Troops strategy. What is the most cost effective to get to the top?

I’m rather new but am leaning toward a P2W strategy. I’m acquiring 5* characters at a quicker pace lately and I love it. Sooo… I thought a 4* troop was a 4* troop. Apparently I’m wrong according to what I’ve read lately. Can one of you Vets help explain the difference between troop types (mana, etc) and how they are best utilized in ones attack? I got a large amount of 4* troops. At one point a troop per hero. Come to find oiut, that is not beneficial. You only need that of you are playing same colors in the same game (I think) should I consolidate all those troops to a couple teams of 4* and a team of 3*?

How does it work?

Basics would help friends

Does anyone really know how it works or is all that bl st?

I think it’s real but, how did you learn all this ( if it really is)?

There are threads for dayyyyys on the argument of what is better there are 2 troops Critical and Mana charging. There are thresholds on mana troops which some find more beneficial but are hard to reach but have the lousy +healing stat which is fairly useless, used more so on snipers Critical troops have the +hp% stat.

I’d recommend reading up on it and deciding for yourself. I personally have went the mana route until I reach level 23 (which shaves a tile on on average heros and surpasses level 11 for very fast and level 17 for slow). Then I may jump to critical for my main stay tank heros.

I’d suggest reading into it a ton but there is no harm I levelling either or in the mean time till you decide for yourself what is important.

A high leveled mana troop is highly benefical to have as it would lower the amount of required tiles to charge a hero by 1. I have multiple 4* troops but the only ones over lv12 are the mana ones, wich are respectively at lv 30 :purple_circle: /29 :yellow_circle: /29 :large_blue_circle: /29 :green_circle: /25 :red_circle:

Here you can see a detailed guide about troop’s leveling: Troop Guide and Levelling Suggestions
Crit troop can also be useful but the mana ones grant you faster and hard hitting heroes, so apart from titan’s battles and PvE I generally use mana troops.

3 Likes

Here is a pretty good threshold sheet, it may be confusing at first but if you are considering the mana route as myself and @FraVit93 this is a good guide.

1 Like

Wow… grand is this…

1 Like

I guess in a nutshell, I’d start on mana troops, this is a safe bet. If you obtain a ridiculously good top rated tank that will be your tank forever you could branch off to a crit troop for the added hp+% if you decide. Guin or kuchen. Not a tank but an OP wing Mother North who I’d reccomend to pull in the upcoming Christmas event also is a good pairing for a critical troop.
As you can see in the chart the thresholds are fairly high to shave tiles, I have been playing about 16 months and have just reached my first purple mana troop to 23 without spending on troops. Mana troops also give a substantially better attack bonus.
Also keep in mind that troops can be reused in your war lines. This was also a major deciding point to go the mana route and potentially you can benefit from the reduced charging on a hero on all 6 war lines.

Well there is way to much info out there and point of views. I just tried to cover some of the important points imo. I’m sure you’ll find your answers.

1 Like