šŸ¤– Tenebrae ā€“ 5* Dark / Purple from Construct family

New Construct Hero is released: Tenebrae

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Tenebrae, as well as your thoughts on Tenebrae.

Tenebrae

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1085 1023 1709
4/90 1242 1170 1955
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Construct
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Corrosive Core
The Construct Core of this character is Corrosive Core.
The Corrosive Core activates each time this characterā€™s Special Skill is cast:
- All enemies receive Corrosive Poison for 3 turns. With a fully charge Corrosive Core, the Corrosive Poison deals 139 Posion damage and lowers the targetā€™s mana generation by -13% each turn.
- The Poison damage is scaled by the amount of charge in the Core, All charge is exchausted when the Core is activated.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Rod of Torment
  • Deals 395% damage to the target.
  • The target get Soul Bound for 3 turns. This effect canā€™t be cleansed.
    • This effect will always bypass reflection.
  • All damage received by the caster is also dealt to all Soul Bound Enemies.
    • Damage is shared between all Soul Bound enemies.
    • This effect will not share damage coming from other shared damage sources or counterattacks.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Construct Family:

Members of this family have Construct Core

• The Construct Core is charged each time this character receives damage for normal attacks or Special Skills.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 999 to 1007.
  • Defense is increased from 920 to 949.
  • Health is increased from 1563 to 1586.
  • Silence is removed the skill.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 3 of Construct Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Tenebrae ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Tenebrae.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Tenebrae and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Tenebrae worth summoning for?

• Would you use Tenebrae on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Tenebrae ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Tenebrae as an opponent?

• Would you give Tenebrae Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Tenebraeā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Tenebrae and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Tenebrae, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Tenebrae when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Tenebrae, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Tenebrae (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Tenebrae), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Tenebrae (post release)

:question: Is Tenebrae worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Tenebrae would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Tenebraeā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Soul Bound Debuffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Tenebrae compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Tenebraeā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Tenebraeā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Tenebraeā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Tenebrae worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Tenebrae is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Tenebrae is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Tenebrae worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Tenebrae then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Interesting special, like mirror Echoes of Pain. Will make those killer AoE special more prohibitive. Also have Ferrus and Corrosive Core is pretty good.

1 Like

Do we know why they nerf Tenebrae by taking away silence?

I mean sharing the damage as described is quite limited and his sniper is very low.
If I understand him correctly; in best case you damage with 395% (no one dies) and if enemies fire you will normal or direct damage you will send the same amount to your soulmate and if are taking a lot of damage maybe your soulmate die? Correct? :rofl:

I think they destroyed him by taking away silence. Or if he was Very fast at least.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Soul bound just feels like a different form of Counterattacks, like, I really donā€™t see the the need for a new type of skill for something we already have. Maybe Iā€™m just not understanding it correctly.

I LOVE the artwork, she reminds me of Dancer of the Boreal Valley from DS3.

She looks highly inspired by the Dancer.

5 Likes

they nerf her on the release date. Thatā€™s interesting :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah itā€™s a confusing special but it does seem like a counterattack that only targets that one hero with the soulbound? Iā€™m not really getting it as it doesnt seem strong at all, unless I too am missing something.

You hit a target. That target gets 395% damage and is soulbound. Now every time tenebrae is hit for 3 turns, that soulbound target receives the same amount of damage as tenebrae?

It really doesnt seem particularly scary. Only affects one enemy and initial damage is pretty weak for a sniper type. Iā€™m a but perplexed but will reserve jusgment until others start playing with them.

3 Likes

I believe this is the first hero with over 1000 in base attack

3 Likes

A note on statsā€¦
Tenebraes hit with 395% has higher damage output than Liannas 512%

I donā€™t quite know how this will work, and does not seem very good for defense. Probably fun for offense, but intuitively I feel Quintins special is much more deadly.
She should probably have been either very fast or have had a ā€œdamage reductionā€ as long as soul bond was active or something like that.

3 Likes

It does work against DOTs. But at the same time, itā€™s not the soul bound thatā€™s perplexing, itā€™s the lack of support this hero gets for this unique ailment.
For a passive ailment like this, 3 turns is way too short to do anything, unless sheā€™s firing it right before the enemies
I donā€™t understand why she got silence to begin with, she should be getting 50% damage reduction for 3 turns
The uncleansable ailment imo also backfired for her. Imagine if her ailment is cleansable, she can synergize with carmenta. Even if it got cleansed away, doesnā€™t really matter as sheā€™d set up her corrosive poison and extra defences by then. She needs a lot of support in this iteration
Ironically, I feel that only the corrosive poison passive at fast is her best skill.

3 Likes

The OP is adjusted with the changes. Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

yeah I pulled her with one of my 600 coins. Wasnt even trying for her.

But honestly Iā€™m disappointed. Those purple gargoyles seem way better. I keep wondering if I am missing something in the language of this heroā€™s special? Is there some secret strength that Iā€™m just not seeing ?

Had 405 coins saved up, Tiburtus, Colen, Isshtak and Tenebrae.
Stats on the card show different at 4/90 1309, 1260, 2157.
Happy either way, was saving some aethers for my next 2LB, know what it will be now.

1 Like

I originally thought that her special was interestingā€¦love me something new ā€¦but Iā€™m surprised sheā€™s not getting much love here. Absolutely love the artwork on all these construct herosā€¦whoā€™s ever worked on theseā€¦kudos!

2 Likes

She will be awesome with Carmenta. Unfortunately both missing in my portfolio.

1 Like

this will never be the case as in 3 turns is almost impossible to fire again this hero :)))

shame as silence give her something she was good,
now she is just ok-ish sniper

she will be way better if she is very fast and that deal 250% to one for example and then maybe last part of specials will come to effect sometimes

beautiful card hero and shame that she is not as good as in beta :frowning:

1 Like

No, soul bound is uncleansable, carmenta can only spread cleansable ailments

1 Like

Terrible hero. Youā€™re better off just using any older 600% sniper ā€¦ at least you donā€™t have to wait 3 turns later for your target to maybe die.

4 Likes

Good luck everyone who pulls for her! I tried (200+) and naturally failedā€¦did get 2 HotM and some other duplicatesā€¦some not so bad but there are two many different options for me to level up a duplicate they must be exceptional or game changer and the only one I desired was tenebrae or lastest green Wo3K guy.

5 Likes