🏰 Koda – 4* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

New Clash of Knights hero is released: Koda

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Koda, as well as your thoughts on Koda.

Koda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Cleric
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 773 692 1383
4/80 896 803 1603
Origin Family
Clash of Knights Bear
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Buff Received
This character recovers 5% health when they receive a buff or a positive stack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Feral Swing
  • Deals 400% damage to the target.
  • The target gets -35% defense for 3 turns. The defense decreases by -10% each turn, up to -55%.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the Same Family in Battle.

Bear Family
Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• All received defense status ailments will be replaced by a +40% / +60% / +70% defense buff for 3 turns.

Event Hero Bonus:

• The members of this family have additional perks in the Clash of Knights event.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Defense is increased from 631 to 637.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Clash of Knights Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v61]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Koda ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Koda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Koda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Koda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Koda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Koda ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Koda as an opponent?

• Would you give Koda Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Koda’s character design?

• If you Summoned Koda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Koda, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Koda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Koda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Koda (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Koda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Koda (post release)

:question: Is Koda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Koda would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Koda’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Koda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Koda’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Koda’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Koda worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Koda is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Koda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Koda worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Koda then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

Interesting. Bogart is similar although at average speed (hits target & nearby for 305% while also applying the same DD mechanic to all 3).

Better to hit 3 at average or 1 slightly harder at fast speed (and likely higher stats)?

1 Like

:smiling_imp: will replace Cheshire Cat on :sunny: Titans & over all a good DD​:bangbang:

3 Likes

The hero is arrived just with some stat change.
Polls are now enabled.

Higher attack and damage than Bogart, but a little less health and defense.

Both seem great in their own way.

I never leveled Heifeng Guai and I’m glad I didn’t. Koda is better in most scenarios.

Is this guy worth levelling up if one already has Goretooth for DD against yellow titans?

I’m wondering the same thing, is this guy useful outside of Titans?

I guess it all depends on your roster. I don’t have any hitter in purple so it makes sense for me to use him. I also have Carmenta, so if I pair her with Koda I can reset the DD for another 3 turns and spread to nearby enemies. His + 20% attack eather power for 6 turns at the start of a battle puts his attack stats at about 1150, which is strong for a 4* fast. But to get the most out of him he needs to be double LB. All in all he seems more like a one dimensional hero for Titans and 4* tourneys.

1 Like

This guy looks like C.Richard’s high school yearbook photo.

12 Likes

Just got for free in the mv summons.
No idea when ill get round to maxing i have cat already so not a priority, also no cleric emblems.
Does look alright def good for titans if you don’t have any other options.

I think, that comperable hero to Koda is Tiburtus. Both 4 stars, both purple. Key difference is how great their debuff is.Tiburtus does only 34%, Koda 55% and it is a huge deal as 55 gives opportunith to kill enemy hero with one sniper. Only drawback is, that Koda gives his debuff to one hero, when Tiburtus gives to 3, but is a bit slower. Comparing their raw stats like attack, def and hp, Koda is ahead as he is newer hero
I had to change my main team as I got new healer. I had to replace Athena and only hero I had, that is capable of giving similar def debuff is Koda. I leveled him up and went for shield path as I value more his def debuff more than just attack. It took some time to get used to him (Athena’s debuff requires hitting opponents with tiles to get -68% while here I just need to wait 2 turns) and as for now I can safely say, that I do not regret taking him. It’s a solid hero with okay stats, that fit his role well. I LB him 2 times.

I doubt this is the case with Tibs’ costume stat bonus. Then again who uses S1’s without costumes nowadays.

1 Like

My bad, I forgot about his costumes

I came here just to check if anyone has some feedback on who to level between these 2 heroes :smiley:

I have Tibs with 3 costumes and now Koda. I’m leveling him because I don’t have any 4 star purple snipers and I’m thinking his bigger defense down might help with titans. I’m definitely not sure about limit breaking him and tabards. I’ll have to play with him a bit before I decide how much to invest in him.

Are we talking about Koda? You don’t need tabards for 4* heroes so I’m totally confused :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I had been using Cheshire Cat for titans, but on average my scores went up with Koda. There is a little nuance to waiting on firing damage tiles after he fires so that his drop percentage goes up. That meant I did get some lower scores from cat’s consistency, but on average over 25 attacks or so my scores increased.

Cat and Koda have bigger drops than Tibs. For titans, take the bigger drop.

:beers: