đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22.1) – August, September & October HOTM, Bug Fixes

Yeah, I was thinking through this. If they don’t take damage during underwater stages, I guess they would take damage during every non-underwater stage!

Still doesn’t make sense that Poseidon, ruler of the seas, takes damage underwater :rofl:

9 Likes

I’m imagining a human walking on the street then suddenly clutching his chest. “GASP! AIR! MY ONE WEAKNESS.”

proceeds to melt into the sidewalk

5 Likes

I think he is more like a beach god who never went to swim :ghost:

Hi zephyr1

Just want to see the attributes of the Oct and Nov HOTMs but don’t see it in your threads
 could you please assist. Thanks

On another note, i see in some alliances that players have been inactive for more than 600 days
 would it be possible to deactivate these players and make room for real players? Thanks

Their info and stats are in the threads about them:

I don’t think Small Giant ever typically removes inactive players from alliances, but depending on their roles in the alliance, Elders, Co-Leaders, or the Leader can remove them.

Thank you as always. Didn’t realise I needed to expand the arrow
 seeing ‘useless’ :smirk::yum:

For the inactive players I think it would help if any player inactive for more than two years - and who has not injected any $ in the game be kicked out
 will create space in your database hey? Thanks again.

1 Like

That’s unfair. Some people play games in intervals. You can’t just take all their time and money investment away by kicking them from the game.

You’ve gotta want it and work for it. :wink:

To be clear, I don’t work for Small Giant, so I have no say on that, and can’t speak to how they choose to manage their player databases.

I do know that the Terms of Service say they can delete inactive accounts, I just don’t think they actually tend to do that in practice.

Typically the main complaint people have is that alliance leaders who stop playing aren’t automatically kicked or demoted. That makes for a zombie alliance that’ll never be able to have new Leader or new Co-Leaders promoted, or have a full team roster of active players — and the only way to fix it is to create a new alliance and have everyone migrate. There are many, many threads about that in Ideas & Feature Requests.

There’s also at least one thread about removing inactive alliances: Remove inactive Alliances

I also found this one small thread that’s more generically about automatic removal of inactive players, though there are probably others too: Auto remove player from alliance after 30 days last time in game

Thanks
 I’m precising
 for players who did not put money and have not played for more than 2 years.

Thank you again
 the last point does make sense.

1 Like

Why remove them from the game immediately? It is enough to remove such a player only from the alliance. If he wants to come back, he will come back and find another alliance while keeping the money and account.

Because if they’re in the database, they are subject to be matched up in raids and war, (down the road) as more alliances go zombie.
If we look to the future of where SGG is currently headed with their “improvements”, it is likely that entire alliances will cease to play. This could cause more and more havoc in matchmaking.

The alliance score being used to match in war somewhat can counter this, because the score decrease over time.

Still, it is something to think about, and address.

That would be easy to address. Auto opt out of war if inactive for a period of time and do the same with raid matches after an even longer period of time, or just prioritise active players. Either way solves it without booting anyone’s progress

I can’t speak for raiding, but I know non-participation in a certain number of wars will drop inactive members. I had one member who would join, do nothing for like 3 wars (which was super annoying because he had a great bench meaning we always fought harder alliances without his help), then rage because “I can’t participate in wars for some reason.”

I think inactive players aren’t raided either after a certain point. I forget where I heard it from, but I think that’s the case too.

So zombie accounts don’t contribute to much after a cut off point.

Well
 i was excited seeing a new beta beat thread
 until I realized v22.1 is way over.

2 Likes

Ugh same! I saw August HOTM and jumped the gun. Sigh

1 Like

Beta applications have been closed since December 2019.

You can keep an eye out on News & Updates and Apply for Beta for future opportunities to apply for Beta.

You’ll only be able to see the application or that second category if you’ve used the Forum enough to reach Trust Level 2.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Help With Forum Issues Available Here!