+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume

(Costume is tested, but not released yet.)

Origin Family
Season 2 Sakura
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Oji-Waza
  • Deals 300% damage to the target.
  • The caster counterattacks with 135% of the damage received for 5 turns.
  • The caster regenerates a moderate amount of mana for each counterattack. This effect gets diminished for consecutive activations during the same turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sakura Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +3% / +6% / +9% / +11% / +13% mana generation.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

July 2024

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sumitomo ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sumitomo.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sumitomo and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sumitomo worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sumitomo on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sumitomo ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sumitomo as an opponent?

• Would you give Sumitomo Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Sumitomoā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Sumitomo and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sumitomo, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sumitomo when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sumitomo, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sumitomo (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Sumitomo), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sumitomo (post release)

:question: Is Sumitomo worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Sumitomo would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Sumitomoā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Counter attack (Self)
  • Mana Increaser (Self)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Sumitomo compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Sumitomoā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Sumitomo worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you donā€™t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I donā€™t think so.
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Sumitomo is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Sumitomo is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is this hero worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Sumitomo then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Sumitomo crawled, so that isrod could run

1 Like

Is it 300% damage as the text reads or 280% damage as the card reads?

Thx for noticing it.
I have taken the Hero Card image from a source, where it seems the damage was before this heroā€™s earlier buff.
I have now taken a fresh screenshot from my Sumitomo, and I have replaced the image in the OP with it.

So the 300% is the correct value.

4 Likes

I got him last Atlantis and just begun levelling him, I was out of Fire Projects. Is he too, what many refer to as ā€˜outdatedā€™? Perhaps good in Rush Tournaments only, or, flanked by Brynhild?

If you have even just a decent roster, he falls amidst the outdated and the useless. He was my first 4* red, i levelled him and used extensively in the early stages of the game. As soon as my roster got a little bit deeper (and i mean, vanilla 4* deeper) he has been benched. In defense, heā€™s way too easy to avoid. In offense, hits for nothing and once the counterattack kicks in, the enemies magically hit everyone else in your team but Sumitomo.
Heā€™s there, waiting for a future costume as a last chance before being fed away.

6 Likes

Good news first. He is not outdated.

Now to the bad news. He never was relevant. I got him back than when he was introduced, lvled him (I lvl all 4* I get) tried him out and he was useless. If I had to rank all red 4* he is probably on the last place. Even the S1 heroes are more useful.
He just doesnā€™t do enough damage and his riposte is also to weak compared to all other riposte heroes. He tries to combine this 2 features but fails epic.

I still have him around (canā€™t feed leveled heroes away) but havenā€™t used him for years nowā€¦

2 Likes

Oh boy, my man Sumitomoā€¦
I think you already guessed I like him :wink:

I mean, heā€™s not the best and feels like 4* version of Obakan with extra mana gain addition, but slower.

These days I rarely use him, unless Iā€™m going with ā€œriposte teamā€ (Sumi + Ferant covers 4 out of 5 heroes with riposte, I could use Mack, but I prefer to actually have ability to attack).

Even if heā€™s not the greatest hero, I own him something, because he is the main reason why I am still here and talking with you. At the very beginning of my adventure I had REALLY bad luck with heroes and hero tokens, I didnā€™t even had full 3* rainbow team, while people who started later than me outperformed me (later I realised they just paid, but itā€™s not about them).

I was close to drop the game, but I got Sumitomo and he carried me so much through early stages and early problems. I guess if I get any other hero they could have exactly same role on this story, but it was Sumitomo and to this day he have special place in my heart.

I will never eat him and Iā€™ll definitelly buy his avatar for gems if only SGG will release other avatars than S1, like, ever (still surprised they didnā€™t, itā€™s basically free money for them, just cropping already existing picturesā€¦)

8 Likes

If he has a self recovery of any sort, he will actually be quite decent.

Thank you @Basil for the feedback - I was afraid of that. Yes a future costume sure would be nice.

@ferg Thank you too -Ouch, ok, I wasnĀ“t aware that he was that bad, how unfortunate.

@CL_Fire Aw, I can relate to what you describe - I have a soft spot for the first four star hero I got too. I really do believe that he made quite the difference back then for you and I can completely understand why you keep him. IĀ“m glad he came to you, so that you are here today :slight_smile:

Oh, I had no idea that only S1 avatars were available in the shop! Hah, and here I was waiting for an event avatarā€¦I might as well buy that fierce-lookinĀ“ bear featured today, then! :bear: :smile:

@Tidyup Yes, I suspect with so many dispellers these days too, he is quite fragile to such as well.

4 Likes

l like him too but sadly heā€™s just outdated so been collecting dust.

1 Like

I can never forget how he bullied me back in the day. He badly need a costume now.

1 Like

He has a lot of untapped potential, I think. Especially when there are a lot of hard hitters in this meta.