🏰 Teddy – 5* Nature / Green from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Teddy

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Teddy, as well as your thoughts on Teddy.

Teddy

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1074 1074 1753
4/90 1229 1229 2006
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Bear
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Buff Received
This character recovers 5% health when they receive a buff or a positive stack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: The Call to Hibernate
  • Deals 180% damage to all enemies
  • All enemies fall asleep.
  • While asleep, the target can’t attack or gain mana.
  • All damage dealt to the sleeping target is increased by +70%.
  • The sleeping target is woken once it takes damage. The excudes damage from Minions or Fiends.
  • All allies regenerate 1200 HP over 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the Same Family in Battle.

Bear Family
Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• All received defense status ailments will be replaced by a +40% / +60% / +70% defense buff for 3 turns.

Event Hero Bonus:

• The members of this family have additional perks in the Clash of Knights event.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Teddy from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v61]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Teddy ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Teddy.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Teddy and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Teddy worth summoning for?

• Would you use Teddy on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Teddy ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Teddy as an opponent?

• Would you give Teddy Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Teddy’s character design?

• If you Summoned Teddy and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Teddy, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Teddy when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Teddy, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Teddy (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Teddy), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Teddy (post release)

:question: Is Teddy worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Teddy would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Teddy’s Primary Purpose is?

• Opponent Disabler (Sleep)
  • Damage Increaser
  • Healer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Teddy compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Teddy’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Teddy’s Base Stats?

Note this means Teddy’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Teddy worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Teddy is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Teddy is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Teddy worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Teddy then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Balbar crawled, so that this hero could run

2 Likes

There’s a yawning chasm between Teddy’s skill and Balbar’s

1 Like

What if erlang shen hit on him? Teddy will replace it to attack up buff with or without damage?

It has swapped to the defence version. Stag is now the attack up. And yes it will proc Erlang’s ailment damage

Interested in if his special will be making him more user friendly

Tank Teddy with a passive minion team, if he fires without ailment/taunt up then it’s a guaranteed win? Seems broken

The regular hit Would still wake them

3 Likes

The hero arrived without any changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Was psyched to get a green Knights hero but it’s this guy and not the OP hitter. I see this guy being great to shut down the wings. Tile damage is one cascade away from waking up all the heroes with not very much damage. Don’t know at the moment if he will be good to level or not. I will Take him to 3/70 I guess and see how he works and see if there is more comments about this odd hero

3 Likes

From what I can see, it’s all about timing. If you wait till your heavy hitters are charged and ready to go, you can deal substantially more damage to all of them.

Other use cases could be to shut someone down who’s about to fire to buy you some time.

He’d pair well with Matilda and other DoT heroes, and Quintin / Torben.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s quite strategic to use. Probably excellent paired with motega as his butterfly friends do not wake up the sleeping beauties, and they get a good 90% stacked damage amp. Also really good to shut down wings on rush, especially the MoNo/Kalo duo. Although C MoNo can put up a fight with the monk resist

Imagine Freya/teddy/motega. Death by a thousand paper cuts
Also funny how hypnos who is the god of sleep doesn’t have sleep as his skill and this guy has it

1 Like

Pulled him yesterday, but after watching a few videos and thinking about him I don’t really know where he would be good to use…

Balbar on steroids. If one can build a team around him with C/ Freya and a fiend summoner. He can make the wings melt pretty fast. And then setup a kill switch with an AOE killer. That is the end game. He requires strategy to be effective not the usual hit and kill kind of card.
His HOT makes him a good overall package.

One other use case for me is to fire him first charge Hippo and fire Quintin and that’s a lot of damage to all and a kill to one. 2 different colours, but outside the meta, it can be made to work.

1 Like

Give TeDDy … a Fiend & Minion heavy team & fire :fire: strategically…. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::wink::rofl:

Oh :exclamation: come on…. Who am I kidding…. I lost interest at the fire :fire: strategically…. Where’s the time, these days :interrobang::man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2: :eyes: :face_with_monocle:

Though,

• There might be something to keep those irritating wings silent for a turn or two… :exclamation:

Will enemies be awaken by dots?

Why would that equate to a win? Tile damage should knock them out of their sleep unless i misread his skills. He is really just a buff character that can make the whole team take extra damage on their next hit. It almost feels like you need anotger gimmick to make him useable. Like the green aoe attacker from this portal who does 200% extra damage on her second hit if it builds for enough rounds. You could activate Teddy so they get 70% additional damage and then have the green girl throw her powered up hit on everyone. But that would be a serious pain trying to effectively use both skills in that way. Maybe Gosek could do it if he is an option, but either way, i don’t understand how anything this guy does implies it will be an automatic win. Please explain how you think he could do that, i probably misunderstood how this card works.

yes, the targets wake up from slash hits, dots, specials skill damage and tiles.