Titan score decreasing

Well, if you’re keeping good records, post your actual patterns of the titan order please.

We can do some napkin math off the realistic sample: i.e. if you decide to take a pass the sensible thing is to tell your members not to use items and then hold flags at the 11h mark.

That sensible line is probably around 40% killed for trying to do the example math as you likely are calling the titan way ahead of time in this strat so you’re going to tell your members not to use items, or to go merc, or to do something other than hit the titan as hard as they can.

It’s not a matter of trying to convince each other, I’m genuinely curious and would like to see how a real world example that you’re doing is working out.

That and I’m kinda greedy for more titan progression data which I’m sort of looking at as my next real project hah.

1 Like

I am not sure it can help but here is our titan series. Sadly i kept track of PV since few weeks only

1 Like

Figured out the Titan decay timer.

24h as stated before.

Keyed off the Alliance creation time.

1 Like

I was wondering about the 5% decay that we once skipped. It was when the start of the titan was around the time of the decay

But more generally, since a titan cycle is 23h and the 5% decay is once a day (around the alliance creation time it seems) it should means that each 23 titans we skip a 5% on a titan. Am i right ?

Yeah, though the higher your score the more the 5% decay takes and it appears to work out over time if you are stationary on a given titan level.

Verified. We skipped the 5% decay on a titan and aligned two victories without decay.

Details? How did that work out? :slight_smile:

Look at our titan schedule. Once on 24 titan we mathematically gain one skip

1 Like

To be more precise, the timing of daily 5% seems link to the creation time of your alliance (6-7h am) for us. When a titan ends around this time you will have the possibility to kill two titans without a single decay for two titans. Since a titan is 23h period, its logical

Even happens somewhat more frequently than that in practice dependant on kill speed (our fastest is around 5-6 hours consistently and our slowest is around 10h currently so there’s times where this happens naturally outside of the minimum 1/24 times) but agreed in general that is the case.

That said, when we’re taking 5% of a now inflated score that’s more than 5% of the “normal” score, so the decay function does eventually trend back. Ultimately it works fairly well anyway, can probably manipulate it some in the short term when talking leaderboard pushes or whatever but over the long run /shrug.

Does killing a titan on a given day in any way affect the decay of the Titan score (e.g. kill a titan in 6-8 hours and the decay applies to a shorter duration resulting in a lower decay offset)?

The decay happens everyday at the same time (at the time the alliance was created) and the score decays by 5%.
So you could delay the titan kill till after the decay so the score lost is not that big, but otherwise the killing time does not affect decay.

Are you still playing in the game and do you have a LINE contact? I would love to replicate this in English but I’m sure I have just a couple questions. My LINE ID is Grumolch.

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Apart from this „simple“ math exercise, are there any other formula to know?

Especially I trying to figure out how to stay on a constant Titan Star-Level.
I read a view post were players are considering to kill the Titan as late as possible, in the last 5 minutes or something?

Are there any known score level were 12* ends and 13* starts?

Hello @Revelate so the score evolve only with kill/escape ? no others parameters ( kill speed, %titan power realized,…) ?
N.B. We try to stay in an affordable level for the Path of Valor
Edited, sorry I had not seen this :
Escape (approximate) = (T x 400)/2 x %Percent killed.
But does that mean if you don’t hit at all percent killed = 0 and escape impact = 0 ?

I have no knowledge that killing speed improving titan score. May be only temporary till titan decay will come.

On the contrary, you seem to have nailed it down perfectly! I’ve been using your formulas and they’ve been predicting the score exactly every time (includes 4 escapes so far, all accurately predicted). You obviously have to round off to the nearest integer, but yeah, that’s the right equation!

My frustration now is trying to figure out how the Titan Score correlates to Titan strengths. My Alliance has been doing planned escapes (letting about every 5th Titan go), thinking that by doing negligible damage on the escapes we can keep our Titan Score down, thereby increasing our winning% for PoV. However, it appears the Titan *'s may not be connected to Titan Score at all, as our decreased score doesn’t seem to diminish the Titan strengths any more than if we had gone ahead and done 90%+ damage on the escaped Titans.

It’s very confusing and frustrating… I mean, what’s the point of having a Titan Score (and figuring out its calculation) if it has no bearing on what Titans you face? And does anyone know any strategies for increasing Titan winning%, since maximizing score decay on escapes doesn’t seem to accomplish anything?

In my alliance we have a specific titan guru role - all things titan were deferred to her. Data was kept on titan HP and colour, and there was minimal flask use as we tried to find our natural titan level.

There are titan colours we are strong in, for example red & purple, and then there were colours we as a team had to work harder to defeat eg. Yellow and blue. Keeping a record of titan colour and HP, allow early notification of titans being released so battle items are not wasted.

Btw - we are now farming 14* titans.

2 Likes

FROM TEAM INCEPTION (10/13) OF BATMAN: DARK OPS

OUR RECORD STANDS AS THUS:

20 consecutive 14* kills and at highest HP for a 14* (last 3 with full 30/30 alliance)

NOTE: Yes there were players hitting for over 2MM initially to keep the string - that data was not entered into the system, as well on a couple occasions early in that period Merc help.

6 consecutive War wins (last 3 with full 30/30 alliance)

Commentary by RaZ

How did I start the team with a 14* Titan, easy I took over an Alliance that had fallen apart, that was with High Rank and @ 14* titans. Shaves a month+ off trudging ride starting from scratch. Been there done that.

LOGIC IS THUS

My team is within a sphere of competitors consisting of N teams.

Should any team above me pass or fail to kill a Titan, they are for a period of time given a Scarlet Letter as it pertains to our team so long we continue to string kill 14* Titans. Thus we MOVE UP in rank.

The same holds for this pool of teams in regards to war. If one loses or ties and we continue to win period, we MOVE UP in rank.

Now with Titans and Rank (TEMPORARY RANK ADJUSTMENT) being that teams in this pool are killing at different times a team can achieve a rank that is greater than their base rank. In the case I site from today however we moved back in rank not forward. In order for that to happen TIME would need to be removed from the FACTOR and the assumption would be all teams killed, none failed all at the same time. Then logically I could say this can happen and accept it, but odds are someone passed in the 150-101 range today.

I’m hoping that someone in the forum (Instead of me guessing or continuing to try to figure it out) - can tell me how a team that from its inception has strung 14* without pass/fail and won all wars is not making much headway (I know that individual war score plays into this as well and that I’m not going to go into here).

A note: war score has been going up 300pts per win. I happened to capture it at approximately +600pts following war however it was adjusted back down to 300pts after the titan kill (highlighted in yellow below).

I initially thought that today’s pre/post Titan results were maybe compromised by an early departure but that wasn’t the case which puts another spin on this for me.

I’m a player on a mission, yet if the mission is not possible for some unforeseen circumstances well hell I would like to know so I quit spinning in circles. LOL, RIGHT! Think this seems fair.

So MUCH THANKS TO ANY PLAYER THAT HAS VALID insight as to what may be happening is greatly greatly greatly appreciated. - RAZOR!

I am going to include players that in the past I’ve talked to on the subject. I also realize that my prior data collection around all this is no longer valid due to changes made to calculations in the game since as well yes my discussion here likely is very over simplified I’m trying to keep it simple.

Confirmation that player remained until I had captured the adjustment

Tracking points of Alliance Score and its breakdown

I have exited and reentered the game many times now and we are well over an hour past war results and titan kill. The final entry remains the same with Alliance Rank at #146.

@Guvnor @Rigs (Damn it Rigs did you get put in the corner again???) @Sarah2 (saw you were last in this thread) @GrandGousier @Gryphonknight @littleKAF there are others just not coming to mind at the moment. MODS please feel free to move this to an appropriate location in the forum it this is not it. Thanks again!

@DracoLovesRi - including you D as we will be discussing I know so here is the reference point.
@rednaxela - same Neo!

NOTE: 2 corrections needed to be made that I’m just getting back to.

1. The most recent war score at 12:29:12PM on 11/1/2020 should be 128,644.

2. should say failed to kill or passed

3 Likes