16 us 21.
Over 2500 both 3.
Under 2500 them 2 us 3. Their low is 2310 ours 2266.
Alliance score 108185 to our 86582.

I really can’t understand why they still haven`t done anything with it. This is becoming ridiculous when you are regularly put up against teams that are 50% stronger. Can developers explain to me how are we suppose to win such war? Maybe I am not aware of some hidden tricks in the game? Honestly, just f… that.

1 Like

Total BS matchups, we were undefeated until this last war matchup change, since then we havnt won a war because were being matched with oponents way stronger. This current matchup were up against a top 20 team and were not even in the top 100. So we went from crappy loot from winning wars to even crappier loot for losing. Not even worth our time and im hoping the we drop from wars all together.

2 Likes

since the new set up our alliances closest loss was by 1550 points , some more than 2000 .
The arrow revenge cripples teams that do not get early kills.
IMO if the top 30 hero’s are being calculated in match ups then all hero’s should be used in defence, use the attack slots/team set up to reflect the chosen defence teams & once hilled the next team is regenerated NOT the same team , curently there is no point having a strong bench other than using weaker teams to follow up attacks

60 can attack , have 60 that will defend & once all 6 teams are gone that player doesnt regenThis may go some way to reflecting bench depth & make a more interesting fight from the benches.AS is the lower alliances are being matched with stupid losses, no matter how much ppl want to deny its happening.How many screen prints need putting up b4 some stop saying “its how you fight”
dump the revenge arrows & utilise all benches in the defence

Hello moxy! I have line now , finally , hehe!
All i remember is miguel’ line Which is leafffff? I tried to find it but idk which one lol.
So if by chance you read this, please add me in line. My id is Al_Mee

Don’t know what are you doing with the war matchups but it’s not working 1st time it’s ok but 4th time in a row it’s not fun 20000k alliance difference

1 Like

IMG-20190120-WA0007

Don’t understand what is wrong sorry

@Baubau It doesn’t look like your post has any text, just the screenshots, so it’s hard to tell what you’re posting about.

I’m guessing that maybe you’re unhappy with the War Matchup, in which case you’re certainly not alone, as you can see in this rather lengthy thread:

(@Kerridoc @Rook Possible Merge of Topic)

You may want to read a bit about how War Matching works:

Or you may want to read a bit about War Strategy — with good planning, it’s actually quite possible to defeat a team that’s stronger. Our alliance seems to have a bizarre underdog streak where we nearly always have a lower War Score than the other team, but we often win nonetheless, thanks to high participation rates, and some coordination on strategy.

I hope something in all of that helps, and good luck in the War!

3 Likes

Google translate:

How you can fight against them looks at the difference between my alliance and them

@Baubau The official forum language is English, and most people on the forum speak English (and sometimes additional languages) — so please translate your text before posting it so more people can help you. :smiley:

If you prefer to write in Italian, that’s fine too, we can just move your post to Foreign Languages where that’s allowed.

My post up above has links to strategy guides for fighting in War.

Why can’t we have wars in two different categories, one fir invite only alliances and the other for open alliances.

I am in an open alliance and this is the 3 War in a row we have gone against an invite only alliance and we are getting our butts kicked bad. Almost all of the teams are 3500-4100 power teams and since we are open we have newbies that have teams of like 1500 and so.

It’s making people in my alliance not wanting to even compete in the Wars.